PDA

View Full Version : My Mk1 120

BRG_ZS
09-05-09, 08:17 AM
Hey guys just bought this and Love it got loads of plans for it and all ideas are more than welcome you guysa have done sterling jobs on yours :yes:

Glen290
09-05-09, 08:25 AM
Looks nice, great colour, what you got planned for it ?

stamford
09-05-09, 08:53 AM
Mine's work in progress..............gradual so I don't get caught out! ;)

Looks tidy from the pics, you pleased with it?

Jay-ZS+
09-05-09, 09:11 AM
looks nice so come on then whats planned??!

Maxfly
09-05-09, 11:10 AM
very nice, have a look in parts for sale etc, see if anyone is gettin rid of stuff you want and can get cheaper instead of paying for new:)

Nice poll by the way:D

BRG_ZS
09-05-09, 01:15 PM
Right well I want the OEM look so i have to get my grubby little hands on a 180 kit I also need to do the fogs which i heard is a bit of a pain in the arse have to re-program dont know if this is right i'm sure one of you guys will know the answer to that not sure about changing the rear spoiler i kinda like that one although it looks a bit 'Rover' Oh i also need to change the wheels will be putting straights on it think i'll have them white too!! Has anyone got tints on there ZS?? Does it suit the car? any suggestions are more than welcome cheers guys

TjP
09-05-09, 02:42 PM
Car looks good :)

White wheels should look very tidy against the green.

(Oh, and the poll made me LOL! :D)

BRG_ZS
09-05-09, 03:47 PM
Haha thats poll is daft!!

Right well it's decided the wheels will be white i'll paint the stock ones for the time being til i get some more £££ does anyone know how to get rid of that silly orange on the indicators is it hard work?? and does it seal properly when you put them back together or shall i just get a set of 45's?

RudeDogg1
09-05-09, 04:08 PM
Right well I want the OEM look so i have to get my grubby little hands on a 180 kit I also need to do the fogs which i heard is a bit of a pain in the arse have to re-program dont know if this is right i'm sure one of you guys will know the answer to that not sure about changing the rear spoiler i kinda like that one although it looks a bit 'Rover' Oh i also need to change the wheels will be putting straights on it think i'll have them white too!! Has anyone got tints on there ZS?? Does it suit the car? any suggestions are more than welcome cheers guys

OEM 120's didnt have the 180 kit old boy :p nit picking i know lol

BRG_ZS
09-05-09, 04:18 PM
OEM 120's didnt have the 180 kit old boy :p nit picking i know lol

Haha now that is nit picking I want the factory look was more what i'm getting at might even tick a mk2 grill on! i don't even have skirts on mine!:laugh:

RudeDogg1
09-05-09, 04:54 PM
lol factory look is OEM the 180 kit was an optional extra as are the fogs all of which can prove tricky to get hold of. Ralph from ems on here might b able to help with the fogs. You need the light units, brackets, rubber seals, relay and switch

afcbadam
09-05-09, 05:16 PM
fogs are ok to get hold of. there are loads of zs's been broken at the mo on ebay

BRG_ZS
09-05-09, 05:17 PM
I know OEM and factory are the same was tryna explain what i meant..what are your feelings on the extreme spoiler just thinking everyone has them!

Jay-ZS+
09-05-09, 05:37 PM
Belive you have the hatch extreme spoiler. If you mean the saloon version then you will have lots of fun trying to fit one on the hatch!! lol

ZS Phil
09-05-09, 05:37 PM
looks nice, white wheels will look good. It looks like le mans green in the pics rather than BRG, I had a ZR in exactly the same colour with white straights and looked stunning even if i say so myself :P

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/zsphil/MG%20ZR/Photo0026.jpg
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/zsphil/MG%20ZR/Photo0025.jpg

BRG_ZS
09-05-09, 05:49 PM
Oh my god I love that look... wasn't expecting it to go that well! big smiles here mate mine is exactly the same colour didnt know it was called le mans thanks for the info oh and if ya dont mind how much should i be looking at for powdercoating?

BRG_ZS
09-05-09, 05:51 PM
Jay i'm wondering about the hatch one i think it's called extreme it's a bit bigger than the one on mine!!

Jay-ZS+
09-05-09, 06:07 PM
like this one?
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/New%20ZS/DSCN6052-1.jpg

BRG_ZS
09-05-09, 06:29 PM
Yup thats the one is it the same drill holes as the one i've got on at the moment? It's kinda put me off it looking at that one now though maybe it's coz of the 16" wheels would prob look better when i put some 17" straights on??

Jay-ZS+
09-05-09, 06:32 PM
lol yer they didnt last long car has changed abit since that pic. Believe that they will be the same holes.

RudeDogg1
09-05-09, 06:57 PM
thats not the extreem spoiler thats the mid sized one or is the extreem 1 just not as big as the 1 for saloon?

ZS Phil
09-05-09, 07:05 PM
Oh my god I love that look... wasn't expecting it to go that well! big smiles here mate mine is exactly the same colour didnt know it was called le mans thanks for the info oh and if ya dont mind how much should i be looking at for powdercoating?

No worries :). For powder coating you are looking between £200 and £250 depending on where you go. I did those myself though with rattle cand from halfords. Takes lots of paint if you do it properly with several coats but the job lot cost no more than £40 (plus 4 days work and blisters from rubbing out the curb marks :D)

ZS Phil
09-05-09, 07:06 PM
*cans not cand lol

stamford
09-05-09, 07:07 PM
That looks to be the 180 hatch spoiler, so extreme for that fit. White wheel are nice, but a ****** to keep clean!

Interesting Le Mans green ZR there, shall have to get Gina to look at it, she has crossed a green one off her list! She is after my white straights too!

ZS Phil
09-05-09, 07:17 PM
to clear up any confusion about the spoiler. The mk1 hatch came standard with the extreme spoiler and the "low level" spoiler was an option. This applied to all models be it the 180, the 120 or the diesel.
Low level spoiler:
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/zsphil/ZS%201/DSC00156.jpg

Extreme spoiler:
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/zsphil/ZS%202/Photo0247.jpg

ZS Phil
09-05-09, 07:24 PM
That looks to be the 180 hatch spoiler, so extreme for that fit. White wheel are nice, but a ****** to keep clean!

Interesting Le Mans green ZR there, shall have to get Gina to look at it, she has crossed a green one off her list! She is after my white straights too!

lol cheers, yeh your right they were a bitch to keep clean! Is Gina your wife by any chance? I ask that because when I put the ZR up for sale I remember you saying you would see if your wife liked it or something along those lines. The ad is probably still on this site somewhere...

afcbadam
09-05-09, 07:29 PM
i had a brg zs mick before the red one. i like the colour a lot, always came up ver well

afcbadam
09-05-09, 07:32 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/i769u9.jpg

afcbadam
09-05-09, 07:35 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2s1m2yt.jpg

stamford
09-05-09, 07:47 PM
lol cheers, yeh your right they were a bitch to keep clean! Is Gina your wife by any chance? I ask that because when I put the ZR up for sale I remember you saying you would see if your wife liked it or something along those lines. The ad is probably still on this site somewhere...

Gina is my middle daughter ;)

Jay-ZS+
09-05-09, 08:11 PM

Oh yes ;) lol
Thought the straights were for track you having your arm twisted mick?!!!

Yer my rover was brg was a lovely colour but trophy blue is much better.

BRG_ZS
09-05-09, 08:49 PM
Ok think i'm gonna stick with the low level thanks for the advice aout painting the wheels will pait mie next week weather permitting and get them re-balanced..

What are your opinions on light tints all-round??

ZS Phil
10-05-09, 08:57 AM

my bad :oops: I guess she is after a ZR then?

afcbadam
10-05-09, 09:49 AM
yep thats correct phil

StragglaSteve
12-05-09, 02:50 PM
i got the mk1 180 kit in the garage... front bib and side skirts for a saloon... not sure if those side skirts will fit the hatch though?

The front bib is un-painted and the skirts are currently red... was gonna fit em to my le mans green zs 120+ saloon buuuuut i took a shine to the komodo kit! so maybe you'd like em for whatever i paid for em?

will go dig out the receipt! i dont recall them costing much!

afcbadam
12-05-09, 03:51 PM
the skirts will fit. the difference between the hatch and saloon starts after the rear wheels

BRG_ZS
12-05-09, 05:26 PM
nice one steve pm me with aa price when ya get a chance mate :-)

StragglaSteve
12-05-09, 06:08 PM
pm sent!