PDA

View Full Version : VIS Indicator Kit........

R1CSO
07-05-09, 09:49 AM
what do they do, where dooes it go (pics please if anyone has one) and where can i get one from :sleep: (they sound like fun)?

Cheers

stamford
07-05-09, 10:14 AM
They are a bank of four leds in two colours, mostly fitted into the spare blanking plate on the dashboard under the binacle. They are a visual monitor for both power and balance vis motors in order to keep an eye on their functionality during use. Leds light up for when the motor driven cams are on and off the micro switches.

KevG was doing kits, not sure if he is doing anymore due to the time and cost. Sheddist over on xpowerforums has a 'how to' if you wish to do your own.

Here's a diagram:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/VISDiagram.jpg

I made mine using veroboard:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/DSC05421.jpg

Maxxed_Ross
07-05-09, 10:20 AM
a very handy thing to have. My vis went after fitting one of Kev's kits so I knew exactly what was going on

KevG
07-05-09, 01:00 PM
I still do them, but I have a limited amount of bits to make them, also it will take more than a couple of weeks to make one.

ZS
07-05-09, 02:38 PM
a very handy thing to have. My vis went after fitting one of Kev's kits so I knew exactly what was going on

I hope it didn't go because you fitted the kit ;) lol (joke!):shoot2:

KevG
07-05-09, 09:49 PM
I hope it didn't go because you fitted the kit ;) lol (joke!):shoot2:

Oi!:chair:

Maxxed_Ross
08-05-09, 08:44 AM
lol no it had gone in the past and did the same thing again

Spannermonkey
22-09-09, 03:52 PM
Hi Kev,
WHEN you have time, would REALLY like one of those, just tell me how much, and I'll gladly oblige!!

Mike.

Phate
22-09-09, 05:01 PM
I REALLY want one of these...tempted to have a crack at a DIY jobby...problem is I think if you balls it up its bye bye ECU :(

Spannermonkey
23-09-09, 08:31 AM
You is totally correct, phate.............asked an ex-Rover tech the other day, and he told me NOT to attach anything to them unless you know what you are doing, due to resistance read back from the Vis by the ECU.

Mike.

think I'll take the easy option and buy a ready made one if its available...........

stamford
23-09-09, 12:07 PM
If you follow the instructions to the letter you cannot go wrong unless you are a right bellend! I'm no expert with pcb's and components but got it built, installed and working first time.

Ritchy
23-09-09, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=stamford;121389]you cannot go wrong unless you are a right bellend! QUOTE]

lol!