PDA

View Full Version : My New Car

staccato
04-05-09, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone. Some of you may know already that I've sold my ZS and have put down a deposit on a Vectra VXR. I collect it this coming Saturday.

I bought the car blind after trusting the salesman's opinion of the condition of the car, and luckily it paid off.

It's a 2007 '56' reg with 10k on the clock. It has 4 brand new tyres, full service history, 1 year warranty, tracker, full electric leather recaro seats, xenon headlights, sat nav, pearlescent paint and best of all it's the newer 280bhp version. I even managed to buy it with no deposit or part exchange and I asked for 6 months road tax and got that too.

All for £10,999

The car is in it's dirtiest state in the photos as the owner only dropped it off in part exchange 2 hours before we turned up at the dealership in Birmingham. The dealer was excellent. He just put some dealer plates on the car then let me and my girlfriend take it out on our own for half hour!

I hate the alloys but I've already ordered some vxr replica BK999's with toyo tyres.

First thing I'll be doing is washing it and removing the swirl marks from the bonnet, plus giving the leather a damn good clean. I'll add a vxr badge to the front grille and remove the vectra badge from the rear. I'll see how it goes standard for a month or two then think about a remap.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/bcf3/DSC00024-1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/bcf3/DSC00026-1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/bcf3/DSC00023.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/bcf3/DSC00025.jpg

stamford
04-05-09, 09:06 AM
Not bad at all, that should shift.

staccato
04-05-09, 09:11 AM
Not bad at all, that should shift.

yeah it does! Very twitchy full throttle in sport mode. Hopefully the remap will tweak the aggressiveness a bit.

arwilson80
04-05-09, 09:36 AM
I love them in silver... sound good too.

rbull51
04-05-09, 10:10 AM
Whats wrong with the alloys?? They look spot on!

staccato
04-05-09, 10:12 AM
Whats wrong with the alloys?? They look spot on!

I personally think that from the side they look lmore like SRI than VXR wheels

afcbadam
04-05-09, 10:32 AM
lovley car. go like stink, just a shame they handle like a boat. lol

staccato
04-05-09, 11:13 AM

should be ok for the road. Never touch track days so all should be ok

afcbadam
04-05-09, 11:24 AM
they are great on the road, every car is. just not so good on a track, but it wasnt designed for that so it doesnt matter.

Southside_ZS
04-05-09, 11:39 AM
Colmore Suzuki on the Chester road just up from the Tyburn island? Im suprised they sold it you so cheap. Some of the cars i've seen them trying to sell have been way overpriced like an R plate MGF a few months back for £3.5k :O

Looks good anyway mate . Like the VXR's in that colour.

staccato
04-05-09, 11:49 AM
Colmore Suzuki on the Chester road just up from the Tyburn island? Im suprised they sold it you so cheap. Some of the cars i've seen them trying to sell have been way overpriced like an R plate MGF a few months back for £3.5k :O

Looks good anyway mate . Like the VXR's in that colour.

That's why I risked buying it blind. Brand new with the options its got on it the car was worth £27,000.

Even the glass' guide suggests a resale value of 11,400 before all the sat nav and leather seats etc so 10,999 was very cheap

stamford
04-05-09, 12:35 PM
That's alot of car for little money, a good buy.

Phate
04-05-09, 01:49 PM

Have you been in one? They certainly don't handle like a boat.

Ok not on par with a Zed but I would be happy if I had one of those to thrash around the lanes in.

afcbadam
04-05-09, 02:20 PM
yep a friend has one. its crap at fast corners. understears something rotton.

once saw one on top gear and they had the same problem. the astra vxr has the same problem

ZS180V6
04-05-09, 02:23 PM
I like the vectra VXR nice cars.

I have a vec 1.9 cdti 150 and it is by no means slow.

What are you doing with the wheels when you replace them ?

I would be intersted in them for my vec let me know (PM)...

staccato
04-05-09, 04:34 PM
I like the vectra VXR nice cars.

I have a vec 1.9 cdti 150 and it is by no means slow.

What are you doing with the wheels when you replace them ?

I would be intersted in them for my vec let me know (PM)...

selling them on ebay so I'll pm you first

staccato
04-05-09, 04:35 PM
yep a friend has one. its crap at fast corners. understears something rotton.

once saw one on top gear and they had the same problem. the astra vxr has the same problem

have you driven them?

Clarkson had all driver aids turned off and had the old 255bhp model.

The 280bhp model had very expensive suspension and chassis upgrades

vinny1979
04-05-09, 06:00 PM
i like it, not my next car but a nice car, not in the league as my zs ;)

Yampiedog
04-05-09, 06:23 PM
I keep looking at these as they are a lot of car for the money and surely capable of a lot more power for not too much money compared to upping the ZS power.

staccato
04-05-09, 06:29 PM
I keep looking at these as they are a lot of car for the money and surely capable of a lot more power for not too much money compared to upping the ZS power.

yep. A 550 quid remap sees 305bhp and much improved power delivery. £1700 sees a whole stainless exhaust system, remap, ngk iridium spark plugs and a k&n panel filter and that's about 330bhp

TjP
04-05-09, 06:44 PM
Good looking car from most angles, but IMO (and no offence here, just my opinnion on all cars) unless you have a chassis capable of putting the power down effectively then having ~330bhp is a bit overkill.

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to have a V6 Turbo, but the handling has to be top notch too, for me.

For the price though I think you got a bargain :)

Yampiedog
04-05-09, 06:45 PM
Is it single or twin turbo? I would have thought for a similar outlay you could upgrade the tubs and remap it and get 350 bhp.
For less about two grand I upgraded the tubs and chip on my Nissan 300ZX and increased the boost pressure and I think I was looking at 350 bhp conservatively.

staccato
04-05-09, 06:59 PM
Is it single or twin turbo? I would have thought for a similar outlay you could upgrade the tubs and remap it and get 350 bhp.
For less about two grand I upgraded the tubs and chip on my Nissan 300ZX and increased the boost pressure and I think I was looking at 350 bhp conservatively.

single turbo, and agreed i'd never look at 330 bhp in the vectra

starfire039
04-05-09, 07:51 PM
nice motor mate

staccato
05-05-09, 05:22 PM
can anyone on here do a photoshop of my car with gloss black alloys and slightly lowered?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/bcf3/DSC00023.jpg

staccato
08-05-09, 06:27 PM
Well guess what happened to me today....

All week I've been counting down the days, hours and minutes to picking up my vectra vxr tomorrow and I got a call from the dealership today saying I can't have it til next weekend.

Apparently the car has finance attached to it already, and although it's been paid off as part of the previous owner's part exchange deal the suzuki finance people want to see a piece of paper as proof that the finance is completely clear. The dealership need to attached this 'proof' to the finance documents I went to sign last saturday and it's not turned up yet and isn't allowed to be faxed.

To rub salt into the wounds my new VXR badge, number plates, wiper blades and insurance certificate all turned up today too.

So this is going to be the longest week of my life..........again

stamford
08-05-09, 06:37 PM
That's a bummer..............just as you get all juiced up as well!

afcbadam
08-05-09, 07:08 PM
have you driven them?

Clarkson had all driver aids turned off and had the old 255bhp model.

The 280bhp model had very expensive suspension and chassis upgrades

not driven it. just been taken for a few scary rides in it! as far as im aware its the 280bhp car. its on an 06 plate???

Nor
08-05-09, 07:27 PM
Bummer. Nothing seems as long as the wait for a new car, especially if it's a good one.

Fudgepacker
08-05-09, 08:22 PM

was going to say its long as a boat i love them just looks like its not far of a limo

doncaster blues
08-05-09, 10:16 PM
I had a 52 plate vectra - not quite the VXR model mind and felt it was far too big and cumbersome for it's own good. Had a 2001 'old shaper' estate before that with the 2.2 147bhp petrol engine in it and it drove like a dream and was far better on both country roads and the motorway too. Had some real fun with that I can tell you.

I'm sure with the extra horsepower the VXR has you should have some fun, one thing I did like about that version of the vectra was the cabin which was solid and looked pretty cool. Enjoy

mattie007
09-05-09, 09:43 AM
I love big, fast saloons. Very nice car you have!