PDA

View Full Version : panel filter vs induction kit

edmo
08-07-09, 09:59 PM
i am toying with the idea of putting induction kit on and cold air feed etc. i only have the 120 though so is there any significant gain in getting the whole works or would a decent ptp panel filter give comparable gains for sod all work? i know the kits look and sound far better but agt the end of the day my bonnet is always down so who cares what it looks like under there!

30 quid for panel filter versus 130 quid for decent induction kit and cold air feed - what is the opinion out there?

starfire039
08-07-09, 10:29 PM
could do what I did- got a panel filter and relocated the cold air feed. If you look at standard it's in the corner behind the battery getting hot air, I pushed it down and screwed to to a hole in the inner wing. I needed to remove the wheel arch lining to access it, very easy, and made the car feel more lively. I'd do that, spend the difference on a 52mm throttle body to be honest, you won't get that much more if you get a proper induction kit, you're still getting nice cool air, and the general "opinion" is that the 52mm TB is optimal for the 120, many people have done it and are very happy with it, so it must be worth a shot.

XPCobra
08-07-09, 11:16 PM
In my experience i've found K&N and PiperX panel filters to be more restrictive than a brand new oem filter ( on a few MG/R cars) so i'd have to say a PROPER induction kit* or just leave it

* BMC CDA or the ITG Maxogen, no open cone stuff.