PDA

View Full Version : chrysler 300cc opinions please

midcuk
01-05-09, 01:06 PM
have been thinking of one of these as my next car, anyone got any opinions on them? they seem to be a lot of car for the money compared to bmw/audi etc (which i am also looking at). am i right in thinking they are all automatic though?

quite fancy a black one with big chrome rims , oh and i bet the 5.7 hemi sounds lush

other cars im looking at
530d +
a4/s4 avant must be 200+ bhp but soo many models
cadillac cts

or do i persuade the missus to use the zs as a family car and get a 350z as i can get a cracking deal on a new one :)

opinions on any would be appreciated (btw got up to 20k to spend)

stevelou5
01-05-09, 01:27 PM
chrysler 300cc is totally I pimps car.....lol :-)

I like the Cadillac cts like, but really It has to be a 350z!!!!!!!!!
Get working on the missus..lol

TjP
01-05-09, 01:35 PM
If I had the money, from that list I'd get the S4. Superb car.

Personally I wouldnt buy an American car for use in the UK. Almost bought a Neon R/T as my first car then started hearing stories of how hard parts are to come by (at least in my area). So long as you have a dealer close by though I guess it wouldnt be a problem.

But yeah, defo the Audi for me.

mikesezgreen
01-05-09, 01:50 PM
Think the 300C is a totally nice car, but you want to watch what happens in the next few weeks as Chrysler have called in the administrators and are on their way under...may mean a few bargains lying around as a result.

Saabs are underestimated IMO - you may be able to find a 2.8 V6 turbo X4 for less than £20k now. My uncle bought an older 9-3 without the 4 wheel drive - before they increased the power. It runs about 250 hp std but after taking it ti Hirsch, it's now running 280 - 300hp and F*****g shifts!! i think you can get nigh on 320hp out of the new one with 4 wheel drive, plus look quite sweet also.

stevelou5
01-05-09, 01:53 PM
If insurance isn't too much of an issue £20k will get a nice evo :-)

stamford
01-05-09, 02:03 PM
Mustang GT ;)

midcuk
01-05-09, 02:31 PM
hmm actually should of put the saab up as well i do like them especially the estates.

evo would be a choice in my heart but the short service intervals put me of a little as i do lots of miles

insurance group aint a problem as im old now :)

arwilson80
01-05-09, 02:41 PM
Mustang GT ;)

+1

Chrysler 300 with the 4.8 Hemi... My 'parents' (GF's to be technically correct :)) drove one and they said it was superb. Shifts like the proverbial 'Sh1t off a hot shovel'. Do they have 'European sports suspension'? If not then you are generally talking about having a car with leaf springs...:unsure:

And they probably will be 'Auto' rather than 'Stick'

weagie
01-05-09, 04:03 PM
I think the estate version of the 300c is far better looking than the saloon. Tho a Mustang GT, hell yeah!!!!

mattie007
01-05-09, 05:04 PM
Dodge Magnum if you can get them here!

Southside_ZS
01-05-09, 05:35 PM
Arnt Saab in the s**t aswell?

afcbadam
01-05-09, 06:43 PM
personally i hate the 300c. lol

a audi rs4 sounds nice....

Dan1971
01-05-09, 07:32 PM
I love them. Huge presence on the road. Big value ... Wouldn't buy one for the driving experience, but .... like I say ... I really like them.

edmo
01-05-09, 09:47 PM
probably gonna get laughed at for this but why not get a lancer. better servicing than the evo and way better insurance. was going to get one myself but finance company laughed at me lol.

mikesezgreen
02-05-09, 10:22 AM
Arnt Saab in the s**t aswell?

Oh **** eye :sad: forgot that...

I do think i prefer the Saab's though, although the 300C does have a greater road presence.

The 9-3 though, once it's been tuned - is well nice, and seriously quick.

Could be really chavvy and go for as vectra VXR...:hmmm::sorry:

Dan1971
02-05-09, 10:28 AM
Ooops...

Just read the OP properly .....

Option of a 350Z and keep the ZS as a family car.

That's not a reasonable question ...... some questions have several answers.

Simple ... Get down the Nissan showroom !!!! NOW !!!!

LozMachine
02-05-09, 08:39 PM

Here ya go fella
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1000245.htm

Ya can spend the £500 change taking it out and ragging its nuts off :w00t:

grimmy
02-05-09, 10:57 PM
Here ya go fella
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1000245.htm

Ya can spend the £500 change taking it out and ragging its nuts off :w00t:

seriously if i had that cash to play with i would be outside the door of that place in a shot

talkingcars
03-05-09, 08:36 AM
We saw one the other day, looked like a mafia staff car complete in black with blacked out windows..........

registration - MA57ER L

mattie007
03-05-09, 05:52 PM
Id have the Holden though, just to be different!

StragglaSteve
05-05-09, 07:58 AM
have been thinking of one of these as my next car, anyone got any opinions on them? they seem to be a lot of car for the money compared to bmw/audi etc (which i am also looking at). am i right in thinking they are all automatic though?

quite fancy a black one with big chrome rims , oh and i bet the 5.7 hemi sounds lush

other cars im looking at
530d +
a4/s4 avant must be 200+ bhp but soo many models
cadillac cts

or do i persuade the missus to use the zs as a family car and get a 350z as i can get a cracking deal on a new one :)

Crysler 300c... its all about the look!

If you wanna look like the pimp daddy, get that crysler!

if you wanna look like a souless sheep, get an audi ;) :chop:

midcuk
05-05-09, 08:45 AM
Crysler 300c... its all about the look!

If you wanna look like the pimp daddy, get that crysler!

if you wanna look like a souless sheep, get an audi ;) :chop:

kind of the idea :) spend most of the time in rush hour traffic so cant floor it anywhere hence the pimp look would be cool , would love an rs4 but cant afford a new enough one (likewise holden etc), do like the saabs mind

hmm choices choices. good job got a few months to think about it

StragglaSteve
05-05-09, 10:28 AM
I do think with the Crysler, you will be in the same boat as the MG with regards to...

build quality...
parts...

But i trust being an MG owner that you know a car is all about the massive grin on your face! :smart:

midcuk
05-05-09, 10:55 AM
I do think with the Crysler, you will be in the same boat as the MG with regards to...

build quality...
parts...

But i trust being an MG owner that you know a car is all about the massive grin on your face! :smart:

good point i own a quirky car anyway tbh i like something a little different from the mainstream

StragglaSteve
05-05-09, 11:55 AM
good point i own a quirky car anyway tbh i like something a little different from the mainstream

good man! :beer: