PDA

View Full Version : mgzs stepspeed

brad414
28-05-09, 08:07 AM
hi chaps im looking for my 1st zs and i have spotted one buts its a stepspeed semi automatic, not what i was looking for but does anybody have one any comments on them???

and finally can they be converted to manual:smartass:

cheers brad

Zippy Saloon
28-05-09, 08:19 AM
hi chaps im looking for my 1st zs and i have spotted one buts its a stepspeed semi automatic, not what i was looking for but does anybody have one any comments on them???

and finally can they be converted to manual:smartass:

cheers bradWould be a big job to convert to manual - gearbox, linkage, gear lever, pedal box (probably, or at least clutch pedal & hydraulics), if you're being picky the instruments would need changing (lower redline on auto iirc), possibly ecu.

Should be plenty of manual box examples about, the auto would have a bit of rarity value though, I imagine.

Always fancied an auto but suspected the novelty would wear off quickly.

R8NMG
28-05-09, 08:22 AM
I don't think you will have much problem finding a manual ZS. Why bother go through the costs and hassle of modification changing it to a manual. If your question is the other way round of wanting a Stepspeed then they must be quite rare.

brad414
28-05-09, 08:36 AM
i asked ebcause its well under market value so i thought id ask about converting to manual

Zippy Saloon
28-05-09, 09:10 AM
i asked ebcause its well under market value so i thought id ask about converting to manual
I think it would have to be hugely under market value to be worthwhile mate.

Get a decent early 120 for not much more than a grand I would think
(you can have mine for £10k - not bad £2k loss in 7 years! :D)

stamford
28-05-09, 11:38 AM
If it's a manual you want, then wait for the right one to come along. Modifying this one will be a big regret!