PDA

View Full Version : Dead locks

Jay-ZS+
24-08-09, 03:44 PM
Well I know the later 03 or 53+ cars were fitted with dead locks but is it possible to fit them to an earlier car? Is it a case of new locks and ecu fobs? Assume it would be more cost and hassle than its worth just wondered if its something people have ever done?

peterzs
24-08-09, 04:40 PM
I think you need a skeleton key!!:D:D:D:D

ViT
24-08-09, 06:41 PM
What do "deadlocks" do? My owners manual for my 2001 ZR tells me about super locking (three flashes yadder yadder) but doesn't go into any details about how they work???

I'm retro fitting CDL to my ZR, and presume it's the latch mechanism that is the dealock (It stops operating with door handles and barrel lock when active)

Any info on this would be a God send to me also

talkingcars
24-08-09, 10:57 PM
My '51 180 flashes 3 times when locking (I think)

starfire039
24-08-09, 11:03 PM
I don't know if mine is supposed to deadlock (assuming thats where the only way you can open anything is if you use the fob), the little raised bits in the door cards can just about be pulled up and unlock everything :laugh:

Funny story about deadlocking cars- my friend used to have a leon, and my other friend said I wonder, in the Golf, you can turn the key in the lock and it automatically does up all the windows. We were all sat inside with the doors locked, and he tries it... up come the windows, he snaatches his arm back inside, key left in drivers door, all deadlocked in, in the middle of the road :laugh:

Jay-ZS+
25-08-09, 03:53 PM
As far as im aware the car flashes 3 times to let you know its locked, Lock it with a door open and it wont flash at all, But I think once its locked if you press the locked button on the fob again you will here a mechanical sound thats the dead locks kicking in, Maybe wrong though, But pretty sure its only the 03+ cars that have it as the zs goes down an insurance group afterwards as classed as a CAT 1 security apposed to the CAT 2 of the earlier models,

Although as I said I may be wrong

ZS
25-08-09, 08:13 PM
IIRC your talking about the superlocking which was put in the ZR's and the ZT's, however not put in the ZS's AFAIK due to the Honda doors not being able to take the superlocking mechenisms....

I might be wrong though... :D

Ritchy
25-08-09, 08:56 PM
I don't know if mine is supposed to deadlock (assuming thats where the only way you can open anything is if you use the fob), the little raised bits in the door cards can just about be pulled up and unlock everything :laugh:

Funny story about deadlocking cars- my friend used to have a leon, and my other friend said I wonder, in the Golf, you can turn the key in the lock and it automatically does up all the windows. We were all sat inside with the doors locked, and he tries it... up come the windows, he snaatches his arm back inside, key left in drivers door, all deadlocked in, in the middle of the road :laugh:

the mondeo's and mazda's do this as well lol, its funny when someones sitting in a car at work with the window open, and i walk past n grab the key out the ignition, double lock it and hold the lock button and the global closing shuts the windows n they cant get out:P so just leave the key on the windscreen n walk away, mwahahaha:P

talkingcars
25-08-09, 09:39 PM
I've just checked my owners handbook ('51 180) , it doesn't say anything about dead locks.

KevG
26-08-09, 07:51 AM
The ZS doesn't have Deadlocks.

Jay-ZS+
26-08-09, 04:10 PM
The ZS doesn't have Deadlocks.

What even the MK2s? What did they do to increase the security on them to drop from group 13 to group 11?

Anyone got an aftermarket system fitted? any suggestions as to which?

ZS
27-08-09, 07:41 AM
What even the MK2s? What did they do to increase the security on them to drop from group 13 to group 11?

Anyone got an aftermarket system fitted? any suggestions as to which?

The alarm is of better quality apparently...

Didn't know there was any aftermarket deadlocking systems....

Jay-ZS+
27-08-09, 03:52 PM
Or even any aftermarket systems such as the clifford ones that people recommend, Apparently they dont get on very well with the zs wondered if anyone had anything fitted and their report of it,

will-w
27-08-09, 05:00 PM
I would personally go for Toad rather than Clifford... You also want to be wary about your insurance company, some insist on the installer having a certain type of certificate that like 5% of the fitters in the UK have! (Thanks Flux!!!)

All I know is that the mk2 ZS has a full CAT1 alarm already, so installing another one probably won't make much difference