PDA

View Full Version : Bit of scrap car advice please

martyzs
19-05-09, 07:33 PM
having just stripped our mgf of anything worth having im having some problems getting rid of the shell. As its without the rear subframe it doesnt have any wheels and im stumped at finding any scrap vehicle removers to take it away.

None seems willing to take it. Its in an inconvienient place and needs to be shifted asap

Any ideas?

afcbadam
19-05-09, 07:39 PM
tow/drag it up the road, leave it in a public place and the councel will have to arange something!

jokes aside, have you tryed silverlakes, they have a craine tow truck. they can just pick it up

martyzs
19-05-09, 08:04 PM
lol, thought had crossesd my mind! Tried silverlake, they were uninterested as i've had all the value parts off it. Vehicle recycling places were on my hitlist but even they're not interested.

looks very sorry for itself now. Took some pics whilst dismantling it for its metro conversion parts. Tempted to chop it into bits and get a scrap man in.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j117/s1marty/mgfstripdown024.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j117/s1marty/mgfstripdown027.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j117/s1marty/mgfstripdown025.jpg

afcbadam
19-05-09, 08:13 PM
you could break it for spares. i.e bumpers, doors ect and put it on ebay. get rid of most of it that way. and get some money back to. have you had the mirror off it, pup it in the zs, done mine the other day, makes a nice difference:)

is that the vvc engine?

stamford
19-05-09, 08:23 PM
What you should have done was to strip it on a trailer, then tow the thing to a yard and get them to grab it off the back, job done.

I used to do the very same when I was racing, but I used to take it to the weighbridge then drive into the yard, they removed it and then I went and reweighed the car and trailer and picked up my monies.

davidkp
19-05-09, 08:26 PM
i would deffo get more parts off that before scrapping it mate, pannels such as wings, doors, bonnet, bumpers, roof, interior, dash etc etc

martyzs
19-05-09, 09:09 PM
In hindsight those are very good points, i didnt anticipate an issue with collection before we stripped it. Guess it pays to do your research.

Most parts of value are off, interiors gone. Most decent parts went onto another mgf as replacements or upgrades. I wish I had the space to store the left over bits but theres currently a boat and most of a kit car in my workshop.

Hopefully someone can take it away, ill just keep phoning round :wall:

stamford
19-05-09, 09:12 PM
It'll need a HIAB to get shot of that safely, know of any banger drivers that'll take it and weigh it in?

martyzs
19-05-09, 09:13 PM
yep it is the vvc adam. We're trying to determine what it was originally from as its not the original lump. bit of an odd one as it has aircon pulley and a 160style rocker cover.

The vvc mech is a 143bhp model but the engine number detail label (relating to model and spec)is missing. It does have a number stamped to the block but it doesnt match the v5 or anything I have online.

afcbadam
19-05-09, 09:17 PM
could be a 160?? you will have to get it on the rollers when the cars complete!

Southside_ZS
19-05-09, 09:24 PM
Just give it the scrapman? My next door neighbour and me lifted a Fiat Seciento with no wheels on into the back of the scrapmans luton transit. he was more than happy to take it.

Jay-ZS+
19-05-09, 09:54 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/K650_disc_cutter.jpg
Cut it in to managable bits then sling them on to the back of a truck.

What about dropping the shell on to some sort of dolly then getting it on a flatbed with a winch?

talkingcars
20-05-09, 06:11 AM
Sell me the wiring that goes between the power steering control unit and the pump, or at least the plugs for both and a little cable please.

Then chop it into 4 quaters, easier to do with a convertable, especially a rear engined car, ring a scrap metal dealer and you should get £30.

James

P.S. I am sereously after that wiring.

martyzs
20-05-09, 09:03 AM
James ill try and get it out tonight for you. Pm me your address and ill get it sent for the weekend.

talkingcars
20-05-09, 07:17 PM
James ill try and get it out tonight for you. Pm me your address and ill get it sent for the weekend.

Cool, thanks, pmailed.

James