PDA

View Full Version : I guess it looks like I've been had then :(

Noon180
13-08-09, 07:18 PM
Hi people. I advertised that i wanted an airbox and resonator for my Zs 180. Chap replied to my post saying he had broken a mk2 and had the parts. Sounded genuine enough so i thought id send him the cash. Tried with his paypal account but it couldnt recieve the funds, so i sent him a postal order for £41 (including admin charge). I sent him my address twice in private messages, still no parts and no replies to my P.m's. Its left me rather annoyed as you can imagine. Im going to leave it another week and if nothing is done i will be taking further action. Maybe next time i'll be a little more vigilant. :(

talkingcars
13-08-09, 07:27 PM
When did this happen?

starfire039
13-08-09, 07:40 PM
who did you buy it from?

who did you buy it from?

edit: looks like it's robbo8969. He last logged in on 31st July. Hopefully he'll log in soon and check his PM's!

Noon180
13-08-09, 08:20 PM
Yeh the 31st was the date of his last reply which was the one that asked for my address again. He said in one of hi messages that it would take 1-2 working days to arrive. If the stuff arrives within the next week all will be forgiven, but for it to be this long, kinda takes the biscuit!

Yampiedog
13-08-09, 08:47 PM
robbo8969 ( 12) Not a registered user

I think you have lost your money unfortunately assuming this is the correct seller.

Noon180
13-08-09, 09:47 PM
Yeh i think ive lost it too. It's a shame that nice friendly forums are spoilt by people like that. Luckily i got my car at a great price so that makes me feel better and at least it may be a learning curve for some of you guys, unless you are as gullable as me lol :)

edmo
13-08-09, 09:57 PM
sorry to be negative but when the paypal didnt work that should have set off alarm bells. i will only pay through paypal as i am protected, even from people i speak to on here as i have been burned before. i dont mind if i pay an extra quid to cover the paypal admin fees for the seller - real sellers dont mind using paypal either as its faster for them to receive their payment.

Noon180
13-08-09, 10:20 PM
Yeh i know exactly where you are coming from, its my own fault for being far too trustworthy! I should've listened to my mother more when she said 'Dont trust anybody!'.
It's learnt me a lesson though and im glad i only lost 40quid. It could've been worse. Thanks for the support though. Much apprieciated.

Rob :)

stamford
14-08-09, 07:35 AM
I hope he does come on here and sort this out. Do you have any contact details? When you sent the payment did you get insured postage? Sounds like you did not.

arwilson80
14-08-09, 08:16 AM
Do you have any contact details?

I assume so, as you can't send a PO without an address. ;)

I hope he sends / sorts this out for you. If it's any consolation then you are normally to make a claim against Royal Mail if you think it's been lost in the post (up to £36 IIRC) and it's been more than 14 days. Will lessen the 'sting' a bit more.

stamford
14-08-09, 08:43 AM
I was looking to check the details he was given to that on our system ;) Mainly email and yes it seemed a daft question!

ZS
14-08-09, 09:36 PM
Noon, did you have an induction kit to replace the air box and resonator with?

If it helps I have a reonator sitting at home taking up space... if you can collect it its yours :)

the airbox will be available soon too (when I get the induction kit sorted anyway) which would just be taking up space once its off the car... ;)

Noon180
15-08-09, 02:17 AM
Yeh i still got his address, i didnt get it insured as it's only 40 quid.
My car has the airbox on it but is broken at the bottom. The resonator part is missing. It sounds great but doesn't get the air flow it needs when the engine is at running temp.
Zs- sounds like a tempting offer, i think Portsmouth maybe a little far away to collect though. Thanks anyway pal!
Think i'm just gonna buy it all from the dealers. I'm not scared! I've just spent £1300 on my MGB on a few small boxes of parts to finish it's resto! Ouch lol :-O

Jay-ZS+
15-08-09, 09:09 AM
People say that you are coverd by paypal although I bought a mk2 headlight off ebay and sent the 50 quid via paypal and never heard a thing, Send numberous emails then logged a paypal compliant and after about 25 days received 14.59 back as that was all that was in the account apparently! So what about the other £35, surly paypal have access to the bankaccount to get the money back! So it appears your only covered if there is money in their paypal account!!! :(

Hope it all sorts out for you bud but it seems to becoming more common, Luckly there are so many genuine and friendly people on here and I wouldnt think twice about buying off most people on here :)

RudeDogg1
15-08-09, 11:41 AM
My car has the airbox on it but is broken at the bottom. The resonator part is missing. It sounds great but doesn't get the air flow it needs when the engine is at running temp.
Zs- sounds like a tempting offer, i think Portsmouth maybe a little far away to collect though. Thanks anyway pal!
Think i'm just gonna buy it all from the dealers. I'm not scared! I've just spent £1300 on my MGB on a few small boxes of parts to finish it's resto! Ouch lol :-O

u could of bought the mgbgt on my mums drive for that and stripped it :p

Noon180
15-08-09, 05:45 PM
Lol Rudedogg, one Mgb is quite enough thank you very much! I've had far too many hours of cut fingers, bruises and welding burns to strip another haha! Should be worth it though, im on the home straight with it now!

Thanks Jay, this is definately one of the friendlier forums ive joined in the past, i think that is why it caught me out! :)

fastmike
15-08-09, 05:56 PM
Lol Rudedogg, one Mgb is quite enough thank you very much! I've had far too many hours of cut fingers, bruises and welding burns to strip another haha! Should be worth it though, im on the home straight with it now!

Thanks Jay, this is definately one of the friendlier forums ive joined in the past, i think that is why it caught me out! :)

I think most people are basically honest...... some times circumstances etc ... I know it might not help but at least it wasnt hundreds of pounds.

arwilson80
17-08-09, 08:36 AM

It's insured up to £36 by default. ;)

I worked for RM a number of summers.:D

Noon180
17-08-09, 07:33 PM
It's insured up to £36 by default. ;)

I worked for RM a number of summers.:D

Ill try and claim some back then i think. Anything is better than nothing i guess!

Thanks for the tip :)

I've also got the guys address still ;)