PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise

Jay-ZS+
01-06-09, 08:38 PM
The last few days ive noticed a strange ticking/ flapping sound coming from the underneath on the passenger side, Thought it was the mud guard but wasnt sounds almost as if its loose plastic, Any ideas what it could be?

afcbadam
01-06-09, 08:55 PM
does it sound like its from directly underneath the car?? or just on the side on the passanger side area? i.e bottom of door that area

Zippy Saloon
01-06-09, 08:58 PM
Stone in tyre tread? Can sometimes be pretty noisy.

stamford
01-06-09, 09:04 PM
It's the belt from off your dress James, it gets caught in the door ;)

afcbadam
01-06-09, 09:07 PM
or them subwoofers have shaken every nut and bolt loose!

Jay-ZS+
01-06-09, 09:25 PM
Yer that what i thought lol sounds as if coming from the side or just underneath the cill.

afcbadam
01-06-09, 09:29 PM
loose side skirt? loose wheel arch liner?

Jay-ZS+
01-06-09, 09:33 PM
That what I was looking at but they seem fine I thought prehaps the cone had come loos in the wing but thats fine too strange will just have to turn the music up abit more lol :laugh:

afcbadam
01-06-09, 10:05 PM
i wouldnt ignore it though! my boss ignored something untill the wheel virtually came off, badly damaged the wing and various other parts, luckerly it was a shitty old van.

Jay-ZS+
01-06-09, 10:08 PM
Yer dont worry I will find out what it is.

Jay-ZS+
02-06-09, 03:39 PM
It seemed to be worse today its like a clicking thought it may be linked to the suspension but then sometimes sounds as if its coming from under the middle of the car its not all the time just now and then, Had another look today but couldnt see anything unusal.

Smokie
03-06-09, 10:22 AM
i think i have the same dam noise! i have been all over the car looking for it been through all the things suggested on, at first i thought it was a stone in the tyre - nope, loose bit of plastic trim somewhere - nope, brake pad catching slightly - nope. i have had the car jacked up spun the front wheels around nothing at all. its definatly not coming from the engine as when the car stops rolling the noise stops. i have a u/s reluctor ring on the front driverside of the car and the outer cv boot is split on the front passenger side could it be one of these. could the reluctor ring damage be fooling the abs system that the front wheel has locked up and telling it to release the pressure??. i really haven't a clue but its doing my head in. like Jay Zs its not all the time and sometimes its worse than others + seems to becoming from the middle of the car.

Jay-ZS+
03-06-09, 03:48 PM
Yer thats the one Ive not got a clue but the cars going up on the ramp to have the exhaust fitted next week hopefully so I will have a good look then. Seemed worse again today, dunno wether its because im bein parnoid about it.

Jay-ZS+
03-06-09, 05:03 PM
How hard is it to change the cv boot? If it is that prob best to sort it out soon as , although it does seem to becoming from the middle of the car, any ideas anyone?

Smokie
03-06-09, 05:06 PM
i have never do one on a zs but have done a few others cars and i didn't find them that difficult to do??