PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Garage...Sisters been had

Jay-ZS+
18-08-09, 08:23 PM
My sisters been had, :jump: went to replace the battery and clutch cable, went to pick the car up to hear a rattling half way home, Looked underneath to see something hanging off (cant give anymore details as thats all ive been told) so took it straight back to get sorted,

Anyway had problems since, took it to another garage to have checked out, turns out it needs a new battery and clutch cable!!! :jump:

What would you suggest they do is there anyone they can turn to, to report the garage to :boxing: they obviously saw her coming and made the most of it!!

peterzs
18-08-09, 08:34 PM
Tradeing Standards would be worth a call. have a look at the receipt from the first garage and see what they have charged for. If its a new battery and replacement clutch cable and its not been done, you have proof that they are claiming for work carried out. I suppose you would need a report from the second garage to back up the facts that nothing had been done.

There is also the small claims court where you could claim any money paid to the first garage back.

It may be possable to get the money back just with the threat of the small claims court, depends on how much they charged.:wave::wave::wave::wave:

stamford
19-08-09, 07:44 AM
As said, what does the receipt say? If stated as new parts fitted get a report from a reputable garage to clarify the current condition of said parts fitted and go to the trading standards if confirmed as requiring replacement. I would not approach the garage in question regarding the issues as they need to be reported in this instance and not threatened into action.

What they have done, if correct, is a criminal act.