PDA

View Full Version : My car is 04 anyone got one around that year,Whats your paintwork like on the bumper

Jem
19-07-09, 08:56 PM
My front bumper was looking very good just like when it left the showroom but i cant say the back is like it,The back bumper has stone chips and you can see little bits peeing off,Im having a bit of work done in the bodyshop i dont really want to have it resprayed but it does let the car down,The car has beeen a bit of a nightmare since it came out of the showroom feels like it was a monday morning job or friday afternoon job,Ive had older cars where the paint work looks good,such a let down

will-w
19-07-09, 09:31 PM
I've got a 54 (Feb 2005) ZS in Black Pearl and the paint is pretty much spot-on... Apart from stone chips on the front bumper & one patch of dodgy lacquer on the bonnet (I suspect caused by bird poo)

Maybe your bumper has been resprayed?

edmo
19-07-09, 09:42 PM
mine is 53 and spot on without even stone chips except for one patch near nearside rear wheel arch just below door. Laquer is starting to peel but I am getting round to sorting it soon LOL

Jem
19-07-09, 10:06 PM
I've got a 54 (Feb 2005) ZS in Black Pearl and the paint is pretty much spot-on... Apart from stone chips on the front bumper & one patch of dodgy lacquer on the bonnet (I suspect caused by bird poo)

Maybe your bumper has been resprayed?

Now its not been resprayed its come straight from the showroom,The rest of the car is fine.

mine is 53 and spot on without even stone chips except for one patch near nearside rear wheel arch just below door. Laquer is starting to peel but I am getting round to sorting it soon LOL

Thinking about it it could be the Laquer thats peeling,But the bumper looks a bit of a mess,When i go in the bodyshop ill ask them what can be done.

talkingcars
20-07-09, 05:32 AM
Does this thread win for "thread with the longest title"?

Jem
20-07-09, 07:01 AM
Yea i hope so,Do i get a new car....

R8NMG
20-07-09, 10:34 AM
Mine is a July 2004. No real issues with the paintwork but have to say it doesn't cope with stone chips very well.

will-w
20-07-09, 10:49 AM
Now its not been resprayed its come straight from the showroom,The rest of the car is fine.

Doesn't mean anything sadly...

When I was doing my evening course down at the college in vehicle restoration we had a Rover 75 on the Jig that had been on a prang while on a test drive. Wasn't an insurance jobby, they paid the college to repair it and then they stuck it back on the forecourt!:blink: And they had us students working on it!

So, if someone owns a blue/green Rover 75 that you bought from the MG-Rover garage in Ashford in 2004-2005 (can't remember which) then you may well have a nasty surprise! :noexpression:

Couldn't tell the difference, if I do say so myself! :D

Jem
20-07-09, 11:31 AM
O i see now that would make sense,Didn't think about it like that.