PDA

View Full Version : Interesting letter from Peter Stevens

skyblueads
29-07-09, 08:55 PM
Designer of the Zeds and the SV in this months Enjoying MG:

Interestingly of the ZS he says this:

"As for investment in the ZS range, the Phoenix Board of directors and most of the othe MG Rover directors hated the car, could not wait to see the back of it and certainly did not want to waste any money on it. In Engineering, Rob Oldaker was a notable if low key exception, I think he secretly rather liked the car. The struggle myself and engineer David Linley had to get the face lift and high performance versions approved was exhausting, but I still think that they were great cars to drive quickly."

stamford
29-07-09, 09:11 PM
Just goes to show any company can have the wrong people in the wrong positions making poor judgements! I think it is safe to say that the ZS will have a cult following purely because some of us like the underdog.

Southside_ZS
29-07-09, 09:51 PM
How could they of hated it? The MK2 ZS with the full kit was by far the best looking car in the range in my opinion.

arwilson80
30-07-09, 09:02 AM
How could they of hated it? The MK2 ZS with the full kit was by far the best looking car in the range in my opinion.

+ 1

..and the ZR suited the MKI 'face'

Tony10
30-07-09, 11:51 AM
If they had put there money into the ZS and not the SV then they could have challenged the evo's and scoobies. All it needed was 4 wheel drive and a turbo kit on the v6 and they would have still been making MG's. However it goes to show another poor decision from the Rover Bunch!

peterzs
30-07-09, 01:18 PM
From what I can remember it was said that the money went into the Big 4 pension plans, not into any of the cars.:p:p:p

RudeDogg1
30-07-09, 04:34 PM
good point lol

vinny1979
30-07-09, 06:11 PM

+2