PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got My Rear Headrests! Thanks To '4 5cotland'..

rbull51
08-09-09, 02:58 PM
Next day delivery and in very good condition, would definatly buy again from you. Picture of them fitted below... Well chuffed :-)

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/rbull51/DSCN1513.jpg

talkingcars
08-09-09, 05:10 PM
Looks almost as good as mine, and from the same source too ;)

Z Scotland
10-09-09, 05:14 PM
Very nice!:clap: it totally changes the back of car.

Zippy Saloon
10-09-09, 06:14 PM
You need genuine MGR rear blind now.
(Ebay: ROVER 400 45 MG ZS 4 DOOR SALOON SUNBLIND KIT ESK100410)

Made some shorter brackets since then so it meets headlining

talkingcars
10-09-09, 06:32 PM
You need genuine MGR rear blind now.
(Ebay: ROVER 400 45 MG ZS 4 DOOR SALOON SUNBLIND KIT ESK100410)

Made some shorter brackets since then so it meets headlining

I did consider one of those but feel it will clutter the rear shelf, I would have to see it in the flesh.

Zippy Saloon
11-09-09, 06:00 PM
I did consider one of those but feel it will clutter the rear shelf, I would have to see it in the flesh.Pic of it retracted, not great due to reflections though tbh

rbull51
12-09-09, 09:34 AM
Pic of it retracted, not great due to reflections though tbh
I have seen this for sale before and had my finger on the 'buy it now' but didnt in the end! Is it easy to fit?

Zippy Saloon
12-09-09, 10:10 AM
I have seen this for sale before and had my finger on the 'buy it now' but didnt in the end! Is it easy to fit?About half an hour using the brackets supplied, allow another half an hour if you mod the supplied brackets or make some shorter ones. Easier if there are two of you but possible single handed. Tip for drilling up through parcel shelf - I put some off cuts of plywood on shelf so I did hit screen with drill by accident. Location of holes is already marked on underside of shelf.

talkingcars
12-09-09, 12:15 PM
I'm not going to go for the blind, to me it looks like an after thought sitting on top of the shelf.

Zippy Saloon
12-09-09, 02:37 PM
I'm not going to go for the blind, to me it looks like an after thought sitting on top of the shelf.Think any rear blind would be the same apart from something in a higher end car - guess cars like Audi etc would have the roller part built under the shelf out of site, not really an option with the Zed.

ViT
15-09-09, 05:23 PM
Are headrests easy to fit? I should imagine you need a back seat that can support them?

rbull51
15-09-09, 06:24 PM
Very easy to fit. If you run your hand over the tops of the seats you will feel that the holes are already there, you just need the tubes that the headrests slide into. You have to cut the material where you can feel the holes and the tubes push down and turn into position.