PDA

View Full Version : Front drivers wing

Smokie
05-06-09, 12:40 PM
Hi all, has anyone ever had to remove a drivers side outer wing? looking at it i am guessing that its matter of taking the wheel off arch liner off and then unbolting it all, does anyone know if the bumper has to come off aswell? the little rub strip on the side will that just pull off or are there any clips on them?
i need to fit a new wing due to very small bump but its creased the panel quite badly. i have a new wing and luckly its the same colour.
Any useful comments would be gratefully received. Many Thanks Smokie

KevG
05-06-09, 01:11 PM
The bumper and the side skirt has to be removed,as there are bolts under the wing and under the sill, the wheel arch liner doesn't need to be removed, if you just remove the plastic fasteners that will suffice, as for the side trim, once you have the wing off, you be able to undo that too.

Southside_ZS
05-06-09, 05:05 PM
Bumper doesnt need to be removed? All you have to do is pull back the arch liner and remove the bolt holding the bumper to the wing. Also sideskirt should bend down enough to get to the bolt without having to remove it.

3 bolts along the top of the inner wing, 2 on the door post, 1 in the sill and the one holding the bumper to the wing, Plastic screws holding arch liner to wing (liner doesnt have to be completly removed) and its off.

Smokie
05-06-09, 06:45 PM
A1 guys thanks for the info. i was panicing a bit about taking the bumper. i will try and take some pics of the process and post them here, if anyone would find it useful i dont know?