PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with LV insurance?Do they bump up the insurance if you add a spoiler/sideskirt

Jem
25-05-09, 11:19 PM
I think my insurance is quite good,Im paying £267.96,But being cheap do they bump it up if you add a spoiler and sideskirts?

I will phone them up when im just about to get it,Just thought i would ask here.

DeMoNPauL
25-05-09, 11:39 PM
Any need to say anything? They could have been factory fitted as standard.

KevG
26-05-09, 02:16 AM
I think my insurance is quite good,Im paying £267.96,But being cheap do they bump it up if you add a spoiler and sideskirts?

I will phone them up when im just about to get it,Just thought i would ask here.

It all dpends on the insurer/broker if they want anything extra to your premium, usualy they will ask a min of £25 for covering admin costs etc.

Any need to say anything? They could have been factory fitted as standard.

Very true, but in most instances, they can actually pull up the spec of the car, and see what and what wasnt fitted at the factory, IMO very much doubtful, but if you have any insecurites, then I would declare anything that you later fit/mod!

Jem
26-05-09, 07:57 AM
When someone drove into me in my last car,The person who came out to look at my car brought everything up on his little computer making sure everything was standard,I cant remember what the insurance company was.

Maxfly
26-05-09, 09:13 AM
I'm sure i remember reading that you should say what optional extras you car has...they do not usually charge for this but least they know:)

I'm wi admiral and doing the rest of my exhaust (de-cat & stainless centre section) an new rear lights didn't cost anything extra at all:D Really depends, but best to run things by an advisor as an 'i'm planning to do this........ erm, next week what will be the damage??' Thats how i do it anyways

will-w
26-05-09, 03:12 PM
It's £140 cheaper for me to insure a modified ZS than a standard one!:cool2:

XPCobra
26-05-09, 05:37 PM
It's £140 cheaper for me to insure a modified ZS than a standard one!:cool2:

Depends on the mods ;) and how you word it

will-w
27-05-09, 01:36 PM
Depends on the mods ;) and how you word it

It was £50 cheaper to insure my highly modified Honda CRX than it was a standard one... And that included an engine swap, remap and cams! :laugh: