PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 engine (or bigger) hatch needed

edmo
02-06-09, 10:43 PM
ok just found out the missus is expecting baby number two. havent got much money either at the minute lol so would be looking to straight swap if possible. i have a 53 plate 120+ saloon. need a hatch now though as i got to get double buggy in the rear. dont really want to drop below the 1.8 engine either.

i have just been offered 2k by a dealer as part ex but finance fell through so i have the mg for a while longer yet. love the zed to bits but need the room a hatch gives as opposed to the saloon. anyone want to go the other way? mine is mint condition but needs the belts changing as i am at 61k now so i would do that before anything happened. other than that it is fully serviced and very well looked after.

can anyone help????

afcbadam
02-06-09, 11:02 PM
i personally find the saloon boot bigger than my old hatch tbh. congrats on the news mate.

edmo
03-06-09, 07:42 AM
cheers mate. Just thought as rear window opens too on a hatch it gives bigger space to put buggy in. It's very tight getting it into the saloon.

ZS
03-06-09, 12:49 PM
I can fit a sub and one double + one single buggy into the boot of my saloon... I have three kids by the way... :D

However I do also have a Trophy Blue ZS120 that I could possibly sell you, not interested in a swap though :D

If your interested let me know and I will MOT and Tax it...

Smokie
03-06-09, 01:44 PM
cheers mate. Just thought as rear window opens too on a hatch it gives bigger space to put buggy in. It's very tight getting it into the saloon.

i have a saloon and a double buggy i will go and try to fit it the boot now

Smokie
03-06-09, 01:54 PM

Like a glove, cd stacker got in the way a bit but apart from that no problems still enough room for a stack of nappies, wet wipes and the rest of the baby bumf

ZS
03-06-09, 02:04 PM

Like a glove, cd stacker got in the way a bit but apart from that no problems still enough room for a stack of nappies, wet wipes and the rest of the baby bumf

Seee... loads of space :D can put an entire long weekends camping in the saloon ZS for three people and two dogs... and the people and dogs in the same car... Done it twice :D:D

RudeDogg1
03-06-09, 04:12 PM
yup ive allways had saloons and never had a prob with buggies ect

Alan.F
03-06-09, 09:23 PM
I got all my camping gear for my weekend at Oulton Park for the BTCC last weekend in my saloon there was me my wife and my 2 kids (17 and 15), I had a 120 Hatch before this and had to put stuff on the back seat with the kids.

afcbadam
03-06-09, 09:59 PM
been golfing tonight, 2 bags, 2 trollys , 2 amps and a 12 inch subwoofer.

edmo
04-06-09, 02:03 PM
thanks for the advice. i have tried a buggy in the back but it didnt fold very flat and so it was tight getting it through the opening. once in tho there was bags of room for it, shopping and other gunk a baby needs!

think its just a case of getting a buggy which folds flatter rather than changing the car. certainly the cheaper option lol

Dan1971
04-06-09, 02:45 PM
Make me an offer ....

RudeDogg1
04-06-09, 04:16 PM
thanks for the advice. i have tried a buggy in the back but it didnt fold very flat and so it was tight getting it through the opening. once in tho there was bags of room for it, shopping and other gunk a baby needs!

think its just a case of getting a buggy which folds flatter rather than changing the car. certainly the cheaper option lol

if u have 1 of them shitty3 wheeled things that have about 15 inch wheels or the 4 wheel equivilent they dont fold flat atall