PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Jay-ZS+
06-06-09, 12:09 PM
Just went to swap the fogs over on to the mk2 bumper and the brackets are different and the mug I bought it off had snapped any fixings off so the grill has been gripfilled on the but Im going to have to Fiberglass the fogs on,
Just wondered if they tested the allinement of the fogs for an MOT going to aim them best as can and believe there is an slight adjusment on the reflector, But obviously a degree out on the bumper is going to make a big difference on the road, :axe:

Simon's ZS-120
06-06-09, 12:11 PM
na dont worry about that i hit a puddle at like 50 and nailed my fogs out and now they are held in by clear mastic and my car still passed then hit a rabit so one is held in with araldite

Jay-ZS+
06-06-09, 12:14 PM
Cool thought if they were Id just cut a piece of plastic in to cover them and spray it up as if they arnt there lol, Doubleside tape it on for the MOT,
Just really tricky to get it in place as theres nothing to hold it got it cable tied on the grill, lol

XPCobra
06-06-09, 12:16 PM
unless your car is used as a taxi, it will pass an mot, front fogs don't come into the normal MOT, nor does the n/s rear fog

stamford
06-06-09, 02:01 PM
Agreed, front fogs are not tested, I don't have a nearside one, it's my CAF, the offside is taped over.

Jay-ZS+
06-06-09, 04:42 PM
the offside is taped over.

Thats your in car water feature mick very pimp my ride! Didnt know if it was like the rear wiper and that if they are fitted they had to work but if not there not an issue, but thats cool think they are pretty well allined will tweek it later when the darkness sets in :) so thats the MK2 bumper done now :)
Cheers guys

afcbadam
06-06-09, 07:07 PM
any pics jay?

Jay-ZS+
06-06-09, 07:51 PM
Well just scrubed her up will do some tomorrow, :)

starfire039
06-06-09, 08:05 PM
I saw this in the flesh today- looks great! cleaner than the rest of his car :laugh:

Jay-ZS+
06-06-09, 08:06 PM
Not anymore its all shining now lol

Jay-ZS+
06-06-09, 08:13 PM
Heres a quick phone picture ;)
Before
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/Bumper%20modification/Photo-0048.jpg

After :)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/Bumper%20modification/Photo-0050.jpg

Will get some decent ones tomorrow

afcbadam
06-06-09, 09:11 PM
looks cracking! like what you have done with the front bumper. whats the paint match like??

was it hard to do? what parts did you need in the end?

Jay-ZS+
06-06-09, 09:34 PM
Really happy with the paint match its spot on, the previous pot i ordered was a little dark and didnt have the same amount of metallic flakes so rang up and got another litre and they used a slightly different mix and its bang on,
Would have been dead simple if the brakets on the back of the bumper were not all broken off!!!
Needed both headlights, the plug connectors as they are different on the mk2, would have needed fog brakets as well,

Had a few problems I wasnt expecting, Had to take a grinder to the battery tray as the leveling motor was catching on it, Also had to move the horn as the fog was hitting it,

Fitted all the HIDs at the same time, well bright

peterzs
06-06-09, 09:47 PM
Looking good, well worth all the time and effort:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: