PDA

View Full Version : Of To Pick Up The New Bike

Simon's ZS-120
27-05-09, 01:11 PM
Well been thinking about getting fit and my current bike is a beast and is like riding a truck lol. The current bike is in the need of some repars so of to work to look at a bike that i have had my eye on GT ID5 I-Drive XCR Mountain Bike 09. Was going to get a cycle to work voucher but i can get it cheaper as the bike is at £999.99 and after a year of paying for it of £55.30 a month then a furter 200 at the end of the year to sign it in my name so it worked out at £863.60 though i was saving money but i can get that bike today for £850 today all mine

weagie
27-05-09, 08:41 PM
Cool. my last bike was a GT, great bikes and sounds like you got a good deal. wonder if those with bikes can get special section to post in. lol

starfire039
27-05-09, 08:52 PM
I have a slightly modded GT Avalanche (however you spell it), I love my GT's as well :)

weagie
27-05-09, 09:01 PM
Think mine was the karakoram or something. Brilliant frames. what sort of spec you running?

starfire039
27-05-09, 09:09 PM
XT cranks & bottom bracket, XT rear derailer and gears, and wheels i cannot remember for the life of me which ones, they were decent though 220 quid for the pair, and 50 quid for a pair of black circles. i've not ridden it for ages, i scrapped the project sinec i passed my driving test about 2 years ago. quite funny as it has 100 quid cranks and the original plastic pedals! I will finish it up eventually though. on my to do list is forks, pedals, carbon fibre saddle post, that will do for this bike. I am gonna get her cleaned up and serviced ready for this summer!!

what you running then, i don't think i've heard of yours. we could all go for a bike ride but it would take hours to meet up with everyone! me and si are too far doon sooth!

weagie
27-05-09, 09:32 PM
You lot are just a wee bit out of my pedal range.lol Just bought a norco rampage. Stock at the moment but has bomber freeride forks, 9" hayes disks and mix shimano drive train parts. Think i may need to change the bar and stem as it feels a bit to confined when in the saddle if you know what i mean. Luckily i'm under an hour from glentress so once i'm up to speed again i'll be heading out there.

Simon's ZS-120
28-05-09, 09:45 AM
gotta sort the insurance now as both bike now add to a near tottal of 5k+

arwilson80
28-05-09, 11:13 AM
gotta sort the insurance now as both bike now add to a near tottal of 5k+

Madness... Price i paid for my car 2 years ago. :yikes:

Simon's ZS-120
28-05-09, 10:22 PM
lol i paid 4 k for my car a year ago but going to ride it 14miles tomorow and walk 14 miles on the way home with it as i will be so drunk i will forget how to ride