PDA

View Full Version : How easy / difficult is it to change a mk1 front to a mk2 front?

rbull51
25-07-09, 09:51 AM
I know a few of you have done it but is it an easy upgrade? I have heard that the headlight electrical plugs/connections are different but are all the other bumper fixings and fittings the same?? Some pictures would be good.

Jay-ZS+
26-07-09, 06:23 AM
not very difficult apart from the headlights connectors being wire on to the loom, problem of mounting fogs on bumper and ob the 120 the battery tray in the way. its pretty much bolt straight on , Im helping one of the guys on here do his next month :)

rbull51
26-07-09, 06:53 AM
Be good if you could take some photo's when you do it. (a how to ??)

Marky Mark
26-07-09, 09:21 AM
James is giving me a hand with the conversion, cheers mate :D

I have had some requests to take pics etc, so I will have my camera and take pics as we do the job together no worries, and put in the 'How To' section. :snap:

skyblueads
26-07-09, 12:05 PM
It's pretty easy. You need headlamp connectors from a MkII to connect the headlamps, just solder them on. On the back of the MkII bumper is a locator that you need to remove as it will butt up against the MkI crash bar. The MkII has a slot cut to help locate the bumper you see. I'm pretty sure I've uploaded photos of when I did mine.

skyblueads
26-07-09, 12:10 PM
Here you go:

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=5566