PDA

View Full Version : no oil pressure warning light help

Smokie
16-05-09, 03:37 PM
Hi all, just new to the forum and have just bought myself a MK1 ZS 180 Saloon on an 2002plate. for some reason the oil pressure warning light on the dash doesn't light up i have the instrument panel out and have swapped the light for a working one and still no joy. as far as i am aware the car doesn't have any issues with the oil? i did an oil change the day after i bought the car using a fully syn oil and from the state of the old filter and oil i am guessing it had not been done for a while. the car doesnt have any oil leaks or burn any oil and the engine seems to be running fine. anybody got any ideas as to why the light wouldn't be working. does anyone know where the actual oil pressure switch is on the engine so i could check that out? any help would be greatly received as i am scratching my head over this one and hoping its nothing serious. Thanks for any help in advance.

stamford
16-05-09, 03:51 PM
Firstly :hi: to the forum.

If the light does not come on at all when the ignition is switched on and you have checked the lamp then it is either the cable itself or most likely a faulty switch. The switch is located above the filter housing.

Smokie
16-05-09, 04:11 PM
great thanks for that when it stops raining i will get out there for a look, is it best to veiw from under the car ?

stamford
16-05-09, 04:19 PM
You might be able to see that way, you will need to jack the car up to gain access. Even if you decide to remove it, oil will come out so beware!