PDA

View Full Version : Result from Reidy Remaps!

R1CSO
01-07-09, 07:24 PM
Well i popped over to see Mick (the diamond geezer) Stamford on sunday, who fitted my brand new plenum (which had brand new VIS motors and a brand new throttle body already fitted!) and my HID conversion lights.

Today i went over to Yeovil for the re-map......

Before gave 177bhp

After a few runs and a bit of tweeking we got 196bhp

It was a hot day (28C) so i should be gettin 200bhp on a cooler day and with a heat shield around my filter!! :punk:

(Only performance mods i got is de-cat, TVR Tuscan carbon backbox and my own induction kit with ITG filter in engine bay)

Cheers again Mick....luv ya!

Bobdope2002
01-07-09, 07:39 PM
Cheers again Mick....luv ya!

:blink::blink:

R1CSO
01-07-09, 07:42 PM
may have got a little carried away there, but he was bloody excellent and worked through the pain of his shagged back!

R1CSO
01-07-09, 08:05 PM
177 torques also, up from 152!

Craig
01-07-09, 08:33 PM
Thats impressive! Nice one!

shroonie29
01-07-09, 08:42 PM
Nice rsults :)
I'm considering a long drive down to Reidy myself ;)

Shroon

stamford
01-07-09, 08:43 PM
My pleasure Ric, glad to help. My daughter loves your car btw ;)

R1CSO
01-07-09, 08:53 PM
even with all the dead bugs on the windscreen!? lol

TjP
01-07-09, 09:13 PM
177 torques also, up from 152!

Was the low torque because of the old plenum?

I thought standard was 177lb-ft, and with mods it would be higher?? Im a bit confused cause I think Adam posted a few days ago with similar torque, but Im sure there was someone a few weeks ago with 190lb-ft with the usual mods.

Anyways though, thats a nice power figure for sure!!

afcbadam
01-07-09, 09:43 PM
the kv6 doesnt gain alot of torque tbh it gains a few bhp but not so much torque with that. the torque figure seems to be all over the place without a remap. risco before was 152ft lb, mine before was 161 ft lb but only 2 weeks before mine made 190 ft lb of torque on a different set of rollers. the remap mainly sorts the kv6 out and gets it back to standard torque (if it ever made that from the factory) rather than gain big power.

shroonie29
01-07-09, 09:46 PM
Most of the standard 180s' I've seen figures for only make around 170lbft

Shroon

shroonie29
01-07-09, 09:47 PM
Last time I was on the rollers [I] only made 170BHP with 177lbft lol

Shroon

afcbadam
01-07-09, 09:50 PM
they throw up all sorts of figure's. if you were to put 10 zs 180's in a drag race id put my car on then all finishing very very closely. there wouldnt be anything noticable in it

shroonie29
01-07-09, 09:52 PM
V true.
The tuner who did my roller test then took my car out to feel the flat area it showed on the rollers.
He said it went really well lol (she made 170 @ around 6,000 then no more lol)

Shroon

afcbadam
01-07-09, 10:00 PM
my 180 is roughly 16 bhp better than standard, puts out the same torque as standard. its very slightly quicker, but wont make a much of a difference in the real world, if any.
IMHO my mods have improved the acceleration a tiny amount bit but the noise level's a huge amount!!!

if your worried about how well your 180 goes, the best thing to do is to keep the plenum in good working order

stamford
01-07-09, 10:46 PM
What I found strange was Ric's torque and power curve, not one I have seen before, very odd with blips all over the range. The torque curve being the one that baffled me. Without a doubt the whole plenum design/mechanism and vis valve build quality makes a huge difference to the final figures and delivery. There is no consistency here which makes it very difficult to set a benchmark.

Ric's plenum was replaced Sunday morning, this was brand new and came complete with brand new power and balance vis units, brand new throttle body, pots and IACV. However it showed a healthy jump in output from 177 but I was surprised that it was low to start with considering it had an ITG, decat and custom rear silencer. I would have expected to see at least 185-190 with the ecu 'learning' these mods as best it can. Mine started with 190 before topping at 200 after mapping.

This only underlines what I said earlier in that there is no consistency in the build quality and it always comes back to the plenum and vis system which dictates the torque figures and eventual power delivery. If the torque dips early and takes time to recover then this will have an effect on the final power figure before it tails off towards the redline area.

If the balance valve operation can be tweaked then I'm sure there is scope for improving the torque curve therefore ramping up the power albeit slightly. For those running standard cams I think we are chasing that last 5bhp and at the mercy of build quality. Those running cams will benefit from the longer duration and another 10-12bhp at slightly higher revs where most people wouldn't probably notice or even take their car.

afcbadam
01-07-09, 10:51 PM
i personally think untill such time a new plenum is designed we are all going to see inconsistant power and torque figures. as mick underlines no plenum seems to be the same, they seem to have left the factory with inconsistant figures, and this seems to be showing on the rollers, and final in the figures after a re-map. untill a plenum is designed that will give a 180 a consistant power and torque figure this will always be an issue and a talking point. it also puts a big bold line under how bad the origional/standard plenum really is

shroonie29
01-07-09, 11:14 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/shroonie29/KV6graph.jpg

Is the official ZS180 power graph

Shroon

afcbadam
01-07-09, 11:27 PM
do you have any more?? a more detailed one? maybe my plenum isnt so fooked as mine is very similar to that?? just with higher numbers

shroonie29
01-07-09, 11:41 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/shroonie29/ScreenHunter_02Nov172236.jpg

All the MGR graphs as OE;)

Shtroon

Phate
02-07-09, 09:20 AM
I shall be visiting Reidy soon hopefully :)

Dan1971
02-07-09, 10:06 AM
My pleasure Ric, glad to help. My daughter loves your car btw ;)

The car .....:hmm:

I digress .... How much do these re-map / improvements cost ?

p_b82
02-07-09, 10:14 AM
£200 to £250 (or at least it was\is for the dervs), but best to give matt a call\txt or drop him a pm over on .org

stamford
02-07-09, 10:21 AM
The car .....:hmm:

I digress .... How much do these re-map / improvements cost ?

Worth every penny Dan.

afcbadam
02-07-09, 11:46 AM
mine was £200 cash!

made a good improvenent on my car even though the plenum isnt working 100%. my car was very flat between 4 and 5 k before it went in, this is now the best bit. it was also over fueling at the top end, matt also sorted this out. well worth the trip down there.

R1CSO
02-07-09, 04:40 PM
Yeah was £200 cash for me also.

ZS
02-07-09, 04:58 PM
mine was £200 cash!

made a good improvenent on my car even though the plenum isnt working 100%. my car was very flat between 4 and 5 k before it went in, this is now the best bit. it was also over fueling at the top end, matt also sorted this out. well worth the trip down there.

Where is Mat based?

Phate
02-07-09, 05:08 PM
Some 'er set! *dubs straw hat*

3 Kingfisher Close
Gazelle Road
Lynx Trading Estate
Yeovil
Somerset
BA20 2PJ

That's his address :)

Phate
02-07-09, 05:09 PM
£200 is a good price though. When my car is jigged and I have a new plenum and vis valves I'll give him a shout :)

Dave ZS-X
02-07-09, 05:23 PM
i dont doubt these maps are gaining something but i would like to see it verified before and after on another set of rollers.
I have seen my own car and other kv6's rolling roaded and each time it was run up it made slightly more power with no tweeking at all.
Mine was run at a place in chesterfield, brand spanking rollers and a pukka bloke and i was looking for some power i thought i was misssing, as it happened car was perferct and first time it was ran up it made 200 dead but we did multiple runs as we were checking afr's etc but we actually changed nothing at all yet each run it made just a nadge more power till the final run when it made 205 bhp...thats not the only time ive seen this either, you always need to do at least 4-5 runs imo to start getting a true reading and roller days only run once, twice at best.

Dave

Murray203ps
02-07-09, 05:55 PM
i dont doubt these maps are gaining something but i would like to see it verified before and after on another set of rollers.
I have seen my own car and other kv6's rolling roaded and each time it was run up it made slightly more power with no tweeking at all.
Mine was run at a place in chesterfield, brand spanking rollers and a pukka bloke and i was looking for some power i thought i was misssing, as it happened car was perferct and first time it was ran up it made 200 dead but we did multiple runs as we were checking afr's etc but we actually changed nothing at all yet each run it made just a nadge more power till the final run when it made 205 bhp...thats not the only time ive seen this either, you always need to do at least 4-5 runs imo to start getting a true reading and roller days only run once, twice at best.

Dave

I agree dave. A few runs are necessecary for the rollers to adjust for the car in question imo. Likewise i thought i'd be adjusting some parameters to gain a few horses when i went down to see matt but as it happened it made 210 straight away and ended at 213 after a few runs. I think matts rollers are pretty accurate as he reckons he put on his audi a3 which is factory spec and it made the exact figure the company quote. As we all know though rollers are funny things and can be different werever you go.

Phate
02-07-09, 06:17 PM
Well I'll be happy to do this then. I'll get my car dyno'd where it was done last time and got 185.3 (this was before the exhaust), I'll get my remap done and go back to the rollers to see what it says :)

Now who wants to pay for my remap :p

afcbadam
02-07-09, 06:26 PM
mine was the same, first run at reidy remaps, with exhaust and induction, it made 179 bhp. i said to matt thats low so he re-ran it, second time round it was 184 bhp iirc???? my car gained 5 bhp in 20 seconds?? without touching anything.

whilst he was remapping it, he done 2 runs, one immediatly after the another , he didnt change anything, it was run on the same map and it lost 4 bhp. 5 minutes later he re ran it again and it made what it did the first time round.

rolling roads are never going be 100% accurate, they are just a rough figure.

Dave ZS-X
02-07-09, 07:23 PM
another thing, superchips did a re map for the zs 180 that was supposed to gain 12 bhp but none of it was top end it was all mid range.
George knows his kv6's and he did 180 re maps that also showed no top end gain it was all mid range, roverdose also tried it with no joy...so if superchips and george and roverdose who lets face it all know their stuff, and all tried and failed to find extra peak power , then how come some bloke whos never seen a kv6 before can all of a sudden find a nice lump of extra top end power. ??

Dave

afcbadam
02-07-09, 08:11 PM
he gained about 12 bhp from mine. and a 11 ft lb torque. what ever he has done has definatally made a difference. its definatally better in 2nd and 3rd gear.

looking at my before and after graph, and looking at micks whilst i was down there, there is an improvement all the way through the rev range

stamford
02-07-09, 08:20 PM
So where has all of this come from then? A few weeks back it wasn't an issue and now some people have had success he gets questioned? Sounds like sour grapes to me. In order to question anything you will need hard facts to prove it beyond all reasonable doubt. Just because other 'experts' may not have succeeded does not mean they are correct in their assumptions or know their stuff.

In order to know something you must first understand it and therefore under the cause and effect.

Well if people have such an opinion no wonder we get nowhere with research and development, never give anyone the benefit of the doubt and experience. I went into this with an open mind and the result was better than expected. 28 years of engineering and a Masters Degree has taught me plenty and that is based on evidence and not bullshit.

R1CSO
02-07-09, 09:18 PM
Just left an M-reg M3 for dead, he was trying bless him but i pulled away nicely along a dual carrigeway. re-map going well :thumbsup:

carmadbaker
02-07-09, 09:26 PM
how much do they charge for a remap on the zeds then peeps? mine only pulled 185 on a warm day on sunday :( i want more!!!

talkingcars
02-07-09, 09:31 PM
£200 cash aparently.

carmadbaker
02-07-09, 09:33 PM
altho....really.....whats the point in chasing numbers? lol whether you have 120bhp or 300bhp......it doesn't REALLY matter aslong as the car still puts a smile on your face :) my zed certainly doesn't fail in that area!

talkingcars
02-07-09, 09:35 PM
but if it put more of a smile................

Phate
02-07-09, 09:35 PM
But it can put a BIGGER smile on your face :p

DeMoNPauL
03-07-09, 01:26 AM
So where has all of this come from then? A few weeks back it wasn't an issue and now some people have had success he gets questioned? Sounds like sour grapes to me. In order to question anything you will need hard facts to prove it beyond all reasonable doubt. Just because other 'experts' may not have succeeded does not mean they are correct in their assumptions or know their stuff.

Wasnt it only a matter of time?

If you look back in time there was many ZS 180 owners claiming 200 bhp with very little mods etc ie Back box.Decat and Induction.

Janspeed in Co-Hoots with MG Sport & Racing delved into this with the ZR 160 and the ZS180 and never got over a 20bhp increase with either car.

In order to know something you must first understand it and therefore under the cause and effect.

I am sure the said companies know what they are talking about.

MG S&R built some amazing cars and i am sure they knew there stuff.

Dave ZS-X
03-07-09, 07:55 AM
Spose if the customers happy thats all that matters but you cant possibly think a multi million pound massively successfull company like superchips who's whole business has been engine re mapping for donkeys years couldnt find top end bhp , yet a small independant garage could.
I had my car worked on by superchips as did Ed and they have access to everything to change any parameter they please yet top end gains were nill to negligible.I remember Ed going to superchips hq at buckingham, and spending a small fortune on live mapping after he had a cat back exhaust fitted and after it all it gained just 1 bhp top end.
If you want some serious bang for your buck slap a small shot of nos on your car, even a small 25 shot will out perform 10 re maps.

Dave

SticklesMickles
03-07-09, 08:57 AM
Personally i have been looking into these "cheap" remap options a little, here are my thoughts

1. cheap off the shelf remap/chip jobs are always crap, slightly uprated generic maps might gain a little, but should be avoided.

2. a proper remap needs to be setup to each engine, to do this you need to be monitoring fuel and det.

3. i have seen a few posts from people saying that the remaps they do, don't touch the ignition advance, WHY????? this is mental, this is FREE POWER being left on the table.

4. the superchips name, i will never trust, after hearing about the superchips "chip package" that was available to early impreza owners, which amounted to a FCD (fuel cut defender) and a bleed valve ??? WTF?

Personally i suspect they (these "mappers" are not touching the ignition advance because they are scared/not knowledgeable enough to prevent the blowing up of an engine, due to crap det/knock control, preferring to leave the stock ignition map in place and try and optimise the fueling instead to give a small gain.

I mapped my last car myself using an Apexi PFC ECU, and did a jolly good job, so i understand how and why remaps can have benefits, adding ignition advance, and using a higher ron fuel can give you free power and torque.

When somebody pays for a remap on these cars and then can still use 95 ron fuel, that to me is just a big fat waste of time.

When i did my first Subaru Map i took things very conservative, basically setup the fuel map first, making sure it was hitting the right AFR`s across the rev range, after this i started adding ignition advance, in small amounts, constantly tweaking and logging to make sure it was safe, until i managed to get approx 9-10 degrees more advance while on boost, granted this is not the same type of engine and turbos give better gains, but it netted me around 30bhp and around 45lbft LOL this is comparing my rolling road runs from before adding the timing on my "fueling correct base map" to my "fueling correct ignition added" final map, it helps that my mate owns his own rolling road ;)

This was mapped right to the extreme of 99ron fuel, i could not use 95 ron anymore, and could only use 97 ron on light throttle, i was actually considering adding some meths to the fuel to allow a few more degrees advance but stopped the project as it was getting toooooooo insane to drive on the roads IMO

Now regards to the ZS180 and adding more advance, i suspect it can take a bit, after all its specced to make its max power on 95 ron, it may be that the silly design of the VIS system is preventing the engine from making more top end power, if people only seam to be getting mid range gains, then this could be why, to be honest, midrange gains will give better street performance anyway.

Somebody should make/design a simple replacement inlet manifold with no hocus pocus valves in it, and try mapping the car properly for it, i suspect you would get more top end gains.

Has anybody took a 180, fitted the exhaust/filters and then had it mapped for a proper higher ron fuel?

p_b82
03-07-09, 09:26 AM
When i first went to see Matt the rollers down in yeovil were actually run by the main company performance3000, and my car on completely standard parts was about 6% up on torque and bhp... not really possible even for a 'good day'

However since Matt has taken over the remapping side and is the sole user of the rollers they do seem to be a lot mre accurate, backed up from a couple of different sources now..

For example a friend of mine has an old sirrocco which he has fitted a 20v corrado engine into, when we were there just a few weeks ago, Matt did a re-calibration for the file he had saved for the actual car.

I personally do not believe that Matt is the type to BS people with figures, and while i dont know whether he is touching the advance on the 180's, he sure as hell has been with the diesels.

the only problem we have had is that running upgraded (hybrid) turbo running over 22PSI with mild injectors fitted would cause head to lift... He has since worked out how to tweak things better and has taken the advance out again as he did not need it.

There a few diesel drivers who have had to get Matt's remaps turned down because they were too good and induced clutch slip! :)

Just cos a guy is an independant, does not mean that he does not know his stuff...

afcbadam
03-07-09, 09:47 AM
facts from 180 owners:-

1, i used him and im happy
2, mick has used him and hes happy
3, a few others have used him and they are all happy.

all of the cars in question have seen bhp increases all across the rev range and its definatally noticable on the road, my car is a lot better reving, its more happy to rev and this shows in the extra pull i have in the car.

so why is this in question???

So now you get the people saying he's fiddling graphs???? if your one of them then let me tell you something.... your a tosser.

it really pisses me off to see people's hard work slagged off. Matt has spent thousands and thousands of pounds on the latest equipment and technology and getting a reputation for him self, only for people to put that down on a forum.... that has many happy users of him

sorry to the guys that this doesnt apply to. rant over

stamford
03-07-09, 09:57 AM
In my original thread I discussed what went on and why. I could have gained more if I had chosen a higher grade of fuel, like V-Power or BP Ultimate but personally chose the lower 95RON purely on cost. Considering I do around 350 miles a week commuting, the extra cost would have been unjustifiable if using 97/98RON. Yes it would be nice to have the extra horses but I am not that desperate for them.

Matt has spent alot of time and effort on his remaps and has many satisified customers, especially on the K-series and diesel engines. However as mentioned before he did very little on KV6 as no-one was willing to offer one to try, not surprising as most KV6 owners are indeed sceptical about chipping and remapping. I can also be included here I might add! I do believe after a days running on the dyno and studying the standard map that Matt has interrogated that he knows where to tweak them and where to leave them alone.

I can only take my hat off to the man for attempting to take this on and really understand the KV6 and work with it until such time gains were made. Okay the gains that were seen were not as we both had hoped but at least there were improvements from the original figures and that was the point of the exercise.

Sometimes you can be working too closely on something and fail to spot the obvious or be blinkered by opinion or by not thinking outside of the box. With Matt he applied his knowledge and with a fresh attitude looked at the whole application from a different perspective.

I know opinions will vary as that is the nature of the business, we all have choices and will always be sceptical about claims. As a personal choice I am more than happy with the results and that is not just reading a piece of paper or reading a screen. I have been involved with motorsport for many years and never take much notice of what figures are produced and only measure the improvements, if any, when on the road as that is where the differences are measured. I have used many rolling roads down the years and yes they do vary as there is very little done to police the calibration. The only way to gauge improvements is to use the same set up everytime and use this for comparative results. I did this many times when trying to solve the fueling issues on my old Audi GT supersaloon, took several weeks and runs to iron this out and during this time logged the readings.

I think I have gone on long enough. Obviously the jury is still out and will be for sometime. I'm more than happy so will leave it there.

SticklesMickles
03-07-09, 12:15 PM
Its easy enough for anybody to "fudge" a rolling road result if they know what they are doing, hell, even pumping up the tyres for a second run will give different results!

People should never get hung up on figures to an extent, the main use for a rolling road IMO is to judge your mods, travelling from different rolling roads and getting different figures means nothing, its better to pick one, and use that one over and over again, to see if your mods are having an effect.

The Subaru and Evo lads are generally numpties in this respect, preferring to go to "Place X" because they will get a better result over "Place Y" a completely ridicules practise, me personally, i would prefer to go to the one that's known for offering lower figures, as the chances are, you are probably getting real results and not fudged results where the rolling road operator held the handbrake on a little bit, or never fully backed off the throttle for the coast down to affect the calculations ;)

Nothing wrong with remapping a car IMO, but a simple "fuel map optimisation" is never going to give what i would consider "good" results, unless the map currently in the car is not giving good AFR`s for the current mods/engine spec

Diesel remapping/tuning is a slighty different kettle of fish :D i had an old vectra derv that used to run 1.35bar boost, that was pretty nippy, although i was using about 1 head gasket per year LOL :D and killed a head, plus a turbo :D

SticklesMickles
03-07-09, 12:19 PM
In my original thread I discussed what went on and why. I could have gained more if I had chosen a higher grade of fuel, like V-Power or BP Ultimate but personally chose the lower 95RON purely on cost. Considering I do around 350 miles a week commuting, the extra cost would have been unjustifiable if using 97/98RON. .

Have you thought about the possible increased MPG benefits, having a more efficient engine running a higher ron fuel ?

if you can increase the ignition advance safely at say 3krpm, without adding in extra fuel to help cool the cylinders, then you will gain power/torque and MPG.

its a win win situation.

afcbadam
03-07-09, 01:01 PM
the last place i went to, and peterzs will back me up on this as he went with me often have civic type r's there. he said all the type r's they get in only run at around 180 bhp and never above 185 bhp on his rollers. even though honda claim they are 197 bhp when they leave the factory. my zs that mg claimed was 177 bhp ran what it was susposed to run, so whats up with these honda's??

ReidyRemapsLtd
03-07-09, 01:19 PM
Hi guys its Matt here,

I have been reading this thread and i can see that there are some people doubting my work. All i can say is feel free to come down and put your car on my dyno and il dyno it and map it in front of you you can see me sorting the airfuel ratios out and watch the power go up.

I have seen maps done by other companies and it seems most companies dont understand this ecu so its no suprise if they dont get good gains. most just increase the timing and say thats it all done.

But you can control the vis and you can get power from sorting the fueling add this together with a bit of timing and your looking at soome good power.

one thing i will say is that no car has been the same on the dyno the plenum and vis plays a big part in the torque and power delivered and it being setup slightly wrong will give odd torque figures.

Feel free to ask away.

Cheers guys Matt

StragglaSteve
03-07-09, 01:35 PM
I assume these remaps are done with a new ecu installed?

as i was always told the standard MG ecu is unmappable :oldtimer:

ReidyRemapsLtd
03-07-09, 03:17 PM
I assume these remaps are done with a new ecu installed?

as i was always told the standard MG ecu is unmappable :oldtimer:

No with the stock ecu and the ecu is very mappable. and through the obd port as well which most people will tell you isnt possible.

You just need the right kit.

:wizard:

stamford
03-07-09, 03:42 PM
:hi: aboard Matt, glad to see you here and answering questions which is what we need.

:thankyou:

Phate
03-07-09, 04:23 PM
Hey Matt,

I'll be giving you a shout in a few weeks time hopefully :) - Time for a reeeeemaaap :D

afcbadam
03-07-09, 04:25 PM
as matt said all work is done in front of you, my fueling was all over the place and timing wasnt great. matt soon sorted this out, and mapped the car from that point. although i didnt make as much power as mick, as my plenum has issues i still noticed a difference and im very happy with the result.

people spend £400 for an exhaust system that will give you 5bhp but are reluctant to spend £200 on a remap that can give 10-12 bhp. my question is why??

DeMoNPauL
04-07-09, 02:22 AM
Hi guys its Matt here,

I have been reading this thread and i can see that there are some people doubting my work. All i can say is feel free to come down and put your car on my dyno and il dyno it and map it in front of you you can see me sorting the airfuel ratios out and watch the power go up.

I have seen maps done by other companies and it seems most companies dont understand this ecu so its no suprise if they dont get good gains. most just increase the timing and say thats it all done.

But you can control the vis and you can get power from sorting the fueling add this together with a bit of timing and your looking at soome good power.

one thing i will say is that no car has been the same on the dyno the plenum and vis plays a big part in the torque and power delivered and it being setup slightly wrong will give odd torque figures.

Feel free to ask away.

Cheers guys Matt

Why has it took you so long to do this?

When can we see one of your mapped cars at Santa pod or on a trackday etc to see if your mapping actually works?

The only way you will gain any trust is by real time recording etc

R1CSO
04-07-09, 07:08 AM
I'd deffo be up for a santa pod day!

talkingcars
04-07-09, 07:12 AM

When can we see one of your mapped cars at Santa pod or on a trackday etc to see if your mapping actually works?

I disagree, he has mapped several KV6's now, every owner has reported an improvment in mid range which is where it really counts.

The only "garage" who seems to specialise in ZS's seems to find faults that the drivers didn't know they had.

Until customers start to report that their Reidy remap hasn't made a difference I will believe that it has.

ReidyRemapsLtd
04-07-09, 07:46 AM

I dont understand what you mean by why has it tok me so long to do this?

I will be at santa pad from the 31st of july for ultimate street car and will bring my mapping kit along although mapping the zs 180 for max power can't be done unless on a dyno anyone who says it can is just looking to make money not provide a service.

Although there is a dyno at santa pod for this event.

At the end of the day i dont hide anything you can see every map being changed by me sat next to the car on the dyno then watch me load it into the car and do another power run, the cars are never done first time and sometimes it takes up to 15 times for me to be happy I cant get anymore.

Cheers Matt

idge2003
04-07-09, 08:05 AM
Matt when funds allow I will be heading your way I've heard enough to make my mind up and to be fair the extra power will be nice but my main reason would be to get the fueling right as I understand this can be thrown out with mods!

Brett

ReidyRemapsLtd
04-07-09, 08:12 AM
Matt when funds allow I will be heading your way I've heard enough to make my mind up and to be fair the extra power will be nice but my main reason would be to get the fueling right as I understand this can be thrown out with mods!

Brett

No problem my contact details are all on my website so just give me a call or txt when you are ready.

Cheers Matt

talkingcars
04-07-09, 08:30 AM
No problem my contact details are all on my website so just give me a call or txt when you are ready.

Cheers Matt

http://www.reidyremaps.co.uk/

SticklesMickles
04-07-09, 08:40 AM
I keep meaning to hook up my LC-1 wideband and do a few logging runs to see how my cars fuelling is doing, but always forget all about it when i am back at work :D

I am wondering what the results would be if somebody butchered an inlet, removed all the VIS crap and then redid the map from scratch as a proper non VIS map.

I downloaded the demo for WINols although you seam to be limited with it as you cant actually use it without the OBD2 lead, which i have still not bought lol

stamford
04-07-09, 09:04 AM
Matt was intending to do this but would require a car for a couple of weeks. They do have a Rover 75 KV6 but the engine was found to be duff.

If you wish to remove all of the vis system why not use an 800 manifold? Not sure what ecu the 800 uses but it can't be far off the same specification you are describing.

As for new plenums I am waiting on the results of Lunar Racing's R&D one, but there is no project plan for that, so no kowing when this will be, if ever.

afcbadam
04-07-09, 09:32 AM

or buy word of a 180 owwner that has noticed a difference, why cant people take other people's word. there are 3 or 4 people on here that have had the remap done and all have noticed a difference. isnt that good enough??

stamford
04-07-09, 10:39 AM
You'll never be able to please everyone, there will always be sceptics regarding certain areas of the KV6. I too was sucked into this train of thought until I snapped out of it and decided to find out for myself. I soon found out that there was no evidence to back up the claims that it was fruitless in search of remapping.

As the old saying goes 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating'.

Phate
04-07-09, 10:41 AM
You simply can't please everyone, and some will try to find out every single morsle detail for...no reason what so ever. Just to try and catch the mapper out. At the end of the day the results are proven and theres no real solid reason not too do it. It's not asif it's another supercharger scenario is it :)

stamford
04-07-09, 10:55 AM
When I spoke to Matt regarding using my car as the test bed I did so knowing full well the opinions of owners and tuners alike.

We both went into this session with an open mind and seeing what was available within the standard map and then interrogating it in order to tweak where possible without compromising the quality. The bottom line here is if the session proved to be unsuccessful I would not be charged for the days work. Obviously as an engineer I was watching the work in progress and getting an understanding on what was being done and the cause and effect.

If I had any doubts about Matt's work I would not have gone through with it, but why would I doubt a fellow professional? He has had alot of success on other remaps therefore had the upmost respect for his work. It's a pity some people doubt this just because he has succeeded. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes and mind is all that is required, sometimes you can be too close to something to see it.

starfire039
04-07-09, 11:14 AM
If I had a 180, I'd take it to Matt. Respected forum members have had good results backed up with evidence... if George and whoever else couldn't do it, well the evidence is on paper, so they just can't do what Reidy does... simple.

ReidyRemapsLtd
04-07-09, 01:21 PM
I keep meaning to hook up my LC-1 wideband and do a few logging runs to see how my cars fuelling is doing, but always forget all about it when i am back at work :D

I am wondering what the results would be if somebody butchered an inlet, removed all the VIS crap and then redid the map from scratch as a proper non VIS map.

I downloaded the demo for WINols although you seam to be limited with it as you cant actually use it without the OBD2 lead, which i have still not bought lol

Also with the demo you cant export a file so you cant make one and put it in your car you need the full version. :)

ReidyRemapsLtd
04-07-09, 01:33 PM
On another note I did 2 TF remaps today and dyno'd 2 others which had been remapped by superchips and one other comapny who I wont mention as the may frequent this forum.

Both cars I dyno'd made less than stock power and both were over fueling a lot in the top ranges especially.

The two cars I remapped made a good 10 and 12bhp respectively and also had a good fueling ratio of between 12.5:1 and 12.9:1 compared to 9.2:1 of the other companies remaps. some comapines think that by adding fuel you get more power this isnt true in most cases and this is also another reason generic tunes shouldnt be used as the superchips map may have worked on the car they did it on but every car is different and so is the enviroment so its no good tuning a car in germany and saying this file will work on all.

The customers were happy and the two cars that were tuned by the other companies are now coming back to have there cars properly tuned so they arent over fueling and they can make some decent power.

The graphs will all be avaliable on the .org forum soon as they wanted to post them up so feel free to look in the TF section and see what other customers have to say about my work.

Phate
04-07-09, 02:53 PM
Matt please ignore the nay Sayers, you will always get people who want to question everything and just aren't satisfied. I know full well you'll be getting my car when I can afford the map :)

Dan1971
04-07-09, 04:20 PM
What's done it for me is that everyone who's been down to you, has come away happy. Now if there are issues with your rollers and the figures ... I'm not that bothered.....the people themselves, (well respected and highly thought of), have testified to the fact that their car just drives better, and that, my friend, is all we're after.

Whatever I get .... be it a 180 , a diesel, or non-MG .... I'm coming to you. :thumbsup:

R1CSO
04-07-09, 06:02 PM
i went to him all the way from the isle of wight and i was well pleased.

stamford
04-07-09, 06:05 PM
Indeed you did Ric, did you get that HID issue sorted?

afcbadam
04-07-09, 06:28 PM
reidy, this is off topic but i mentioned you to my friend, he has a 2003 astra gsi turbo, its completly standard at 197 bhp, what can one of your remaps get this up to?? how much do you charge to do one of these?? hes been considering the phase 1 from regal autosport, that are just up the road and they claim their software will take a standard z20let to around 235bhp.

R1CSO
04-07-09, 07:41 PM
Indeed you did Ric, did you get that HID issue sorted?

sent the faulty ballast back this morning. they will send me a replacement :mml:

R1CSO
04-07-09, 08:52 PM
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/riccard0/DSC00087.jpg
My Car at Reidy Remaps
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/riccard0/th_DSC00095.jpg (http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/riccard0/?action=view&current=DSC00095.flv)

afcbadam
04-07-09, 09:04 PM
like those rear lights, they look mean!

R1CSO
04-07-09, 09:16 PM
why :thankyou: young man :wolverine:

afcbadam
05-07-09, 12:41 AM
R1CSO do you have a pic of your graph??

R1CSO
05-07-09, 06:48 AM
i do, i'll try and stick it up later 2day mate

R1CSO
05-07-09, 10:54 AM
here it is
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/riccard0/readout.jpg

afcbadam
05-07-09, 11:01 AM
torque looks lumpy at the top end but it stays up there very well. every graph i have seem on the 180 is identical up to 4000rpm then after that they are all completley different. its all to do with the bloddy plenum.

R1CSO
05-07-09, 11:28 AM
my plenum was brand new

SticklesMickles
05-07-09, 06:47 PM
Also with the demo you cant export a file so you cant make one and put it in your car you need the full version. :)

IMO they should have included a few "demo" files to play with, the same way that datalogit and such seam to :)

SticklesMickles
05-07-09, 06:50 PM
here it is
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/riccard0/readout.jpg

Is the dip at approx 3k due to one of the valves opening ?

Mine seams to dip in torque just before 3k ish and to be honest it is a pain in the arse IMO!

R1CSO
05-07-09, 06:55 PM
yeah it is around the 3k mark

SticklesMickles
05-07-09, 06:55 PM
Ps here is 2 of my old cars RR results

the first one is my "safe map"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Sticky/rolling%20road%20tester/DSCN1424.jpg

and this is the one when i added approx 9 degrees extra timing in, although this run was unfortunately only done on 3 cylinders and a bloody piston ringland cracked :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Sticky/Stuff%20for%20forums/DSCN1425.jpg

still a "cracking" (pun intended) result for a 3 pot engine lmfao!

afcbadam
05-07-09, 09:13 PM
my plenum was brand new

yea i know, just saying how inconsistaant they are. none seem to be the same, even from when they left the factory

ReidyRemapsLtd
06-07-09, 09:23 AM
reidy, this is off topic but i mentioned you to my friend, he has a 2003 astra gsi turbo, its completly standard at 197 bhp, what can one of your remaps get this up to?? how much do you charge to do one of these?? hes been considering the phase 1 from regal autosport, that are just up the road and they claim their software will take a standard z20let to around 235bhp.

Hi there,

Yes we can do this car and we would expect 35-40bhp increase on it if the car was in good condition.

Regal are pretty good with the vauxhaulls but we can do the car also.

Regards Matt