PDA

View Full Version : Crashed the ZS

georgiansoccer
19-08-07, 11:07 AM
Was involved in an accident with the ZS today. Someone went into the front of me. Think it might be a write off. Here is a pic from what i can see it needs:

Front Bumper
Bonnet
Wing
Radiator
Fans

Smokey
19-08-07, 11:18 AM
omg, saw this and my heart jumped into my mouth! I hope you are 100% well?. Am truly gutted mate, just when I wanted to meet up and get pics together! will you fix it even if it is written off?

stamford
19-08-07, 11:39 AM
That is terrible news, so sorry to see that, is everyone okay though?

I hope it can be repaired, it is a shame if another is allowed to be written off.

Boot Hill Bandit
19-08-07, 11:41 AM
I would say thats definately a write off..........

Personally...........I would keep my lips closed and get it repaired if you want to keep it.

Sorry to see this bud.........bearing in mind the low number of MK2's about I would seriously consider keeping it and funding the repairs privately if at all possible.

Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
19-08-07, 11:42 AM
Oh.........and before I forget.......if you have any problems with panels or parts feel free to give EMS a ring on Monday to see what they can do....... 01634 388999.

Jim

garythesnail
19-08-07, 11:44 AM
As long as you're OK, the metal doesn't matter.

From the picture and point/angle of impact, she probably needs 'pulling' back in to shape. As a 2005 car in good condition, it would be worth what? - £7k ish? Provided parts can be sourced (second hand bits should be available) and the chassis is 'bend-backable' (which it probably is) the job is do-able, but eating in to the value of the car making it touch and go for an 'economical' repair. I hope they fix it for you. It's a nice looking car (well most of it still is). If they decide to write off, you could do the same as MGJohn over at .org and get it fixed yourself (he took the insurance pay-out, bought the car back from them and fixed her up). Have a look.

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=197463

Again, it seems your OK (if a little P'd off) - that's the main thing.

All the best,

Gary.

georgiansoccer
19-08-07, 11:49 AM
yeah im fine it was a low speed crash. Just waiting on the insurance getting back to me.

Ive done that much to it i wouldnt want to let it go so i'll see what the insurance say

finchy
19-08-07, 11:49 AM
gutting mate wos it the other drivers fault?

georgiansoccer
19-08-07, 11:51 AM
well he was on the wrong side of the road passing parked cars. its quite a blind corner with cars parked on it

Smokey
19-08-07, 11:53 AM
dazultra2000 on.org had the same with his mk2 but got all the parts with a bit of too'ing and fro'ing so its possible

Boot Hill Bandit
19-08-07, 11:54 AM
hmmmmmm hopefully he isn't the sort to dispute the blame then and he will admit it was his fault........

Fingers crossed it all gets sorted out quickly buddy. Keep us informed of goings on mate so we can help where possible on the forum.

Jim

finchy
19-08-07, 12:01 PM
I Found A Full Mk2 Front End On Ebay Yesterday But Its Gone Now It Was On A Buy It Now So It Mite Not Be Soldmite Just Of Run Out Of Time. Hope You Get It Sorted

sduk
19-08-07, 03:50 PM
ah mate, im sorry to see that, its always a worry when youre out driving :( im glad you are ok, a car is only a car at the end of the day, but i hope you get it fixed/replaced and it is all ok for you.

Craig
19-08-07, 03:54 PM
thats terrible news mate, really hope you get it fixed as it was a lovely car

KevG
19-08-07, 04:05 PM
Gutted for you m8!

From what I can see is:

Bonnet
Wing
Headlight
Fog Light
Bumper
Bumper Re-inforcer
Grille
Lower Front crossmember (just next to the Rad fan controller)
Bodykit

interceptor
19-08-07, 05:11 PM
I'm really sorry to see this, i hope it can be repaired because it's such a nice car.

georgiansoccer
19-08-07, 06:14 PM
well its up to the insurance company now. I hope its not written off but i think its 50/50

should i take any parts out before the car gets collected for inspection?. Sat nav and heated seats spring to mind plus BMC

Z Scotland
19-08-07, 07:42 PM
Sorry to see this m8 hope all are well and you get sorted soon...:wavecry:

JIMZS180
19-08-07, 07:47 PM
Sorry to see another lovely MG get a kickin' glad you are ok and hope you get it back on the road again.

arwilson80
19-08-07, 07:52 PM
You must be absolutely gutted.... I know i would be.

If it was me i'd have everything out of it that i added. Especially if they are gonna write it off, but lets not think like that this early. :)

KevG
19-08-07, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't take the mods off, unless you haven't declared them, then I would!!

As for the mods that can be taken off that should be easy enough, but as for your heated seats just put a bit of black tape over the buttons!!

mrt_04
19-08-07, 09:04 PM
Mine was hit from behind last year. The total bill including car hire, parts & labour was 10k. Car was not written off, infact the bumper had very little damage, the insurance company & their valuer got involved!!! then everthing went pear shaped. So whatever you do, got hold of the valuer / surveyor and if you can liaise with him / her.

georgiansoccer
19-08-07, 09:14 PM
mods are all declared. Im just worried that if the car is written off i would have to pay to get the mods back

KevG
19-08-07, 09:49 PM
You shouldnt need to pay to get the mods back!!!, while your car is in a pound awaiting its fate, they you have all legal rights to your car until you hand over you documents/keys etc, things like filters and Alloys etc are easy enough to remove but removal of your heated seats will be a bit more tricky since insurance companies/salvage yards are a bit reluctant for you to do this. Find out from the insurance company first and then decide from there!

If the fate of your car does decide that it is written off, and your allowed to remove the heated seats etc, then I have 1st dibbs on it! :)

Smokey
19-08-07, 10:00 PM
lol this could become a list of who wants what! hopefully this wont happen as we need some ZS's in Fife!

Leasky
20-08-07, 10:13 AM
not so good mate chin up hope you are ok

Robstar
20-08-07, 12:10 PM
No way what a beautyfull car. Im sorry to hear about your crash mate but atleast no one is hurt. Hope you get it sorted.

If you need some help tracking parts let me know ill try my best to help.

Glen290
20-08-07, 05:59 PM
Sorry to read this thread, hope your ok and your zed gets sorted..

georgiansoccer
29-08-07, 05:59 PM
well im happy no-one is getting any parts as its getting fixed. Insurance company authorised the repairs :bow:

stamford
29-08-07, 06:02 PM
Excellent news! Great to see someone has sense to not allow another MG to leave the roads! How long will you be without it?

mrt_04
29-08-07, 06:12 PM
Top Man..............I was the same last year.............great news :beer2:

Smokey
29-08-07, 09:36 PM
Fantastic...we'll get that photoshoot soon then!!

grimmy
29-08-07, 10:01 PM
superb nice one hope ypu get it sorted soon

georgiansoccer
06-09-07, 05:30 PM
well i phoned the garage today hoping they might of been on the way to finish my car but they are still trying to get some parts and should phone at the end of next week to find out how they are getting on.

Was hoping they might almost be finished it :confused:

Smokey
06-09-07, 10:19 PM
chin up...atleast it will be fixed and back to normal soon!

mrt_04
07-09-07, 06:16 AM
Keep on at the garage & insurance company. Mine took 3 months to sort.
Ask for updates. I had to threaten people with court action, because they kept wanting their hire car back.............pain in the a*s*, when its not even your fault

georgiansoccer
07-09-07, 11:47 AM
well i have to phone them back end of next week. if they havent got all the parts by then im going to ask what parts they are having trouble finding. Its in the insurance companys interests to sort the car as the hire car is costing them about £100 a day according to the documents i got. I got an 07 plate VW passat and i have had it 2 weeks already

i didnt think there was a problem with the front end bits?

stamford
07-09-07, 12:10 PM
At least you have a decent loan car. The last time I had a car in for insurance work I got a bloody Micra!

One thing is that the garage carrying out the work must be on their approved list for your area, so they will have frequent visits to ensure they are up to scratch etc.

georgiansoccer
18-09-07, 05:49 PM
had an update on the car today. Repair centre have all parts apart from the radiator. They are still trying to source one so thats good news that they have got all the body pannels etc.

I didnt think there was a shortage of radiators?

shroonie29
18-09-07, 06:21 PM
Try here radiator (http://www.thepart.com/en/search/details.mhtml?id=21770199)

Says they have stock

Shroon

georgiansoccer
06-10-07, 12:52 PM
was supposed to get the car back yesterday but im getting it back on monday now. Reason being the garages air conditioning machine isnt working properly to add the gas to the system.

They have used a reconditioned radiator which is fine by me as i had a hole in it anyway from the nasty bmc box.

So fingers crossed its getting delivered to me on monday after my work

stamford
06-10-07, 01:42 PM
That's good news, so how long have you been ZSless? Will be strange getting in it again.

Nor
06-10-07, 02:08 PM
Just read this thread today. Glad you got it repaired. Will be great getting it back.

georgiansoccer
06-10-07, 03:30 PM
its been away getting repaired since 22nd august so its been a while

sduk
06-10-07, 04:05 PM
good news mate! im glad its gonna be sorted :D

georgiansoccer
09-10-07, 08:48 PM
got the car back today. They have made a pretty good job of the repair. Final cost was £4500. Been raining a bit today so not really been able to go over it with a fine toothcomb.

They even cable tied the induction kit cold air pipe too.
Just been fitting my new head unit to the car Becker cascade

mrt_04
09-10-07, 08:51 PM
Thats great news. Missed my ZS for a few months last year as well with repairs, really glad to get it back.

Make sure you do have a good ganders all round, because the insurnace company will want you to sign off the work (either verbally or by letter).

sduk
09-10-07, 09:03 PM
woohoo result mate! has it really been that long it was away for!?!?!? bet youre well chuffed!

i thnk you need to get some new pics, maybe some site stickers to match aswell :D

KevG
09-10-07, 09:19 PM
Thats excellent news, although £4,500 to repair that is pricey, what was the breakdown of the price?

georgiansoccer
09-10-07, 09:50 PM
parts £2619.47
Labour £724.50
Paint and materials £376.69

main parts were:

Air con condenser £615
Front pannel £330
Bonnet £294
Radiator £265
Bumper £192
Headlamps £130 x 2