PDA

View Full Version : New re-map

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 05:14 PM
Just had me motor re-mapped with the boys at Chipped UK and it came out as 211bhp at the fly. First rr'd at 197bhp so a 14 bhp increase.Not too bad and well happy with the pull in 5th gear from 70mph:mbounce:.Surprised at the initial bhp figure as when had it done in germany it was 203ps. Oh well nevermind it's all good.Car drives like it should of from first exiting the factory.

alba15031
20-08-07, 05:17 PM
thats a good gain you got there what sort of price did they charge for that.

Boot Hill Bandit
20-08-07, 05:38 PM
That is very impressive bud! Feel free to lend me your car at anytime LMFAO! :rofl:

Looking forward to seeing you at the Kent Meet bud you have probably one of the most sorted cars there!

Jim

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 05:53 PM
thats a good gain you got there what sort of price did they charge for that.
£297.00 for the re-map and £50.00 for the rr'd time.Not bad i suppose and the guys up there seem to know what thier doing with a laptop.Nice new workshop and new rollers as well.

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 05:57 PM
That is very impressive bud! Feel free to lend me your car at anytime LMFAO! :rofl:

Looking forward to seeing you at the Kent Meet bud you have probably one of the most sorted cars there!

Jim
Cheers Jim and yeah am looking 4ward to seeing everyone on friday aswell.The weather looks like it's going to be nice so i'll make sure the car has a good wash and wax ready 4 all the photos we're gonna take.(and make sure i dont go too mad down the M2 on the way there.Flies etc)lol.:rofl:

Boot Hill Bandit
20-08-07, 06:02 PM
Yep this could be our best meet yet...........fingers crossed for some nice weather to make the evening perfect.

If we could all try and get to the meet as promptly as possible the opportunities of good daylight with the photoshoot will make things easier. I may add this into our Kent Meet section in a moment as nighttime is now 9pm or earlier!

Jim

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 06:05 PM
Yep this could be our best meet yet...........fingers crossed for some nice weather to make the evening perfect.

If we could all try and get to the meet as promptly as possible the opportunities of good daylight with the photoshoot will make things easier. I may add this into our Kent Meet section in a moment as nighttime is now 9pm or earlier!

Jim
Yeah i totally agree.I'll be there in plenty of time as me partner is working.How many MG's are we expecting?

stamford
20-08-07, 06:16 PM
Impressive results there!

Boot Hill Bandit
20-08-07, 06:41 PM
Yeah i totally agree.I'll be there in plenty of time as me partner is working.How many MG's are we expecting?

Well if we get the turn out what I am expecting then we should be looking at approx 7 or 8 MGZS's approx 3 or 4 25/ZR's at least 2 MGF/TF's and who knows whether we have any 75's/ZT's to come along as well??.........plus a Montego of course.

I am anticipating a strong turn out and looking forward to it!

Jim

alba15031
20-08-07, 07:29 PM
That is a good price will have to have the number off you so i can give them a call i will be at the meet this fri . your Zs must be one of the most tunned ones apart from the supercharged one.

Boot Hill Bandit
20-08-07, 07:32 PM
There are quite a few modded ZS' kicking about in terms of performance and luxury and I would say Murray's is certainly a better one.

Jim

alba15031
20-08-07, 07:38 PM
yeah i know i wish i had the money to gat the cams done

lewerty
20-08-07, 07:43 PM
never had mine RR since i had the cams, u got manifolds on ur car???

alba15031
20-08-07, 07:46 PM
Yeah i have manis and ITG have made a big difference.

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 08:22 PM
That is a good price will have to have the number off you so i can give them a call i will be at the meet this fri . your Zs must be one of the most tunned ones apart from the supercharged one.
i think as jim said in the other post there are quite a few zs's around with pretty much the engine work i've had done although a lot seem to have standard suspension.I think i mentioned this on another post somewhere else ,that a lot has to be said for a fairly hard set up.it makes such a difference on gear changes and initial pull off in gears.There's just no sag and loss of power.I suppose its how comfortable you want to be at the end of the day.Also in retrospect i think i would have gone for the higher profile race cams and risked the driveability issues as they produce much better power figures.

Leasky
20-08-07, 08:42 PM
nice one i was looking at them to chip my golf gti turbo last year

lewerty
20-08-07, 08:43 PM
take it u got the 270cams, the others were the 285's i think, if u got those u would of had to have changed the fueling

Leasky
20-08-07, 08:47 PM
you change the fueling with any mods when doing a remap not just when cams are fitted

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 08:50 PM
take it u got the 270cams, the others were the 285's i think, if u got those u would of had to have changed the fueling
Yeah just the 270's.Trinity motors said they could do the higher lift cams with a piggy back ecu or a different stand alone ecu.Power gains were looking to be around the 35-40 bhp figure.Much better for just spending a little more on the kit.

lewerty
20-08-07, 08:55 PM
u would still have to change the fueling thou wouldnt u ??

lewerty
20-08-07, 08:56 PM
you change the fueling with any mods when doing a remap not just when cams are fitted

i know should have said bigger fuel pump etc coz the engine would starve

Dave ZS-X
20-08-07, 09:02 PM
impressive gain from a re map ,any chance of seeing the before and after graphs?

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 09:08 PM
i know should have said bigger fuel pump etc coz the engine would starve
Trinity Mtrs reckoned the car could handle it.just seemed to think it needed wider parameters for the air/fuelling etc which the other ecu's would provide, but i'm far from a techy and only going by what they suggested.

alba15031
20-08-07, 09:10 PM
how comes you did not go the little bit extra your self then and have the bigger cams put in. what sort of price are we talking about to have cams done got to be near the 2 grand mark aint it.

lewerty
20-08-07, 09:14 PM
about 500quid for the cams and pullies and same for fittin

alba15031
20-08-07, 09:20 PM
oh right that aint as bad as i thought it would be. I can see me having this done sometime in the near future .

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 09:22 PM
impressive gain from a re map ,any chance of seeing the before and after graphs?
unfortunately the tech guy didn't give me one and i didn't think to ask.The guy showed me the power figure on the printout but was in such a rush to blast it back down the M42 forgot to ask him for it when i left.these were the runs:
1st - 187bhp(i had a problem with the lamda sensor
on my decat pipe)
2nd - 197bhp(problem sorted and erased)
3rd - 211bhp(re-mapped)
4th - Tried to advance the timing by 2deg for more
power but the car wasn't having any of it.

Actually now you mention it i'm going to ring em and get him to send it in the post.

alba15031
20-08-07, 09:26 PM
thats impressive figures you are getting there

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 09:28 PM
how comes you did not go the little bit extra your self then and have the bigger cams put in. what sort of price are we talking about to have cams done got to be near the 2 grand mark aint it.
Depends where you go to have it done(labour costs)but mine was about £1250.00 for the camshafts, pullies,fitting and a unichip piggyback ecu(which ended up doing squat).Have still got that ecu actually.Didn't decide to go with the high profile cams as i do to many miles tavelling to and from Germany and couldn't risk the possibility of any running issues.If had i lived and travelled close to home i would have gone for the other cams.

alba15031
20-08-07, 09:34 PM
Oh right i see in a thread earlier you said i should invest in an oil catch tank i would but i aint got a clue how to fit it. I think i may have a problem with one of my valves (i dont know if its in my mind) but the car feels sometimes as if its sluggish then there is a kick of power then it will be sluggish like something is stuck or stiff.

lewerty
20-08-07, 09:36 PM
where about u from alba?? i got a program on my laptop that can pick up ecu faults

alba15031
20-08-07, 09:42 PM
oh have you im from kent i will be at the meet on friday

Boot Hill Bandit
20-08-07, 09:46 PM
Lets face it guys............who ISN'T going to the Kent Meet?!?! LMFAO! If you don't come youre not cool (Pointing at Stamford! :rofl: )

Jim

lewerty
cool ill bring my laptop with me m8

lewerty
Lets face it guys............who ISN'T going to the Kent Meet?!?! LMFAO! If you don't come youre not cool (Pointing at Stamford! :rofl: )

Jim

ouch drinks on u thou aint they??

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 09:47 PM
Oh right i see in a thread earlier you said i should invest in an oil catch tank i would but i aint got a clue how to fit it. I think i may have a problem with one of my valves (i dont know if its in my mind) but the car feels sometimes as if its sluggish then there is a kick of power then it will be sluggish like something is stuck or stiff.
Yeah this is a power valve problem i.e Vis valve as oppossed to butterfly valve i think.The car should start pulling from about 2500rpm and really pull from 3000rpm.When the valve isn't working at all you don't get any power till around 4000rpm when the cams start coming in to thier own.when the valve is on its way out you get your problem which is ruddy annoying.i feel your pain brother.i resorted to taking mine apart and repairing/cleaning them.Quite easy.

Boot Hill Bandit
20-08-07, 09:49 PM
ouch drinks on u thou aint they??

Thats a point..............well yes they are.........I want the favour returned of course at another meet!

Jim

lewerty
20-08-07, 09:50 PM
well of course :)

alba15031
20-08-07, 09:51 PM
Cheers lewerty will this tell me if i have a vis valve problem.

i might have to follow that how to guide on XPF for the vis valve see if that makes any difference. I may just be getting paranoid

lewerty
20-08-07, 09:54 PM
u may just be getting used to the car and not think its fast n e more the vis valves get stuck which is the problem when plugging the laptop in if they are not sticking it wont find the fault may have to drive it while its plugged in,

alba15031
20-08-07, 09:58 PM
Yeah it does feel like something sticking rather then anything else. Or it could be that i am getting used to the car thats true lol

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 10:08 PM
I almost guarentee that its the vis valve sticking in either the open or closed position from all the crap that has aqumilated on and in it.

alba15031
20-08-07, 10:10 PM
if and when i get it fixed will i notice a bid difference .

Murray203ps
20-08-07, 10:15 PM
Yes definately!Thats all bearing in mind it is what i reckon.Will need to have a quick shifty in it on friday to be sure,will be able to tell right away.

alba15031
20-08-07, 10:17 PM
yeah that would be good any help will be much appreciated

KevG
20-08-07, 11:07 PM
Aaron, Looks likeyou have the power VIS problem as Murray203PS said, most likely cause will be a dry or cracked solder joint inside of the motor, will need a soldering iron some solder a cloth, a wet sponge, a small thimble full of grease and your away again. It is most unlikely that any diagnostic software apart from MGR Diagnostics (even then it sometimes doesn't pick it up!!!) will pick up a dodgy VIS problem.

DeMoNPauL
20-08-07, 11:27 PM
Kev My obd2 set up has picked vis problems up on 3 cars including my own.

Leasky
20-08-07, 11:30 PM
Yes definately!Thats all bearing in mind it is what i reckon.Will need to have a quick shifty in it on friday to be sure,will be able to tell right away.

i aint gona be there on fri so i can have anyone cheack mine lol so how can i take a quick look and find out if i have the same problem? without hte use of vis lights?

stamford
21-08-07, 07:24 AM

Jim

I might just turn up to get that free drink! :yes:

Me! not cool! :wavecry: I would get angry, but you scare me Jim, what with your chav busting fighting talk and all that! :tease:

KevG
21-08-07, 07:26 AM
Kev My obd2 set up has picked vis problems up on 3 cars including my own.

I stand corrected!!!!:hmm:

KevG
21-08-07, 07:27 AM
i aint gona be there on fri so i can have anyone cheack mine lol so how can i take a quick look and find out if i have the same problem? without hte use of vis lights?

You going to Knockhill on Sunday?, if so, then I'll bring my laptop and plug it into your car.