PDA

View Full Version : exhaust change

JCMG
12-08-09, 07:28 AM
Thinking of changing my torque technique cat back system for a Mike Stokes motorsport item.Has anyone had any dealings with them??

Oh and hi:wave:

stamford
12-08-09, 07:53 AM
Welcome! Not heard of either of them mentioned on here before, is this for the 180 or 120?

arwilson80
12-08-09, 08:25 AM
:hi:

Not heard of them either...

JCMG
12-08-09, 09:54 AM
Torque Technique is a Salisbury independent company and Mike Stokes motorsport is Bournemouth based.

The system is for a 53 plate 180 saloon

stamford
12-08-09, 09:56 AM
Why change it? Is it not what you hoped for? Speaking from experience I would rate Janspeed, it's been on for about 4 years and still going strong. Scorpion are also very good.

JCMG
12-08-09, 10:41 AM
the back box is enormous on my system and the sound,although good doesnt do the KV6 justice. Im not so keen on Janspeed even though i live about 1.5 miles from them,they offered to make me a new spec induction kit (inner wing) but after much chasing and no result i gave up. They seem to be very vague about booking in cars and time scales when i spoken to them. I think Mike Stokes motorsport is an authorised powerflow dealer but dont quote me on that

talkingcars
12-08-09, 07:33 PM
Mike Stokes is listed on www.powerflowexhuasts.co.uk as their franchisee in Bournmouth.

I never heard of him/them though.

I was very pleased with the powerflow system I got made up by RSR in Redhill to replace the system fitted by some company formally of Luton and who implied they were a powerflow dealer by the way the Luton company created their website.

afcbadam
12-08-09, 07:41 PM
yep i know of him, ment to be very good.

i have a janspeed back box for sale if your interested. sounds amazing. direct replacement for your current one.

JCMG
13-08-09, 07:23 AM
I dont think the Janspeed back box would fit my system as the length of my exsisting backbox is huge. I popped down to Mike stokes last night and judging by the cooper S system he had in the window the standard is very good,the welds were a work of art it just looked spot on and bearing inmind it had duplex backbox setup £350 was very reasonable..Not sure what design tailpipe to go for,my current system is 3" so maybe 3.5" but i dont want stupid loud as my 3 yr old son wouldnt share my enthusiasum for it,id like it to pop and crackle on over run but i suspect that would mean removing the inner silencer box which i imagine would get abit loud? perhaps getting a tailpipe design which has the removeable end plate would quieten it down?

Your thoughts/experience on that kind of set up please:thumbsup: