PDA

View Full Version : Insurance companys:For mods so it doesnt go up everytime i add

Jem
22-07-09, 09:38 AM
Is there any insurance companys that dont bump up the price everytime you add something,Im with LV and its £267.96 and they said it will be a extra £20 to add a spoiler and sideskirts.

So i filled out a online quote from adrian flux and when it came to mods i just put down spoiler and skirts,And i got a shocking quote £426.18

I dont mind paying a bit more if i dont have to keep paying out when i add something.

StragglaSteve
22-07-09, 11:09 AM
erm.. im with adrian flux.. they didnt charge me extra when i called them up to say i have upgraded the spoiler....

Simon's ZS-120
22-07-09, 11:27 AM
er dont tell em lol

Jem
22-07-09, 11:29 AM
Yea sorry my mistake i thought it was one like LV where they would bump the price up.

I did phone them up thinking it was a bit to much untill they said it doesn't matter what i add it wont change unless i alter the power of the car.

Should of phoned them up first.

I did wonder why it was alot more then what im paying now.

Simon's ZS-120
22-07-09, 12:07 PM
lol bet you feel abit better now

SticklesMickles
22-07-09, 01:26 PM
er dont tell em lol

Bad idea, your insurance is void, what about in a crash, worth getting points on your licence from some irate copper because you skimmped on a few pennies ?

My kid brother added some bonnet vents to a nova years ago when he was a youngun, had a crash, and it all went tits up for him.........

Bonnet vents arguably made no difference what so ever to why he actually crashed, but that is an argument you simply can not make when you are in the wrong

Jem
22-07-09, 02:08 PM
erm.. im with adrian flux.. they didnt charge me extra when i called them up to say i have upgraded the spoiler....

Do they still charge you admin costs whenever you change anything?

lol bet you feel abit better now

I sure do,Now i have to decide do i pay the extra money to LV or Do i not put it on my car untill my insurance runs out in december which i will then go to adrian flux,Or do i now pay £30 to cancel my insurance and then go with adrian flux and pay £426.18.Me has some thinking...

er dont tell em lol

Bad idea, your insurance is void, what about in a crash, worth getting points on your licence from some irate copper because you skimmped on a few pennies ?

My kid brother added some bonnet vents to a nova years ago when he was a youngun, had a crash, and it all went tits up for him.........

Bonnet vents arguably made no difference what so ever to why he actually crashed, but that is an argument you simply can not make when you are in the wrong

I would never ever do that its not worth it i know how they work,I use to work for a insurance company ok not cars but it was still the same kind of thing,If something wasn't right then i would have to void it.

will-w
22-07-09, 07:56 PM
Do they still charge you admin costs whenever you change anything?

Nope!

I had a modified policy with Flux and it was great, the only thing they charged me for was dropping a different engine into the CRX (went from 130bhp non-vtec to 170bhp vtec, and cost £20) :D

Jem
22-07-09, 10:17 PM
Well its now time to phone LV again and ask them how much it would cost to add all the things i can think of to the body,Just to see if it would go over the quote that flux has given me.

tb steve
22-07-09, 10:23 PM
greenlight insurance for me :)

420 all in with all mods mani's exhaust air filter etc etc
phoned them up about the cams fitted and all the charged me was the admin fee £25 and i got an extra 3 point (6 in total :( ) not a penny extra

to be honest i would not tell them as some came with spoiler and sideskirts some did not (how do they know you dont have them fitted already)
so as far as your insurance company or anybodys cars insurance is consurned we all have them fitted dont we :)

Jem
23-07-09, 07:40 AM
Well its now time to phone LV again and ask them how much it would cost to add all the things i can think of to the body,Just to see if it would go over the quote that flux has given me.

Sod adrain flux

Im sticking with LV

Just phoned them up and asked him all the things i might add as i was going through the list he said o are you wanting full modiification to the body if you do then its £22 i and i can do anything i want,I then said about changing the colour of the wheels he said thats fine you dont even need to tell us about the change of colour.

stamford
23-07-09, 08:18 AM
The majority of 'high street' insurance companies will charge you for additional mods if they have them on their list, minor mods being an admin fee at most. My last mods were an admin fee, bucket seat and harness being an interior mod, also suspension changes included even though I haven't had them done yet. Forgot the 18" wheels as well!

jp kelly
23-07-09, 05:54 PM
im with quinn direct and so long as i dont modify the engine or lower the car, anything i do to it cosmetically i dont need to tell them about which is fair enough