PDA

View Full Version : Broken plastic bit on my clutch arm thingy?

vinny1979
08-07-09, 12:38 PM
Any ideas? I dont know if its always been like this. but my pedal has always sat high, its a little plastic piece near the clutch arm on the gearbox?

sheddist kit on the way me thinks

:whip:

please excuse worst pic in history

its just im going on holiday down to devon next week. Dont want any issues!!

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1807/spa0074.jpg

shroonie29
08-07-09, 12:41 PM
The whit plastic part is what holds the slave in storage/transportation.
Once fitted the first time the clutch pedal is pressed it snaps

Shroon

arwilson80
08-07-09, 12:42 PM
I can't see the pic, but is it a white / creamy coloured piece?

If it is then never worry. It's just to keep the piston back when it's new. First time it's used it breaks.

EDIT: Ach... Beaten to it. :)

vinny1979
08-07-09, 12:51 PM
ah. damn it .

Well my pedaal is stillhigh and I like to keep the car in top shape so I feel as if I will get sheddists kit anyway after my holiday next week

Stupid high clutch pedal.

stamford
08-07-09, 03:03 PM
The sheddist kit does allow a small amount of pedal adjustment, two different length clevis pins and a pedal stop included. Well worth getting the kit after changing mine over. You don't realise how fragile the master and slave is until you have one go and remove it.

vinny1979
08-07-09, 03:49 PM
thanks guys

Dan1971
08-07-09, 04:01 PM
Made me think ..... "that's why he's selling it .... " :look:

vinny1979
08-07-09, 05:24 PM
Made me think ..... "that's why he's selling it .... " :look:

im not selling!

But if I was everything on the car will be tip top from mechanicals right down to rust proofing and anything else I can do to it.

I sell a car as I'd buy it. These cars as ive said before were never given the proper treatment at the mgrover plant they deserved. With all the " project drive" stuff added, underseal, decent clutch kit and new/recon vis / plenums these cars are fantastic and should last many years , as they ( mk2s) are v rare as we all know its worth spending a few £ to keep them that way

:love: