PDA

View Full Version : Interior trim removal (dash and gearbox surround)

Yampiedog
25-05-09, 07:01 PM
I have looked in Haynes and think I can remove centre console but have no idea on how to remove dash bits andgearbox surround. Any pointers please?

starfire039
25-05-09, 07:56 PM
you will need to get a thin piece of cloth and the smallest flathead screw driver you can find. use the screwdriver to literally just prise off the gaiter surround, using the cloth to prevent damage. the heater vent surrounds are best taken off by removing the black speedo surround (two screws at the top, prise off the fog light and heated seats/blanking button to reveal two more screws, and remove) and this will be a case of using your hands to CAREFULLY pull the surround out, its held on bya clip, you will need to unclip the middle heater vent switch from the heater matrix, it's simple but you will need to know which section, you can either remove the strip first then trace the wire (easiest done if the CD Player is removed- you can see it) or refer to haynes.

hope this helps. i have an upcoming how to on a complete step by step remova of dashboard, which i have completed with success, so i appoint myself dashboard king :rb:

Zippy Saloon
25-05-09, 08:19 PM
With regard to centre vents its best if you operate the lever between them and look behind centre console in passenger footwell - you'll see the operating lever moving. Unhook the cable off this lever and it gives you more slack to pull dash strip away and get behind centre vents.

HTH

Yampiedog
26-05-09, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the centre console ones are easy once I take out the stereo but the dash ones seems like a pita.

afcbadam
26-05-09, 04:54 PM
what you doing martyn? giving them a paint?

Yampiedog
26-05-09, 05:12 PM
what you doing martyn? giving them a paint?

No, but I do have TB replacements to put in.

afcbadam
26-05-09, 05:17 PM
oh cool. what you doing with your old ones? if your binning them ill take them as i want to try something!

Yampiedog
26-05-09, 05:25 PM
oh cool. what you doing with your old ones? if your binning them ill take them as i want to try something!

I haven't decided yet.

afcbadam
26-05-09, 05:26 PM
can you let me know what your doing with them when you know pleaseeeeee

Yampiedog
26-05-09, 05:37 PM
can you let me know what your doing with them when you know pleaseeeeee

Will do.