PDA

View Full Version : some people are complete pricks

afcbadam
28-05-09, 11:07 PM
just been reading a review on the 180, one bloke says " THE 180 IS NOSE HEAVY AND CANT HANDLE ON A TRACK, AN ST 170 WOULD FRASH IT!" is he some sort of idiot or what. these people really **** me off, i bet hes driven neither of the cars, atleast he hasnt got a clue about the cars!

Phate
29-05-09, 01:32 AM
I think the term you are looking for is ignorant ;)

And for the record last time we were at Brands me and Mick were tackling a Focus ST3 and the guy could NOT shake us. In some corners I was less than 3ft from his rear bumper. He was competitively racing and holding up literally a pack of ZS's as in the straights we were pretty equal but we were faster in the corners but obviously your not allowed to overtake on corners....

Fun times, I remember seeing the guy afterwards and he was dripping in sweat and he looked over at me and I smiled and winked. Gave him a run for his money we did ;) :D

stamford
29-05-09, 07:24 AM
Yep, that is true, I was carrying an extra 90kg as well that day, thanks Paul!

For someone to state that means they have not driven either on track. If the ZS was that poor I would not track it. From memory I reckon it is better than the HS Chevette I used to own and that was on competition Bilsteins.

Martin C
29-05-09, 07:50 AM
I expect it was written by the guy who was holding you all up, getting his own back :wall:

Countless racing drivers have atested to the phenominal handling of the ZS and I think the 120 has slightly sharper turn in due to having two less cylinders. But of course you wave them good-bye down the striaght.

Chevette HS, now I'm lovin' that Mick, but such a different beast, power slide anyone :thumbsup: Did a lot of work on these and its Opel rival, Kadette GTE, in the mid seventies for the British Rally Championship.

ZS
29-05-09, 09:07 AM
If the ZS was that bad why did a lot of Racing Schools use them to train drivers round to race?? (Silverstone still have two yellow ones If I am not mistaken?)

marts66
29-05-09, 09:17 AM
I chased a ST 170 along my own private dual carriage way a year or so ago and I distinctly remember the ping ping ping bang crash as his engine let go and small pieces of it hit my car (no damage done though) and that was in my little old 120, ooooh what fun :)

p_b82
29-05-09, 09:24 AM
when i did my track day at truxton 6 years ago they had a fleet of tophy blue 180 saloons people used to learn the track before getting in the ferrari's etc.

made me decide to get my ZS over a leon ;)

stamford
29-05-09, 09:49 AM
Brands used to run them as well, half caged 180's, that was the first time in a 180 back then, must have been around 5 years ago.

TjP
29-05-09, 02:19 PM
If a ZS can run with an ST3 I would imagine it would walk all over an ST170! Cant say I've ever had the pleasure of racing either though.

Oh, and Pembrey Circuit has a small fleet of ZS180s which they use for their Performance Driving School. Been wanting to book a day with them for some time, but the £170 always seems to go elsewhere.