PDA

View Full Version : Nightbreakers

marts66
06-06-09, 06:08 PM
Bulbs arrived today and were fitted within minutes, apart from sending the wrong mainbeam bulbs great service from Autobulbs direct', freebies and gifts to boot.

Will have a look see at the bulbs in the dark later, but won't be able to give a comparison with OE as I did both sides.

:alcoholic: might not be able to drive it later either!

afcbadam
06-06-09, 06:57 PM
they are good bulbs, i use them, much better that standard halogen bulbs

DeMoNPauL
06-06-09, 11:42 PM
they are good bulbs, i use them, much better that standard halogen bulbs

+1.

marts66
07-06-09, 07:29 PM
Pretty impressed with these, will know better after a dark night run, but for the price a good mod :)

SticklesMickles
08-06-09, 07:50 AM
I only ever drove my car once with the stock bulbs at night (on the way home) so i can not really compare them, but the nightbreakers seam to be ok

had some good results with the osram silverstars on a previous car.

stokey-leroy
08-06-09, 01:46 PM
i had them in my r25 and completely forgot about getting a set for the zs...what fitment are they in a mk1 hatch (dont know if that makes a difference on the fitting?!?)

marts66
09-06-09, 12:30 PM
i had them in my r25 and completely forgot about getting a set for the zs...what fitment are they in a mk1 hatch (dont know if that makes a difference on the fitting?!?)

H7s mate, for dip and main.

stokey-leroy
17-06-09, 11:30 AM
cheers for that bud, i bought a set and got them fitted t'other day :D makes quite a good difference on the road i think. i need to get a set for mains now. i also want a set of sidelights which are more white than yellow, do you know the fitment and what bulbs i could get for them?

peterzs
17-06-09, 12:19 PM
I've got a Mk2, dipped beams are great, main beams do very little. The beams were set for the MOT and all the main beam does it put a yellow glow to the dipped area. Are all Mk2 lights like this and will new bulds give a better main beam spread. The wifes Punto lights are 10x better.:happy::happy::happy:

afcbadam
17-06-09, 12:21 PM
yep peter they will improve it alot. the best headlights ive had were the xenon's (standard) on my old mg zt

marts66
17-06-09, 12:33 PM
cheers for that bud, i bought a set and got them fitted t'other day :D makes quite a good difference on the road i think. i need to get a set for mains now. i also want a set of sidelights which are more white than yellow, do you know the fitment and what bulbs i could get for them?

If you order a set from autobulbs direct they'll send you as freebie a set of extreme white sidelight bulbs aswell as a led torch thingy, link here for you mate
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7-bulbs-c-256.html

Marky Mark
17-06-09, 12:44 PM
Thats what I got also when I ordered the Osram Nightbreakers, they chucked in a tee-shirt as well, highly recommend them:thumbsup:

marts66
17-06-09, 12:58 PM
Thats what I got also when I ordered the Osram Nightbreakers, they chucked in a tee-shirt as well, highly recommend them:thumbsup:

I got the choice between a t-shirt and these led dottit lights, well it's grim up north so I took the lights, although on hindsight the t-shirt might have kept me warmer :icecream:

Marky Mark
17-06-09, 01:12 PM
I got the choice between a t-shirt and these led dottit lights, well it's grim up north so I took the lights, although on hindsight the t-shirt might have kept me warmer :icecream:

Lol, they must of made a mistake as I got both the side lights and the tee shirt, great for working on the car! Lol :evo:

marts66
17-06-09, 01:33 PM
Lol, they must of made a mistake as I got both the side lights and the tee shirt, great for working on the car! Lol :evo:

Doh, type clearly Martin. You're right, the sidelight bulbs are a given and you get them regardless, the choice was between a t-shirt and led light :)

stokey-leroy
18-06-09, 12:13 AM
theyre not the cheapest but i went for it because of the free gifts haha. you can also get 12% quidco cashback as well as some other bargains on the site!