PDA

View Full Version : Wheels wrong size.

Murray203ps
08-06-09, 09:34 PM
Well, went to pick up my new wheels from halfords today only to find that they had supplied them with the most ridiculous offset you wouldn't believe. It must be 1 1/2 inches from the inside of the spokes. maybe even 2. Why don't they ask you stuff like this when you order them. Team Dynamics did warn me that they might not fit but i didn't think they would send them with such a stupid offset. They wouldn't even go under the arches if they were in a standard 7.5J wheel. Now i have to go back and speak to a manager to see if i can get them replaced.:rant::angry:

afcbadam
08-06-09, 09:37 PM
that is a common problem i find with halfords. most of the people who mork there simply haven't got a clue about cars or anything to do with them. occasionally you find someone who knows what they are talking about but its quite rare.

TjP
08-06-09, 09:48 PM
I've not had good experiences with Halfords either. I bought a stereo from them for my last car, which not only turned out to have a broken facia (which they tried to fit for me, thinking I wouldnt notice) but they also scratched my center console to **** and butchered the cage beyond repair! I got my money back for the stereo there and then, and made them pay for a new center console. They wont be touching any of my cars again though.

Nowadays I only use them for things like paint or tools (straight up purchases). I wont trust their advice or other services!

afcbadam
08-06-09, 09:51 PM
i went in there to get some wheel touch up paint, i gave them the manufactures paint code for the mk1 alloys, all the numbers from my vin plate and even told them it was sparkle silver.................. when she mixed it up......... you can guess the next bit........yep it was yellow! i wet my self laughing. she did get it right on the second go though

Phate
08-06-09, 09:53 PM
Typical mate, hope you get it sorted.

stamford
08-06-09, 10:03 PM
I don't know why they bother selling wheels as they don't have clue on how to sell them to a customer. I tried and gave up as they were useless and couldn't answer a single question I asked.

afcbadam
08-06-09, 10:10 PM
i bet you asked them for a set of wheels and they tried to sell you a sat nav!

Murray203ps
08-06-09, 10:17 PM
Yeah i know was quite silly of me to think that they would get it right. If they'd asked i would have waited and found out what the offset on my 18's are at the mo so we wouldn't have had this problem. They do look nice tho. Hyper silver. Very racey.

TegTypeR
09-06-09, 08:07 AM
You see the biggest problem with Halfrauds is the customer base. They sell wheels because every chav in the world goes in there.

The reason you got the off sets you did was because thats what they thought you wanted. That way you could fit the "WIDE" arch set and make your car look pucka, anit!

Oshda Oshda Oshda, Base, Base, Base!

Murray203ps
09-06-09, 12:11 PM
You see the biggest problem with Halfrauds is the customer base. They sell wheels because every chav in the world goes in there.

The reason you got the off sets you did was because thats what they thought you wanted. That way you could fit the "WIDE" arch set and make your car look pucka, anit!

Oshda Oshda Oshda, Base, Base, Base!

Haha. Yeah your right............................Wouldn't mind a wide arch kit though.:hmmm:

Bobdope2002
09-06-09, 12:29 PM
cant be as bad as when i ordered my keis from motorworld it took them three atempts to send me the right wheel at one stage i must have had about £1500 worth of alloy wheel sat in my garage and at one stage i had 32 wheel nuts lol

Good thing was i got a £100 voucher

Dan1971
09-06-09, 01:12 PM
I got a set of alloys from them for my old Cavalier. My old alloys were beyond repair and the tyres were at the limit. £350 with new tyres, 17" multi-spokes. Bargain.

But ....They were supposed to be balanced. Fitted them and the wobble was crazy .... I got them done and they refunded the cost for it so fair dues.

Now I use them to replace bulbs etc. They did the front ones on my Mrs A2 which are a nightmare to access, and the rears on my ZT-T. The guy cut his hands a few times doing them. £2 well spent as far as I'm concerned !