PDA

View Full Version : An upturn in mk1 prices?...............

stamford
29-04-09, 08:53 PM
Hell no but worth a mention!

Kathy spied a trophy blue ZS at a local car sales today, easy to spot as it was the only car right in the middle on a set of ramps, centre of display. She didn't see the price first time but later this evening........................................... .............she called me when she went out..................................an 02 plate for £4295! :laugh:

I'm going to look at it to see why it is so much and pull the leg of the dealer :whistle:

Obviously owned by royalty or has delivery mileage!

tb steve
29-04-09, 10:09 PM
the bloke next door has a 1.8 rover 45 very low miles and its clean he got offered 4k as a px on a new car

i said take it

Nor
29-04-09, 11:15 PM
Thing is, we mock people who want to sell these cars are higher prices, but why shouldn't they be worth those prices?

stamford
30-04-09, 07:14 AM
Thing is, we mock people who want to sell these cars are higher prices, but why shouldn't they be worth those prices?

Well yes that would be good for us owners but not so for the buyers as I would hate for someone to get ripped off and buy a car that was worth a quarter in true terms.

Dan1971
30-04-09, 08:06 AM
the bloke next door has a 1.8 rover 45 very low miles and its clean he got offered 4k as a px on a new car

i said take it

Build in the 2K scrappage which some dealers will give on cars over 8 years old, the huge discounts already available on new cars, and the current dire new car sale market and I'd say he's just getting a fair deal .... nothing too special IMHO.

Still .... Got to be tempted I suppose.

Southside_ZS
30-04-09, 05:37 PM
As said thats what our cars "should" be worth. Compare the price of a 52 plate ZS to equivelent cars of that age.

afcbadam
30-04-09, 07:32 PM
surley if everybody upped the asking price of these cars the value of them would go up? i cannot beleive how much these cars are selling for, its a joke. cars with similar power are 3-4k more. ie astra gsi, clio 172/182, civic type r, focus st170 ect.

alot less money than all of them but the best imho. the kv6 is one of the best british built v6 engine out there.

any way i couldnt care what mines worth, its worth a lot more to me than money. if somebody offered me a good sum of money for it i still wouldnt sell her!

R8NMG
30-04-09, 07:49 PM
Funny how as soon as there is an MG or Rover badge on the bonnet and straight away the car is deemed worthless. When it is a different brand they are suddenly worth alot more but are they really better?

afcbadam
30-04-09, 07:57 PM
i think the zs is at least as good if not better than all of what i mentioned above. mabye not acceleration wise, but handling wise, its the most practical, has the best sounding engine, and the best looking

RudeDogg1
30-04-09, 08:00 PM
the book value for mine (parkers) was over 5 grand whenm i got mine about 2.5 years ago i didnt pay that mind was just over 4 cant believe how prices have plumeted

LozMachine
30-04-09, 08:51 PM

i think the zs is at least as good if not better than all of what i mentioned above. mabye not acceleration wise, but handling wise, its the most practical, has the best sounding engine, and the best looking

Bloody well said :thumbsup:

stamford
30-04-09, 09:58 PM
I looked at said car tonight..............bog standard, a bit tired looking and a big dent in the bootlid...............never worth £4295 though, got to admire their front!

XPCobra
01-05-09, 12:19 AM
Funny how as soon as there is an MG or Rover badge on the bonnet and straight away the car is deemed worthless. When it is a different brand they are suddenly worth alot more but are they really better?

is it not because mg/rover are no longer in buisness?

Southside_ZS
01-05-09, 05:41 PM
is it not because mg/rover are no longer in buisness?

Even when MG-R were around they've always had a huge depriciation value over here. I remember about ten years ago my dad was looking at a wedge shape Rover 200 SEi. It was only 2 years old and it was alot cheaper than less desirable models of the same age. It had all the electrics, half leather alloy wheels e.t.c. A same age Renault Laguna he also looked at, bottom of the range 1.6 was about 3k more than the Rover

Stuart
01-05-09, 05:52 PM
I just traded my 53 plate Diesel in for £1400 with 104k on the clock, i was expecting much less!! although he did say he would have gave me a grand max if it were petrol!! :unsure: