PDA

View Full Version : Insurance question

RudeDogg1
23-06-09, 05:40 PM
B4 i had the z my old car got written off by a woman driver so she was at fault when it came to the claims. I swopped ins when i got the z cuz of direct lines crapness. Ive been with the same one the last few years im gonna look at dif quotes this time. My question is (cuz i cant rem what i did last time)even tho i wasnt at fault do i put it down as a claim in the last 5 years?

starfire039
23-06-09, 06:35 PM
did you claim on your insurance? Or did she claim on hers? If she claimed on hers, you don't put it down as a claim unless it says "regardless of blame". If you claimed on yours, then you need to put down you've made a claim.

idge2003
23-06-09, 06:58 PM
Most online insurance quote forms I have filled in have given the option to put in non fault claims!

I would always tell them as they will find any excuse not to pay out

Brett

afcbadam
23-06-09, 07:29 PM
as above, its only a claim if you made it on your insurance, if she claimed on her insurance its not your claim. however you will need to tell them that you have been involved in an accident within the last 5 years reglardless of fault

RudeDogg1
24-06-09, 06:25 PM
lol ill just put it down then, i know she admited fault but cant rem which way the claim was.