PDA

View Full Version : Will a front door fit inside a saloon ZS ?

SticklesMickles
30-08-09, 11:15 AM
As thread title.

I will be sourcing a new drivers door soon as i discovered that the one that came on the car, is full of filler and battered to death :D

Wondering if anybody has done this before, i am a bit reluctant to buy a panel online from something like fleabay and then have some courier throw it around for half a day before it is delivered.

Zippy Saloon
30-08-09, 11:22 AM
Never done it but I would guess it would fit in boot, rear seats folded and the window frame pointing thru the opening.

Can you get hold of some cardboard and make up a template of the door to try?

talkingcars
30-08-09, 11:30 AM
The saloon boot isn't the best for getting larger things in as the lip is quite high.

It will be easier if the door is bare.

SticklesMickles
30-08-09, 11:33 AM
Another thing i forgot to ask, i assume the 4 door and 5 doors share the same actual doors?

They look the same to me in various pictures !

will-w
30-08-09, 12:24 PM
Not sure about back doors, but front ones are the same! :)

As for the door fitting in the boot, easy! I've had a 180 brake conversion, new exhaust (mid + back), 4 door cards and two folding chairs in the boot of mine! :D

As said above, lay the door so that the main bit is in the boot, and window through the hole with the seats down

Glen290
30-08-09, 03:01 PM
The saloon boot isn't the best for getting larger things in as the lip is quite high.

It will be easier if the door is bare.

Hatch FTW !!!

:geek:

talkingcars
30-08-09, 05:14 PM
Hatch FTW !!!

:geek:

Thats why I have a wife with a ZR160, a son with a R100 (can get a washing machine in that one) and from work I can borrow a small box van, a large box van, 3.5 dropside, a 18t curtain sider, 26t curtain sider, 26t flatbed with crane or a 40t 60ft wagon and drawbar trailer with crane.

Plus I can borrow a 30t beever tail complete with crane for a small drink.

And I have a tow bar and a cycle rack that fits it and 2 trailers, a small one and a large one.

But I don't need to move the door!

Jay-ZS+
30-08-09, 08:24 PM
Ive got a house front door plus tools to router hindges and hang the door in my car and thats with no boot space, Its all about angles ;)

grimmy
30-08-09, 08:36 PM
had a 40" lcd in the back seats of mine so i would guess wit the seats down it would go in.

Ritchy
30-08-09, 08:40 PM
ive had a full body kit for a corsa in mine, with the big bumpers lol, n a mk1 saloon back bumper as well, n 5 12 man tents n a lawnmower::P all on seprante occasions:P, handy though having the ranger with the trailer:D for fence panels ect:D

SticklesMickles
18-09-09, 10:12 PM
Door was delivered this morning from ebay £37.99 delivered

Packing looked good, signed for it, opened it up, fecken corner has been dooshed in at some point on transit :(

Reasonably easy to repair, so i took a few photos, emailed the seller and set about repairing it, seller has agreed to refund me £10 for my trouble (should have been packed better IMO)

Sprayed the inside shutlines up this afternoon in RAL5002 :D will be spraying the outside of it up on sunday night (gave up on the roller method, its to much work lol)