PDA

View Full Version : brake shims and offside/rear caliper please!

sc9ar
03-09-09, 06:04 PM
much needed, car needs them desperately and i cant find any.
the shims fell apart when taking off the pads and the drivers side rear caliper is stuck

can someone help me get the zed back on the road?

KevG
03-09-09, 06:40 PM
Are you talking about the shims that go on the back of the pads, in which case you dont need them, if however your talking about the piece of form metal that sits in the caliper carrier and is located with the pads then I have these, they are made from Stainless steel, and shouldn't have feel apart.

sc9ar
03-09-09, 07:21 PM
just the ones for the pads. ill just go without them then :) thanks for the quick reply

dogsbe
03-09-09, 07:27 PM
I might have a set spare. I will have a look. They are only needed to keep your brakes quiet.

KevG
03-09-09, 07:32 PM
The Pad shims are just mild steel, and will rot even though they are painted, I have just replaced all the brake parts on mine the pad shims were rotten, so never bothered with replacing them, as you only get them with an OEM brake parts and they're expensive

Robbing (Rimmer) Bros want £140 for a set of rear pads for a 180, and £75 for Front pads!!!!, if you pay that you WILL get all the bits that MGR used.

KevG
03-09-09, 07:33 PM
I might have a set spare. I will have a look. They are only needed to keep your brakes quiet.

Even then they're not needed! to avoid brake squeel just use this instead (http://www.mintex.co.uk/products-mainmenu-29/product-overview-gg-mainmenu-38/cera-tec-mainmenu-36?lang=en)

sc9ar
04-09-09, 12:42 PM

if you have a spare set id cover the postage if youd be willing to send me them. i know they arent needed but if i have the option, ill take it