PDA

View Full Version : it won't budge...

starfire039
03-05-09, 08:36 PM
Trying to get the rear plastic covers off the front seats to replace the seat covers with a nice spanking set i got from EMS. Haynes says "unclip them", but doesn't give any more detail how, i've given them a good old pull to the point it's breaking them, is there a knack to this, has anyone done this before? do i need to push it in a certain way??

Steve

afcbadam
03-05-09, 08:43 PM
1 thing i know about them is i can never get them clean. as much as i wipe and polish them they always look dirty.

have you tryed prising them with a screwdriver. are the clips attached to the seat backs or the seat its self?

skyblueads
03-05-09, 08:54 PM
When I put airbags in my seats I pulled them up from the bottom and they just come off. You have to pull VERY hard, right to the point of them snapping almost, and then they'll come off. It takes BF&I mate, I'm afraid!

starfire039
03-05-09, 09:44 PM
1 thing i know about them is i can never get them clean. as much as i wipe and polish them they always look dirty.

have you tryed prising them with a screwdriver. are the clips attached to the seat backs or the seat its self?

can't see, I think the clips are attached to the seat backs, I just don't know!! and yes, they always look dirty :thumbsdown:

When I put airbags in my seats I pulled them up from the bottom and they just come off. You have to pull VERY hard, right to the point of them snapping almost, and then they'll come off. It takes BF&I mate, I'm afraid!

So pulling them up may be the answer... well I'll give it a whirl! Fingers crossed! Will find out if I have to get new seat backs from the scrappy or not tommorow!!!!

skyblueads
03-05-09, 09:49 PM
It takes a lot of grunt mate, but they will pop off, My guess is they're put on by machine or summat!

starfire039
04-05-09, 09:21 PM
got em off earlier today!! :thumbsup:

cheers