PDA

View Full Version : MK2 180, for Part-ex With My Honda Accord turbo..

AdDaMan
16-09-09, 10:21 AM
Im looking for someone with a MK2 ZS180 who would like to PX with my 1998 Honda Accord 2.2vtec. It has a massive spec, fully forged with turbo conversion etc etc...
1 of a kind, 300+bhp..
very fast and very comfortable.

Full specavailable for interested parties.
Obviously will need some cash my way..
Would consider a mk1 180 but would neet a lot of cash on top.

long shot...but cheer anyway.
:trampoline:

Bobdope2002
16-09-09, 10:50 AM
why you selling fella

AdDaMan
16-09-09, 11:04 AM
Going to be buying a house soon so need something a bit more sensible to save a bit of cash.

AdDaMan
01-10-09, 08:36 AM
Anyone?

Heres a link anyway...just reduced..
http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1248116.htm

Z Scotland
01-10-09, 09:48 PM
I think you'll be hard pushed to find any one with a mk2 to swap. Not that I'm dissing your car but i wouldn't part with an 04 plate for a car 6 years older.:unsure:
Maybe its just me.

AdDaMan
02-10-09, 09:31 AM
I think you'll be hard pushed to find any one with a mk2 to swap. Not that I'm dissing your car but i wouldn't part with an 04 plate for a car 6 years older.:unsure:
Maybe its just me.

The value of a car like this is not dictated by its age like a standard car would be. Infact its totally irrelevant as most of the parts have been replaced. Obviously you dont know alot about modified cars, in which case this advert wasnt aimed at you ;)
Cheers anyway.

SharronB
02-10-09, 09:47 AM
Looks nice but change those wheels! :laugh:

AdDaMan
02-10-09, 09:52 AM
lol, you can change them if you buy it!

KevG
02-10-09, 11:45 AM
Obviously you dont know alot about modified cars, in which case this advert wasnt aimed at you ;)
Cheers anyway.

Oh dear......wot are u letting your self in for!

AdDaMan
02-10-09, 12:44 PM
Oh no....he's not one of those is he...am i gona get a massive rant now lol

grimmy
02-10-09, 12:53 PM
Oh no....he's not one of those is he...am i gona get a massive rant now lol
Not just him i fear

AdDaMan
02-10-09, 12:58 PM
lol! Well it was a silly thing for him to come out with..

grimmy
02-10-09, 01:05 PM
I don't really think so either to be honest, although your car is highly modded and had a lot of cash spent on it i am the same i wouldn't go for it either but thats my feelings on it but maybe someone else will see it differently,good luck with it anyway.

AdDaMan
02-10-09, 01:09 PM
yer exactly. Thats what alot of people are like, but alot arent. Some people will want to swap there standard day to day car for something abit wilder etc etc. maybe because theyve just got a new job and dont have to use the car for work etc..
:)

Bobdope2002
02-10-09, 02:45 PM
Didnt Z scotland completley modify his mk1 to look like a MK2 and wasnt he planning on doing the same with his red one too ???

grimmy
02-10-09, 04:15 PM
Didnt Z scotland completley modify his mk1 to look like a MK2 and wasnt he planning on doing the same with his red one too ???
He never modified his mk1 he was going to but ended up keeping it as is

Z Scotland
02-10-09, 10:00 PM
Why was it silly? i'm sure i'm not the only one with the opinion and i am entitled to it so if you dont like it then don't post.

It was the 45 that was Mk2 ZS replica & the red one was getting the same but i prefer that as a Mk1.

grimmy
02-10-09, 10:16 PM
Why was it silly? i'm sure i'm not the only one with the opinion and i am entitled to it so if you dont like it then don't post.

It was the 45 that was Mk2 ZS replica & the red one was getting the same but i prefer that as a Mk1.
Hey man i had your back:boxing:

Z Scotland
02-10-09, 10:23 PM
Hey man i had your back:boxing:

Its not that i was pitching for a fight i was only giving an opinion. I don't understand why people have to get personal.:no:

grimmy
02-10-09, 10:26 PM
Me either but it's a crazy world out there man.:hmmm:

peterzs
02-10-09, 10:46 PM
Should imagine 100% on here have modded cars, even if like mine which has only a couple of fluffy dice hangin from the rear view mirror, seems an odd way to sell a car though.

:p:p:p:p

Yampiedog
03-10-09, 09:02 AM
You only seem to have owned this for a few months. I would make the assumption there are some issues with it and hence you want rid especially by the choice of cars you would p/x for. I might be wrong but that's what it looks like to me! It's not running cost either as you would consider a RX8 and they cost as much in oil as they do in petrol.

Dave ZS-X
03-10-09, 09:56 AM
you say you have only had the car a few months, so is this not you offering it for sale in march this year, its deffinitely your car. Is it all running correctly now after the engine fire?

http://www.accordr.org/index.php?showtopic=21671&hl=accord+turbo

Yampiedog
03-10-09, 10:28 AM
you say you have only had the car a few months, so is this not you offering it for sale in march this year, its deffinitely your car. Is it all running correctly now after the engine fire?

http://www.accordr.org/index.php?showtopic=21671&hl=accord+turbo

Oh dear, not a very good history to the car...the words DOG and LEMON spring to mind.

Bobdope2002
03-10-09, 12:28 PM

thats the one lol

AdDaMan
03-10-09, 02:48 PM
LOL!

No that was the previous owner who had the engine fire due to a leaky oil feed.
And yes it was completely sorted and rebuilt.

NO this is not a 'Lemon' yampiedog, feel free to come and inspect (if you think you know what your looking for) and do i really need to remind people this is MY wanted thread, so if your not interested then please gtfo.

Also Yampie, its more to do with the modifying bug rather than immediate running costs etc... I want something that i wont be tempted to modify.

I use this car most of the week and there is nothing wrong with it, and runs VERY well.

Thanks.

Paul ZS120
03-10-09, 04:57 PM
Ok so coming onto an mg site and slagging of it's long term members isn't the best way to make friends. Everyone here is here because they have and like mgs so why would anyone here swap one for a Honda? If the car is as good as you say then why does noone on the Honda site want it for cash and you can buy a 180. Maybe it's that everyone on the Honda site knows it's history and wouldn't touch it. Don't come here thinking you are the only person in the world that knows about cars cause you are in the wrong place. Making friends is the way ahead not telling people to gtfo your thread

Rant over peeps!

Bobdope2002
03-10-09, 05:18 PM
Ok so coming onto an mg site and slagging of it's long term members isn't the best way to make friends. Everyone here is here because they have and like mgs so why would anyone here swap one for a Honda? If the car is as good as you say then why does noone on the Honda site want it for cash and you can buy a 180. Maybe it's that everyone on the Honda site knows it's history and wouldn't touch it. Don't come here thinking you are the only person in the world that knows about cars cause you are in the wrong place. Making friends is the way ahead not telling people to gtfo your thread

Rant over peeps!

i did make a very similar post but deleted it bcus im not in the mood for an argument lol

Paul ZS120
03-10-09, 05:22 PM
I'm more polite than you though lol prob good you deleted yours!!

KevG
03-10-09, 05:30 PM

Rant over peeps!

Seconded.

peterzs
03-10-09, 05:35 PM

Rant over peeps!

Well put, not so much a rant, as more the way it is.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Smokie
03-10-09, 06:59 PM
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=9643
get in touch with these lot they might do ya a swop + a bit of cash there way. like i said a bit of T Cut and you will never know its had a bump

Bobdope2002
04-10-09, 03:23 PM
I'm more polite than you though lol prob good you deleted yours!!

very true and i bet the mods were chuffed too lol

It also annoys me how people rank the ZS as a runaround car thinking they can swop theyre cars which are worth peanuts and still expect an mg driver to shed out extra cash its ridiculous

i was at football this morning minding my own business and i happened to look over towards the car and 4 off the away sides lads were looking over it

i got into it to go home and the same 4 lads came over and goes "bloody nice car mate id have never known it was an MG unless id seen the badge"

Just a Crying shame Management over at longbridge drove the company to its demise

Yampiedog
04-10-09, 08:31 PM
NO this is not a 'Lemon' yampiedog, feel free to come and inspect (if you think you know what your looking for) and do i really need to remind people this is MY wanted thread, so if your not interested then please gtfo.

Welcome to the site and you are quite right, I know nothing about cars, hence I'm on an enthusiasts forum! <<< For the less educated that's sarcasm...
Good luck with the sale :deadhorse:

RudeDogg1
04-10-09, 11:19 PM
lol well said