PDA

View Full Version : Stealing F*****s

Simon's ZS-120
26-05-09, 11:46 PM
Woke up this morning before work to find the fuel light on was like cant be right filled up last night 55 litres look in the mirror filler cap open and cap hanging. Off they have pulled the cap open and stole my ******* fuel called the police and guess what nothing they can do about it. And now my filler cap wont close properly if i catch them again oh will i show them a few things in life and show them they will have to suck every thing with a straw for the rest of there lives :chop:

talkingcars
27-05-09, 12:38 AM
That's not good.

If you filled up last night they proberbly followed you home from the petrol station, might be worth telling the filling station.

Zippy Saloon
27-05-09, 04:10 AM
One thing I really don't like about the ZS is the way the fuel gauge reads whilst the ignition is off - if someone is looking for a car to nick from its like having a neon sign on the roof.

stamford
27-05-09, 07:04 AM
That is low, sorry to hear that.

Edited title, don't want to be seeing that in bold

Dan1971
27-05-09, 07:13 AM
You've been followed mate .... When the police said, "Nothing they can do", they should have taken a report so that you could claim for the damage on insurance at least.

They should then be looking at CCTV from the garage .....

stamford
27-05-09, 07:16 AM
That's true, if reported they should have logged it and given you an incident number. No excuse for not doing that.

Martin C
27-05-09, 07:31 AM
This is becoming an all too familiar story, sadly if it follows the pattern happening around here it will more than likely have been committed by Poles.

Ring the station you reported it to and ask for the crime report number.

stevelou5
27-05-09, 07:38 AM
the little ****ers i'm think the same as you mate, (quote "show them a few things in life and show them they will have to suck every thing with a straw" quote)

tell me why even if they had caught them why will nothing happen to them, who decides that it is ok to do things like this, stuff like this really ****s me off???????

(sorry for the rant)

arwilson80
27-05-09, 09:04 AM
They are after any fuel they can get their hands on at the minute... Thousands of litres of home heating oil and red diesel disappear almost every day.

Sign of the economy i guess... More should be done about it though as 'petty crime' is rife and there's next to no punishment! :rant:

idge2003
27-05-09, 09:09 AM
Most cars are anti-syphon I thought!

I guess thats not the case on the ZS then!

Brett

Zippy Saloon
27-05-09, 10:27 AM
Most cars are anti-syphon I thought!

I guess thats not the case on the ZS then!

Brett
Think most anti syphon measures consist of some kind of grid placed in filler neck. To allow fuelling up though the holes have to be quite large, suspect a smallish pipe with a pointed end would do the trick on most cars.
Guess a locking cap would be a deterrent but not sure if you can get one for the 45 / ZS as in theory the flap locks.

Simon's ZS-120
27-05-09, 10:31 AM
been to the police station today they are looking into it again so hope they catch em before i do put the car in the garden last night and left my window wide open in case they decide to come back

peterzs
27-05-09, 10:35 AM
Scum, happened to our Cavalier, but they were just cutting the plastic fuel lines. I jumped in the car and went after them only for the car to splutter to a stop.

Our dog barked, which he never did and the neighbours security light was on, looked out the bedroom window about 2 in the morning to see two yobs by the car, opened the window and they run off. 15 mins later the security light came on again so looked out and they were back, let the dog out , and called the police.

After walking back after the car stopped found a police car and a dog van parked outside, police officer sniffed and said " yep is them again" and went on to explain that there were a group targeting Vauxhalls, went to get a joiner for the pipe and all sold out.:shoot2::shoot2::shoot2:

Simon's ZS-120
27-05-09, 10:50 AM
we have 2 sz a mk1 and a mk2 mine is the mk2 it was parked in the turning circle so no lights come on so no one would have seen it but thinking need to be carfull now as there is loads of audio in the car that i dont want to go missing but did notice one think on the mk2 if you disconect the battery the alarm will still go of for about 30mins so it will take them a while to shut it up as the power cap in the boot is holdng loads of power

might look at work for a locking cap tho dont wanna pay 50quid on fuel again

arwilson80
27-05-09, 11:15 AM
a lead plugged into the mains at night would solve the stealing issue... ;)

...may create a few more other ones though.

RudeDogg1
27-05-09, 12:07 PM
my lil sis had hers drained from her old mk2 golf last year they put a nail through the feul tank

Simon's ZS-120
27-05-09, 12:59 PM
well i got no holes in my tank thank **** or that will be an expensive job to fix i wander if my AA warrenty Would have covered me

peterzs
27-05-09, 01:37 PM
Thought of wiring it up but worried in case I found a postie face up one morning.

I was thinking of putting another tank and plastic fuel line with a mixture of sugar and petrol but gave up, touch wood no bother since.

I only had a couple of galls in mine but I usually fill up on the Sunday so could have been 12 galls, the police said they catch the fuel in a container, even these jokers lost quite a bit as you could smell it in the nearest drain. Hate to think what damage 10 galls would have done, that's why we got the police response we did.:shoot2::shoot2::shoot2:

starfire039
27-05-09, 01:56 PM
luckily never had this problem, which was lucky considerng driving a clio for a year it was an easy target with the plastic fuel tank which was easily accessable.

afcbadam
27-05-09, 06:08 PM
we have had a spat of that round near me recentally. they have been cutting the pipes from under the car from where they have been cut, although the most common method is to bust open the filler cap.