PDA

View Full Version : Complaint about Forum Products!

Tony10
14-07-09, 11:11 AM
I was washing my car the other day and G from my site sticker fell off with the sponge, Then today i went out and the T had fallen off in the rain. I think there must be a quality control issue just shocking! I paid for the item in good faith recieved a poor product!:thumbsdown:

Anyway I was just having a go Alan or other site moderator when you read this can I have a new one please? Ill send the cash!

Dont read this the wrong way it, I was expecting this to happen with the sticker at some point! thought it might have lasted a little longer! :clap:

Tony!

ThumpJunkie
14-07-09, 11:54 AM
Your sticker adhesion technique must be pish! If these are put on correctly they are a ****** to get off.

arwilson80
14-07-09, 11:57 AM
What colour were yours?

Mine have been on 2 years (almost) and never had any issues. Was the window clean & dry when you put them on?

Tony10
14-07-09, 12:07 PM
Nah they were on the black bib on the rear of the Mk2 Bumper. The bumper was clean and dry and sticker went on correctly. I have much experiece of putting stickers on used to help my freinds dad to decal his racing car and recently two cars for the carrera gt cup!

However sometimes the glue just doesnt hold! I have a suspision that Back to Black spray i sometimes use may have done so,mthing to it!

Alan can I have two small stickers please. I aint going to put them back on the Bib! Going on the two passeneger side lights! Do you still have the silver ones left?

R8NMG
14-07-09, 01:41 PM
they were on the black bib on the rear of the Mk2 Bumper.

There is the problem. Don't think those black plastic bits would be very good to stick things on.

arwilson80
14-07-09, 03:01 PM
However sometimes the glue just doesnt hold! I have a suspision that Back to Black spray i sometimes use may have done somthing to it!

That'll be why. It's oil based... clean it with some sort of spirits that'll not damage the plastic and then 'Back to Black' it again.

...and yeah, there are some of all sizes of the silver ones.

Tony10
14-07-09, 04:08 PM
I did clean it with nail varnish remover before applying it! I meant back to black put on it after it was stuck on. I have no doubts that my method was right surface was clean from oils and dirt and dry before applying decal.

Anyway Alan How much will I be for 2 small silver stickers? Ill send the money tonight!

peterzs
14-07-09, 04:23 PM
OPS I put my holagraphic on the black bib after a rub with a cloth after the Brighton meet still PLEASED with it
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/peterzs/2009_0504FUJICAMERAFOLDER20006.jpg

Jay-ZS+
14-07-09, 04:48 PM
Mines on there too but not had any problems with it! Although If it was cleaned with some waxy products first could be why I just cleaned it warm water and tried with mf cloth and jobs a good'en

arwilson80
14-07-09, 09:50 PM
anyway alan how much will i be for 2 small silver stickers? Ill send the money tonight!

£3.50

Tony10
14-07-09, 10:02 PM
Ok ill send the cash in 2 mins!

Do you have my Address from the last time?

arwilson80
15-07-09, 08:43 AM
Yip. I still have it. I'm a hoarder. :blush: