PDA

View Full Version : Today's pics.... !

Dan1971
09-09-09, 05:45 PM
Took these really to get the 'shop done for some stripes, but thought I'd stick them in here too.

No major changes really since buying it, just replaced the MG badges front and back back to standard, and binned the bonnet lifters. Private plate will be going on later this month with some advertising on it for the site :wink:

Got a dent guy coming round later this month too, to take out the drivers door ding. Also waiting to get done is the plenum and replacement mesh. Waiting for TCS performance, (Bishop Stortford) to get back to me with costs for a BMC CDA, fitting, and RR session.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/NewZS2004.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/NewZS2002.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/NewZS2001.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/NewZS2003.jpg

Phate
09-09-09, 05:50 PM
Looks good, liking having a 180 again? :)

Dan1971
09-09-09, 06:03 PM

You know what .... Yes ... I really do ! :punk:

Jem
09-09-09, 06:37 PM
Very nice luv the colour.

talkingcars
09-09-09, 06:39 PM
Looks good.

Why did you remove the bonnet lifters?

Dan1971
09-09-09, 07:55 PM
Looks good.

Why did you remove the bonnet lifters?

Simples ... Didn't like the look of them.

I have to say that I wasn't too sure on how safe they would have been if I had a frontal. I had an awful picture of the bonnet taking my head off after coming through the winscreen as they meant that there wasn't any bodywork between the bonnet and the base of the windscreen, and it angled right for my neck !

Crazy perhaps, but I just wanted it back to normal.

Jay-ZS+
09-09-09, 08:13 PM
Looking nice dan but what was wrong with my masterful photoshops :laugh:

Dan1971
09-09-09, 08:19 PM
Looking nice dan but what was wrong with my masterful photoshops :laugh:

I'm so sorry mate .... :bow: I don't see them at work and came straight in and posted these up.

Just looked at them and you know what ...

I really like the effect of the last one.

If I can, I might look at getting some in Silver but with a Green piping on the outside edge. That would make them quite unique !

Jay-ZS+
09-09-09, 08:24 PM
lol no worries mate was only joking :D I liked the yellow one best but could always change it once a month!

Simon's ZS-120
09-09-09, 08:29 PM
i need a spoiler like that to fisnish my mk2

SheppeyTrio
09-09-09, 08:31 PM

You know what .... Yes ... I really do ! :punk:

Hopefully i'm lookfing after your car nicely m8!! LoL. You gonna go for a decal on the roof again??

Dan1971
09-09-09, 09:00 PM
Hopefully i'm lookfing after your car nicely m8!! LoL. You gonna go for a decal on the roof again??

Sure are pal :thumbsup:

Not just a roof decal. Going for viper stripes ....

SheppeyTrio
09-09-09, 09:32 PM
Got a new piper exhaust going on the car on sunday! Wanna get the paintwork look at and hopefully get it looking better!! Also found some new little flags to re-place the chequered/union jack flags on the side of the car!
And looking for some black MG badges for the front and back!

stamford
10-09-09, 07:26 AM
Good to see you enjoying it Dan, miss the 'T'? ;)

Dan1971
10-09-09, 08:16 AM

Yes I do ... It was such a well built car by comparison ... Very comfortable and easy to drive being an auto. All the toys too.

As I mentioned in your thread for your family wagon, as and when, I'd have another. Not yet though. I have a hankering for a V8 for my 40th in 18 months time, and if I could find an estate ... Who knows ... ?

Enjoying the ZS just now though, although what started out as a bargin, is developing into a (self generated) money-pit.

So far I've added a decent head unit and speakers and have the replacement plenum and mesh sitting in the shed. Add a couple of badges, the dent guy and some stripes and I'm up to just shy of £700 !

ZS180V6
10-09-09, 09:46 AM
So what colour stripes are you going for ?

Are you doing it yourself.............

talkingcars
10-09-09, 09:49 AM
Simples ... Didn't like the look of them.

That I can understand, I thought you were talking about hydraulic ones to hold the bonnet open :wall:

Dan1971
10-09-09, 09:54 AM
So what colour stripes are you going for ?

Are you doing it yourself.............

I did fancy putting it up for a vote/poll and go with the site opinions.

I like orange, but I've got Red seats ... :sad: I'd then end up having to get EMS alcantara covers and a plain black steering wheel and all of a sudden my bargin ZS is getting out of control.

Most likely I'll keep it Red as per the Mustang image. I'll pay a signwriter £30 to do it for me I think ....

stamford
10-09-09, 10:07 AM
Yes I do ... It was such a well built car by comparison ... Very comfortable and easy to drive being an auto. All the toys too.

As I mentioned in your thread for your family wagon, as and when, I'd have another. Not yet though. I have a hankering for a V8 for my 40th in 18 months time, and if I could find an estate ... Who knows ... ?

Enjoying the ZS just now though, although what started out as a bargin, is developing into a (self generated) money-pit.

So far I've added a decent head unit and speakers and have the replacement plenum and mesh sitting in the shed. Add a couple of badges, the dent guy and some stripes and I'm up to just shy of £700 !

So when you said to the o/h "I'm buying 180, it's okay I won't be doing any modding to it" did she believe you? :laugh: If she did then you are as bad for saying I won't be spending any money on it! We never change Dan :D

ZT-T 260, very nice!

Dan1971
10-09-09, 10:31 AM
So when you said to the o/h "I'm buying 180, it's okay I won't be doing any modding to it" did she believe you? :laugh: If she did then you are as bad for saying I won't be spending any money on it! We never change Dan :D

ZT-T 260, very nice!

You know what ... She told me to get one, and even placed the winning bid for mine as I'd stopped a hundred quid earlier !

As I stayed on this site and kept looking at ZS's, even when I had the ZT-T, when the ZT sold, she basically insisted that I get a ZS.

She's OK with it to be honest. When she's got a £7K 2005 Audi diesel, she can't really moan about me having my little project, and in fairness ... she doesn't. I get a roll of the eyes and then a "Go on then ... "

Jay-ZS+
10-09-09, 10:39 AM
I get a roll of the eyes and then a "Go on then ... "

Thats all I need ... I think the misses gets bored of me talking about the car and eventually cracks, I normanlly get the "Oh go on then..if you must" I just nod and say YES! and then smile inside :yoji:

Dan1971
10-09-09, 10:46 AM

Found some "180" badges on ebay that I wanted when I have the ZT. Never found them though and so went onto .org to pm the guy who bought it. He's considering selling up ! Apparently he wants a V8 !

stamford
10-09-09, 12:09 PM
You know what ... She told me to get one, and even placed the winning bid for mine as I'd stopped a hundred quid earlier !

As I stayed on this site and kept looking at ZS's, even when I had the ZT-T, when the ZT sold, she basically insisted that I get a ZS.

She's OK with it to be honest. When she's got a £7K 2005 Audi diesel, she can't really moan about me having my little project, and in fairness ... she doesn't. I get a roll of the eyes and then a "Go on then ... "

That's good hear Dan, my missus is good like that too, she knows how much I enjoy it. However I think she will miss the meets as the zed is coming off the road next week. I may miss driving it on the road as well. Looking ahead we know it needs some money throwing at it so may as well do it right. At least it isn't going anywhere.