PDA

View Full Version : Some CLOWN on the ZR site!

Craig
06-06-09, 05:32 PM
Some clown on the ZR site prefers the handling of a ZR105 to a ZS180! You may recognise the name BTW.

http://www.themgzr.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=100167&page=3

Take it from experiance, keep the ZR. I still think my ZR was more fun than my ZS ever was.... all it needed was more power!

I'm the same. I never felt nearly as confident flinging it about and it is a big car
The power is nice, but I still think my old ZR 105 handled better - and I miss my ZR far more than I miss the ZS

:fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

SharronB
06-06-09, 06:04 PM
:slap: :laugh:

TjP
06-06-09, 06:08 PM
Well, we all have our own opinnions I guess.

I havent driven a ZR, but Im gonna trust Tiff's expertise and wealth of experience in testing/reviewing/comparing cars and keep my ZS :)

Maxxed_Ross
06-06-09, 06:16 PM
but noticed I didn't say how pants they both feel compaired to the RB320 :whistle:

I've always said that, I've sure I even said it on here a few times

Craig
06-06-09, 06:23 PM
but noticed I didn't say how pants they both feel compaired to the RB320 :whistle:

Well, there isnt really a come back to that :D

Dave MGT
06-06-09, 06:25 PM
:wall:

Ive had both and the ZS is far superior, especially on the limate. ZR still handles well, nimble at low speeds.

I dont think the ZS handles pants compared to a scooby. Over took a couple round Oulton park the otherday :whistle:

:)

RudeDogg1
06-06-09, 06:33 PM
Zr's also roll realy easy, should of seen how easy my mum parked her R25 on its roof

Maxfly
06-06-09, 06:37 PM

I've always said that, I've sure I even said it on here a few times

pmsl, fair do's:D

Have to say though, i'm wi craig...loved my wee zr an still miss it but much prefer the handling on the zs. It's damnt near the same width but aye a bit longer which means imo anyway it suits the twisty stuff far more. specially up roond my auld stamping ground which has some of the best driving roads ye could hope fir, have mair confidence in what the zs is doing to be able to push it harder:D

afcbadam
06-06-09, 07:06 PM
i am able to push the zs alot harder than i ever was a zr, have never owned a zr but was lent one for a good few weeks. not my car so i ragged it as hard as i dare and it still didnt compare to my zs, even when i take care of it. my rover 200, a softer version of the zr was pants compared to the zs.

Maxxed_Ross
06-06-09, 07:35 PM
Perhaps I never bonded with the ZS as well as you guy have done then. I think that was partially why I sold it on so quickly. I threw silly money at it and nothing really changed in the end... that was a bit of a kick in the nuts.

It was a great car no doubt about it. Better built, more solid feeling and without a doubt much quicker... but like I said on the ZR site I still think my ZR was more FUN. It might not have been as quick or comfy, but it was a hoot to drive and it shocked a few people when I had it on Knockhill. It was lapping less than a second slower than a race prepaired stripped out 1.8 Vti Civic!

afcbadam
06-06-09, 07:42 PM
every thing is down to preference and opionion, and in my opionion, its your own opinion the counts the most. my favourite car was my rover 216 16v, for some reason, maybe it was the mods, i dont know but all i know and in my opionion it was the car i had the most fun in, i even tryed to buy it back when it came up for sale 6 months after i sold it but i wasnt prepared to spend more money than i sold it for! i was out bidded for this reason.

stamford
06-06-09, 10:05 PM
Can't comment on the ZR but a ZS can handle, no doubt about it. It can shame far superior cars on track. I know where I would put my money.

talkingcars
06-06-09, 10:10 PM
We have a ZS180 and a ZR160, I have no doubt the ZS handles better and I'm sure it isn't just the better tyres. The ZS has done over twice as many miles as well!

carmadbaker
07-06-09, 12:31 AM
i find the zr's a lil light on the back! makes them kind of unstable and bit of a handfull...... whereas the zs seems more planted and poised! not to mention safer :) lol

Craig
07-06-09, 07:56 AM
i find the zr's a lil light on the back! makes them kind of unstable and bit of a handfull...... whereas the zs seems more planted and poised! not to mention safer :) lol

Totally agree, I had the back end of the ZR stepping out too much for my liking :)

vinny1979
07-06-09, 05:07 PM
hey ross I still love the zs ! ;)

ThumpJunkie
08-06-09, 07:14 AM
My ZR has custom Leda suspension, OMP brace and Toyos all round and TBH the handling is guff. Don't trust it on the twisties at all.