PDA

View Full Version : latest mod :)

starfire039
28-06-09, 09:02 PM
massive thanks to mick for this one!

I have now got a corbeau forza seat in my car, next one to be fitted next w/end.

it's unbelievably good! sorry for the **** picture quality, blackberry camera is not so good in the dark! the pic doesn't do it justice, it looks awesome, fits the ZS perfectly.

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/2829/seat2.jpg

afcbadam
28-06-09, 09:04 PM
a good colour match to. off topic, what was the outcome of the piston slap issue?

starfire039
28-06-09, 09:07 PM
garage were meant to call warrenty company on friday but they didn't, so they will do it on monday, basically it IS covered under warrenty in the book, but obviously they will do anything to not pay. i won't let them take advantage though! hope they agree without any issues.

stamford
28-06-09, 09:11 PM
They are bloody good seats too! Wish I had them! Had a couple of issues but soon sorted them :D

starfire039
28-06-09, 09:30 PM
brilliant seats agreed, sitting nice and low now. i appreciated you yelling "you need a booster seat now" mick :laugh:

issues we had were the fact B&Q only had 8mm thick steel in stock rather 5mm, which was the ideal thickness, so we couldn't bolt the female seat belt clip back on the runners, so we had to chop the steel a bit and move the clip down an extra notch on the runners. worked a treat!

so the pair of corbeau forzas for 87 quid, with shoddy 106 subframes that will be sold, a real bargain :D:D:D

stamford
29-06-09, 07:15 AM
The second seat won't take long as we have the dimensions so I can prep the steelwork before next weekend as soon as the back pain has gone.

shroonie29
29-06-09, 08:20 AM
Looking good mate :)
Nice choice ;)

Shroon

Phate
29-06-09, 09:36 AM
Very nice, I'd love to do this myself :)

rbull51
29-06-09, 02:00 PM
starfire039 <<<<<----- this mystery tapping that you have, does it sound a bit like tappet noise but not so loud when you slightly rev it up? also when you change gear and the revs drop through 3000ish rpm do you get a rattling then?? i ask as i was told that my car has got piston slap aswell, when it was under warranty i took it back 2-3 times and they changed tappets first then they put a brand new head on it and the noise is still there!!!

afcbadam
29-06-09, 02:01 PM
depends on the damage thats been done, sometimes the most economical way to cure piston slap is to put a new engine in.

starfire039
29-06-09, 05:12 PM
sounds pretty much identical idge. pistons and liners need to be replaced.

fucked off at the moment as the warrenty lot rejected a claim from the garage. gonna pick up the details tommorow morning and call them myself. seriously, if this doesn't work out, i'm fudged

Jay-ZS+
29-06-09, 05:53 PM
Seats look great mate, If it doesnt work out theres a perfect excuse to drop something like a t16 in there lol :)

starfire039
29-06-09, 06:17 PM
.................................................. ................................................ now you've given me an idea.............................................. .................................................. .................................

stamford
29-06-09, 10:02 PM
Seats look great mate, If it doesnt work out theres a perfect excuse to drop something like a t16 in there lol :)

Oh right it's your fault! :laugh:

Jay-ZS+
29-06-09, 10:10 PM
:whistle:

SticklesMickles
30-06-09, 09:17 AM
they sit really well, but they wear out on the bolsters, mine wore out around the "leather/vinal" protectors and ripped in my old vectra :(

IMO the wear patches need to be longer on them

stamford
30-06-09, 09:24 AM
I agree, not meant for everyday use are they! Mine has worn already due to the abrasive harness from when I slide my athletic frame into the seat :whistle: