PDA

View Full Version : Finally

marts66
02-06-09, 11:00 AM
You may remember that a whille ago my 120 suffered HGF, so trying to save pennies on the rebuild it went to a friend of a friend in November!

Well I finally got it back this weekend...after some shinanigins with the rectifier pack giving up the ghost, the car is now sorted.

So my mods are now SS Cat back (PECO), 52mm TB, K&N Apollo CAI and TF135 cams. Got to say I'm well pleased, it's not and was never going to be pulling up trees but it's great to drive. Revs more freely to 6/7000 rpm, picks up very well through the gears, the 30-50 and 50-70 times seem to be greatly reduced. After so long, I'd forgotten what a great car the ZS is to drive, so I took the picturesque route back from the North West to the North East.

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss270/marts66_photos/IMG_0452.jpg
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss270/marts66_photos/IMG_0451.jpg

A couple of shots of us on the way home, will get one of the induction later.

john180
02-06-09, 11:33 AM
glad you happy with it and its all sorted! looks a smart machine!

arwilson80
02-06-09, 11:39 AM
Did the plant enjoy the drive / scenery too?

Looks good, and great to have it back on the road.

stamford
02-06-09, 12:34 PM
You sound well chuffed! Looks a tidy example too.

Is that a head hanging from the interior mirror ;)

Bobdope2002
02-06-09, 01:22 PM
looks like hes got a tree in his passenger seat too

marts66
02-06-09, 02:29 PM
Err, not my best composition for a photo. The plant ( a lily) was being transported to its new home. The head hanging from the rear mirror is attached to my wife who is standing behind the car. Who on a few occasions was able to use the line 'consider the lillies' (Monty Python - Life of Brian).

I am really chuffed with it and do try to keep it in good condition. Next mods will be the black mirror rear lights and some Philips Nightbreakers. When the front pads go they'll be replaced with the discs for some grooved ones. That's about all really (for now). Cheers for your comments I know you've all got some great cars so it means a lot.