I love my zed but I dunno, vtec :shoot:

:guns:

im looking at the Diesel equivalent of the seat leon cupra r

talkingcars
06-08-09, 08:16 PM
Am I wrong?

I love my zed but I dunno, vtec :shoot:

:guns:

I had the use of my brother in laws vetec prelude automatic for a couple of weeks a few years ago, grnated it was an automatic but I wasn't that keen to the extent that when he offered it to me at 2/3 of it's market value I declined.

However I still love my ZS180 every bit as much as I did when I got the car 20 months ago.

In my personal opinion - yes, you are wrong.

Yampiedog
06-08-09, 09:10 PM
I'm not a great fan of V-tec, yes the Honda units are ultra reliable, but you have to rev the nuts off them, they are just too much hard work for my liking compared to the V6 smooth effortlessness.

starfire039
06-08-09, 09:30 PM
If I wasn't to have a Z, the only cars I'd consider are Ford Rotrax, Suzuki Samurai, Evo, or Skyline. Perhaps a nice Westfield if the price was right! Can't say that aint a mix of cars :p but all cars that stand out to me.

grimmy
06-08-09, 09:40 PM
had a bit of fun against my brother in law who has an accord vtec the zed blew it away,, yes i know the zed has a fair amount of pony's but i hardly had to push it while the vtec was almost redlining

afcbadam
06-08-09, 09:46 PM
z20let power for me next.

Gazza
06-08-09, 10:57 PM
When my mate had a loan of a Tytpe R a few years we bothed loved the way it drived but it got a bit annoying having to rev the nuts off it to make it move

XPCobra
06-08-09, 11:05 PM
Fantastic cars go for it! all the above that have mentioned v-tec cars that the v tec has been designed for economy, they go through a lot of oil, have a few timing chains due to them stretching ( lack of oil) the front struts are bad for play in the glad, and as usual honda brakes are prone for the brake pads sticking in the carriers.

And the superb choice of after market parts

I'm a honda tech, so i work on these cars quite regularly

only bad point being they arent that faster than the zs 180 ( well my old one lol)

will-w
07-08-09, 12:04 AM
I'm a honda tech, so i work on these cars quite regularly

Then you'd think you'd know how to spell VTEC then! :slap:

I've had 5 vtec Honda's so far, loved every single one from my little 170bhp 1.6 CRX to my 220bhp 2.2 Prelude...

Yes you need to rev them to get into the power band, but that sound cannot be turned down!:punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3GPLnIfq8g <-- from 1:00 to 1:20:yes:

XPCobra
07-08-09, 12:42 AM
Does it really matter? If your going to be that fussy the k20 engiens are i-VTEC
Intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control if anybody cares

stamford
07-08-09, 07:17 AM
One of my engineers has a Civic Type R, he says it uses oil like no other and is quite thirsty. He can't afford to run it everyday, this is someone still living at home and getting a good wage! His servicing costs are high too.

vinny1979
07-08-09, 05:53 PM
is that the new one stamford or the older one? Im now doing between 50 and 100 miles a week now so!

stamford
07-08-09, 06:38 PM
is that the new one stamford or the older one? Im now doing between 50 and 100 miles a week now so!

It's the previous release, better than the current cereal box model.

afcbadam
07-08-09, 06:46 PM
if it uses oil then there is something wrong with it. my friend owns a 52 plate CTR and it uses no fluids atall. its as heavy on fuel as my 180 but not any worse.

will-w
07-08-09, 07:56 PM
Anyone who owns a Honda knows that each engine is different, some drink oil from the factory and others don't.

Some suddenly stop drinking it part way through their life, others start... It's just a way of life!

You do however need to be wary when it starts to drink more than a litre of oil every 1000 miles or so

XPCobra
07-08-09, 09:00 PM
Never owned a honda so can't comment on how much oil they use, however on the better examples that come into the work they seen to average 30-35 mpg ( mainly the newer ones)

100 miles a week isnt too bad so i dont see you being too skint.

will-w
07-08-09, 09:35 PM
My 5th Gen Prelude would do 28mpg around town, and 36mpg on a good run... Not bad considering it was a 2.2 vtec with 220bhp I guess!

Had to go though as I got a new job, where I'd be doing a 60 mile round trip each day to work and back... Still miss that bloody car now!

http://wpjw.co.uk/images/mycar_prelude/preludesmall.jpg

will-w
07-08-09, 09:43 PM
OR... If you've got a spare £15k you could always get one of these:

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=957919697

vinny1979
08-08-09, 05:01 PM
im sad to say it but the offers are starting to filter through for my zs. One from an unnamed member on here, do I or dont I!!

will-w
08-08-09, 07:41 PM
Well it depends if you've got your eye on anything else, or if you're ok to go without a car for a week or so until you find what you're after!

If I had an offer on my derv, I would sell it tomorrow and get my old Prelude back I know that much!