PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed a Chrysler 300c earlier! :)

Noon180
30-07-09, 11:20 PM
I was out in Cov earlier today minding my own business in the Zed, when I realised I was in the wrong lane for the dual carriage-way at a set of lights. Sat next to me was a 300c Diesel estate. Thinking nothing of it I drove forward at a normal pace and thought I could nip in front of him to come off at my exit. As soon as he realised what he was up to I heard his massive diesel kick down a notch! So I blasted him in 3rd gear! Bet he'll think twice before he tries that on with a ZS again. lol :D

stamford
31-07-09, 07:24 AM
They are pretty big and heavy mind ;)

I had a sprint with an Alfa this morning, I pulled in to let him go as it was getting a little silly, it was a 2.4 JTD. I was surprised at the performance it had, it kept up with me until I decided enough was enough, I had to slow down for traffic on the dual carriageway and then he caught me up. Hardly surprising considering the torque it has, my god 284lbft! I will be looking to see what they will offer when chipped.

Yampiedog
31-07-09, 08:02 AM
They are pretty big and heavy mind ;)

I had a sprint with an Alfa this morning, I pulled in to let him go as it was getting a little silly, it was a 2.4 JTD. I was surprised at the performance it had, it kept up with me until I decided enough was enough, I had to slow down for traffic on the dual carriageway and then he caught me up. Hardly surprising considering the torque it has, my god 284lbft! I will be looking to see what they will offer when chipped.

They are a sub 8 sec car IIRC. The 180 would probably struggle against it on a rolling start as opposed to off the mark.

will-w
31-07-09, 08:04 AM
The guy in the Chrysler either wasn't trying or couldn't drive for toffee!:unsure:

The v6 diesel in those things produces like 220bhp and 380lb-ft of torque... Granted there's like 700kg difference between the two, but that should have easily given a 180 a run for it's money...

StragglaSteve
31-07-09, 08:16 AM
The guy in the Chrysler either wasn't trying or couldn't drive for toffee!:unsure:

The v6 diesel in those things produces like 220bhp and 380lb-ft of torque... Granted there's like 700kg difference between the two, but that should have easily given a 180 a run for it's money...

I donno...

the mrk 1 180 has a kerb weight of 1285kg

and assuming its a chrysler 300c 3.0 v6 crd...that has a kerb weight of 1910kg

which means power to weight ratio.. the MG should be up by about 25bhp

not a massive ammount more.. but leight weight will always be nippyer :thumbsup:

arwilson80
31-07-09, 08:36 AM
Those Crysler 300C are monsters. GF's parents test drove the 4.8 'Hemi' version and said it was fast. :)

idge2003
31-07-09, 08:46 AM
I had a run in with one he couldn't lose me but there was no way I could have passed him!

I did look at the performance figures and the difference in 0-60 is only about 0.3 secs but their top speed is 146!

Not very stable at high speeds though or he couldn't drive!

Brett

StragglaSteve
31-07-09, 10:07 AM
Must admit... i do hope to have one when im 40! HAHA...

just another erm... 16 years to save up :D

Dan1971
31-07-09, 04:50 PM
I really like 300c's .....

will-w
01-08-09, 10:29 AM
I really like 300c's .....

Ditto!

They really are beasts, I must admit I prefer the Tourer over Saloon.. Although they are both rather cool (in a schoolboy way!:icecream:)

http://www.idluxurywheels.com/photos_idwheels/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=42&g2_serialNumber=4
http://www.babez.de/brabus/300ctouring/newtitel.jpg

stamford
01-08-09, 10:47 AM
What I like about them is that they have that lowered and chopped look, wheels that go past the coachline, arches touching the the top of the wings and what looks like a chopped roof. They are menacing to look at.

will-w
01-08-09, 10:50 AM
Yep, I'd agree with that!

It's nice to see a car that looks like it's wheels are in the body, rather that the body being kind of balanced on top the wheels!

Noon180
01-08-09, 02:51 PM
They are definately menacing in the rear view mirror. Think i prefer the saloons over the estate though. The guy in the 300c must have bottled it in the end as the dual carriage-way was on a bend, so maybe he didnt fancy pushing it round corners that fast! Must admit though, i was pushing my 180!