PDA

View Full Version : ZS 180 Disks & Pads

muttley2887
19-05-09, 08:31 AM
Can anyone here recommend disks and pads for a ZS180 that will be doing quite a few of it's miles on the track but will also be used on the road. The standard ones were toast very quickly.

arwilson80
19-05-09, 09:02 AM
Heard good reviews about Mintex. EBC have been getting slated a lot recently so i'll refrain from suggesting them just to be safe. :)

Steves Cleenz
20-05-09, 12:31 AM
stay with OE stuff

Phate
20-05-09, 12:46 AM
Heard good reviews about Mintex. EBC have been getting slated a lot recently so i'll refrain from suggesting them just to be safe. :)

I use EBC's and they are fine?

stamford
20-05-09, 06:17 AM
What pads are you currently using? Standard discs will be fine unless you need them to look different ;) Padwise I'm using Mintex but have yet to look at alternative ones, yes they do fade when used hard but that is excessive track use mind.

Anyone got any comments on Green Stuff and Red Stuff? as these seem to be the next step in that order. Green Stuff seem to moult more from what I have read.

Mintex M1144's are comparable to Green Stuff without the moulting.

arwilson80
20-05-09, 08:47 AM
Had EBC discs and Greenstuff pads on the ZR. Had no problems with them, but lately there have been numerous stories about the pad and backing 'parting company'. They were just as dusty as the OE pads (contrary to their claims).

StragglaSteve
20-05-09, 09:52 AM
Had EBC discs and Greenstuff pads on the ZR. Had no problems with them, but lately there have been numerous stories about the pad and backing 'parting company'. They were just as dusty as the OE pads (contrary to their claims).

I currently have this setup on my ZS 120, stopping caperbilitys feel better then before, pads/disks are holding out well... however i do still get alot of dust from them! wheels are always on the dark side ;)

but that could be because i have the "Turbo Groove Brake Discs" which as i beleive keeps the brake surface clean (no squeeking) which works! but as a result you get it on your wheels!

ZS180V6
20-05-09, 10:36 AM
I have been using EBC discs and green stuff pads for quite a while now.

I have found them to be very good.

I have drilled discs.

I replaced the front pads last week with new Green Stuff and they seem to be good.

Def better with more pad then when they are worn...

ZS
20-05-09, 11:32 AM
I currently have this setup on my ZS 120, stopping caperbilitys feel better then before, pads/disks are holding out well... however i do still get alot of dust from them! wheels are always on the dark side ;)

but that could be because i have the "Turbo Groove Brake Discs" which as i beleive keeps the brake surface clean (no squeeking) which works! but as a result you get it on your wheels!

Had this setup on the ZS TDi... worst brakes I've ever had on a car! Took them off after a couple of weeks (allowed them to bed in etc) and replaced with Mintex... allways buy Mintex or Galfer brakes now... (180 has galfer currently - Superb stopping power from OE brakes!)

R8NMG
20-05-09, 12:19 PM
Fitted Mintex disks and pads all round at the weekend. Heard good things about them and prices very reasonable. Having a faint squeaking at the moment under braking, maybe due to them being new?

will-w
20-05-09, 09:32 PM
I've put EBC stuff on all of my previous cars, and can put my hand on my heart and say they have been far better than any of the previous braking components that had been on the car!

Hence the reason why I've got a nice 180 EBC setup going on my diesel next week :)

afcbadam
20-05-09, 09:37 PM
from conversation mintex seem to be one of the better ones

Steves Cleenz
20-05-09, 09:46 PM
well i stayed with OE standard discs and went with ferrado pads as these are a bit cheaper than standard OE pads but are just as good, been on about 6 months now and do take a lot before i get a little bit of fade

XPCobra
20-05-09, 11:48 PM
i use the new v3 ceramic redstuff pads on standard discs, rip the original discs to bits, but are fantastic :)