PDA

View Full Version : my mates cambelts

baz69
14-08-09, 01:11 AM
a friend of mine recently bought a 2001 zs 180 hatch with 60 odd thou on the clock paid fairly cheap money for it but cam belts had not been done, so i found him a genuine mg rover 3 belt and 2 tensioners kit on the flea bay for £149 and i got another friend that i have known for 25 years or more who is a mechanic and who also happens to have the proper kv6 locking kit, he came round for the day and fitted said kit for him and charged £200 for doin it, what a result, so for £350 belts and tensioners done, he said he may do others for people if they get belts themselves, but they would have to fit in round him as he works all week, so i think i may get a belt kit for mine, i was told when i bought mine that belts had been done and the chap had checked them but he had no receipt or other proof so for piece of mind ill get them changed, also my son (drewbles on here) needs his done too

Phate
14-08-09, 01:18 AM
Did you guys do the waterpump too?

baz69
14-08-09, 02:31 AM
i will on mine but my mates one was in perfect condition, he was warned that he would have to do belts again if it goes,

stamford
14-08-09, 07:28 AM
That's a result, so all's good then.

arwilson80
14-08-09, 08:18 AM
Sounds good... Shows just how much markup there is other places (assuming it took 6 hours that's c. £35/hr)