PDA

View Full Version : Broke Down :( :(

Simon's ZS-120
28-06-09, 11:35 PM
was down at reading cruise and giving the sound system a good trashing and noticed the car was ideling like a bag of **** and the engine light come on. so turned every thing off and looked under the bonet nothing seemed to be wrong there was water, i had loads of oil no leads have rubbed through so i think it would be better if it all went wrong some were far from here. traveld down the road and it was missfireing and showing it had no preasure to move got to a set of lights and it dies.

75 mins for RAC to come out so i give my good friend ben a ring who comes down to help and we find it has a fuel problem on bank 1 what the **** does that mean so we reset the ecu and the mg was fine if not better should i need to clean any thing out here

rob120+
29-06-09, 10:41 AM
Hi simon,

This could be a simple fault but then again it might not!!

1, Look for the injector multiplug by inlet manifold, disconnect, spray wd40 into connectors and refit 2gether a couple of times.

2, Engine bay harness

3, Faulty ECU!

Summit motors in maidenhead will be your best place to go as they have they updated T4 Testbook..

Simon's ZS-120
29-06-09, 11:23 AM
i know them from expirence lol but going over that way it seems to be running fine today but going to make sure its all good

shroonie29
29-06-09, 11:26 AM
Check that harness,has been known to cause fires etc

Shroon

Simon's ZS-120
29-06-09, 11:39 AM
that was my first problem when i first got my zed but it was sitting still the starting running like **** and cut out but when we pluged a computer in error code fuel bank 1

Simon's ZS-120
30-06-09, 08:54 PM
well all is good the beast is running smooth as just aswell for south end this weekend as fast car and maxpower are going down

Ritchy
30-06-09, 08:58 PM
what was the problem, harness rubbed through at the ecu bracket? best thing to do is bend that bracked down to stop it happening! first thing i did when i got the car and advise you all to do it! it wears through and earths out the cables holding the injectors open, common fault on all 45's and zs's that come into my garage

Simon's ZS-120
30-06-09, 09:09 PM
well the night before i had put wins fuel injector cleaner in the tank and it was sorta doing its job and some grime got stuck on injector one causing a problem but it seems to have gone through now as i can get past 10mph now

Ritchy
30-06-09, 09:11 PM
lol, id still bend the bracket down to avoid any future problems with the loom

rob120+
30-06-09, 09:11 PM
What night is southend? might have to follow ya there??

Simon's ZS-120
30-06-09, 10:02 PM
were all meeting at 4 pm on sataday 4th july opisite reading gate in the industrial site the road is huge and looking to get over 100 cars then driving down in a huge convoy pm me if you wanna tag along make sure your car is shiny

Simon's ZS-120
01-07-09, 06:21 PM
my bad ant read its in south sea well down there not in it