http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/IMAG0338.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/IMAG0345.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/IMAG0347.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/IMAG0346.jpg

ARGHHHHH somebody has welded on a boot.

Taphouse
17-09-09, 07:12 PM
me likey!!!

The welds and filling are awesome you can hardly tell it had a boot welded on!

Jay-ZS+
17-09-09, 07:24 PM
That Sies old car reconise the door cards , or lack of lol, looks very nice

talkingcars
17-09-09, 08:07 PM
'uck me sideways, that's awsome.

Phate
17-09-09, 08:12 PM
I don't like the black bonnet....a carbon fibre one would've been nicer, glad to see your still running the supercharger :D

grimmy
17-09-09, 09:30 PM
Holy crap bat man she has grown a fat arse and nice spoiler. looks mental matey.:punk:

R1CSO
17-09-09, 09:37 PM
like the wheels, what are they?

Phate
17-09-09, 09:42 PM
I demand full specs on this zed :D

I'd like to know what those 4 switches do :sly:

grimmy
17-09-09, 09:45 PM

Second on the left turns on the flux capacitor:trampoline:

Supercharged_Z
17-09-09, 09:46 PM

2001 TB Saloon
Commission Number 003522
Cam belts changed on 6yr bday.

Spec

Engine
Powerflow 2.5" Cat Back
Decat Pipe
Powerflow Custom Downpipesflow Box to meet Trackday Sound Requirements
Mil Elimator fitted
Huge PiperX filter fitted in inner wing with Custom PSH Bend
Sheddist Clutch Hydraulic Upgrade
Type B 620ti Diff ( With Steal Cage Bearings)
Poly Gearlinkage Bushes
Air Con Removed And OE Fans replaced with single 12'' David Craig
Short Shift
Redtop Lightweight Battery in box behind Passenger Seat
Supercharger

Chassis/Brakes
17" Rota Boost 17x7.5 running R888
Rear Upper and Lower Braces
Avo Coilovers
Wilwood 310mm 4pots with Feredo Ds2500 pads
Goodridge Brake Hoses
Front ARB Poly Bushes and Droplinks
Rear ARB Poly Bushes and Double Droplinks
Rear Adjustable Upper Arms (-1.5deg of Chamber)

Trim
Cobra Suzuka GT Drivers Seat (to be fitted)
Cobra Imola GT Passenger Seat
Passenger Foot Rest
Flocked Dash with Blue inserts
Mourtney Steering Wheel
Sparco Gearknob
SaBelt 3 Point Harness (wit OMP Cutter)
Interior Stripped
Black Magic Rear lights
Seat Leon Cupra R Front splitter
L/H Fog light removed for Cold Air feed
R45 Clear Headlamps
Bonnet Raised 10mm at Rear
Vitaloni Califiorian Wing Mirrors
Plastic Perspec Windows with Slider
Aluminum Sunroof Bung
All Heating and internal Air con items removed

Supercharged_Z
17-09-09, 09:47 PM
the switches are a bit redundant atm apart from one which is the engine fan.
there will be 3 in use i spose and 1 spare

ok so the story is, i had a quiet winter with my zs, and a few months ago decided to get it back out, was planning on modifying it and spending a small fortune, when this zed came up for sale from Sie214 from xpf, knowing sie and the way he does his cars i knew it would be a decent car done well, and its a credit to him.

So i bought it, broke mine for bits, and fitted my supercharger easy as that

Phate
17-09-09, 09:52 PM
WOW! I'd give my right testicle to drive that round donny :sly:

Thats seriously awesome. I'm guessing its the supercharger from your grey one? :)

Can I ask how much difference the short shift makes? I was about to order it but couldn't due to funds - also what does polybushing the gear linkages do? :)

Sorry for the questions, its basically my ideal zed haha

Supercharged_Z
17-09-09, 09:54 PM
WOW! I'd give my right testicle to drive that round donny :sly:

Thats seriously awesome. I'm guessing its the supercharger from your grey one? :)

indeed it is, and as for the offer, do you mind if i decline lol

Phate
17-09-09, 09:55 PM
indeed it is, and as for the offer, do you mind if i decline lol

Dammit, I thought you loved me :(

Bobdope2002
17-09-09, 11:23 PM
bet that shifts now

Edit: Is it still running The same Power that it was in regy ross???

Jay-ZS+
18-09-09, 09:32 AM
Nice have to taken it out yet, was pretty quick when sie had it I remember be intresting to see how quicker it is with the charger, Nice one looks stunning,

Glen290
18-09-09, 10:57 AM
These pics make me want a supercharger sooo much..

arwilson80
18-09-09, 11:26 AM
Still road legal...? ;)

Supercharged_Z
18-09-09, 11:29 AM
still road legal...? ;)

indeed!!

ZS Phil
18-09-09, 11:40 AM
that looks amazing. i bet it is great to drive too, those front brakes are huge!

Supercharged_Z
18-09-09, 11:46 AM
bet that shifts now

Edit: Is it still running The same Power that it was in regy ross???

yes same power give or take a couple

Maxxed_Ross
18-09-09, 02:15 PM
this looks a bit of a monster

you bringing it to the next MG Cup at Snetterton so I can have a poke about it? :yes:

Dave ZS-X
18-09-09, 07:13 PM
can you feel a performance drop running the same power in a heavier saloon ?
are you going dta, pistons, proper bigger injectors, maybe some extra cooling or whatever to try and guarantee long term reliaibility now?

Dave

Supercharged_Z
18-09-09, 07:21 PM
can you feel a performance drop running the same power in a heavier saloon ?
are you going dta, pistons, proper bigger injectors, maybe some extra cooling or whatever to try and guarantee long term reliaibility now?

Dave

to be honest iv not really booted it, i think the car weighed in at 1030 before sie sold it to me and its still got most of its soundproofing in. so not to bad i dont think. it certainly feels nippy enough.

as for the spec, then its to be decided, it was reliable untill the ecu died, so i might just get dta for now but who knows!!

Dave ZS-X
18-09-09, 08:07 PM
it was 1080 last time sie weighed it, although sie had 2 seats fitted and a full nos bottle in the boot, i noticed the sound proofing but its pretty well stripped apart from that isnt it, looks like the saloon is maybe 40 kilos heavier, neither here nor there really....yet they feel so different to drive!

Dave

talkingcars
18-09-09, 09:14 PM
but doesn't the extra weight at the back ballance the front better than in a hatch.

I've never a hatch ZS so can't compare but back in the day when I was a driver for the local VW dealer I found the Jetta handled better than the Golf.

SticklesMickles
18-09-09, 10:18 PM
but doesn't the extra weight at the back ballance the front better than in a hatch.

I've never a hatch ZS so can't compare but back in the day when I was a driver for the local VW dealer I found the Jetta handled better than the Golf.

This was of of the reasons that Volvo raced the estate cars instead of the saloons a few years ago :D

Supercharged_Z
19-09-09, 12:57 AM
it was 1080 last time sie weighed it, although sie had 2 seats fitted and a full nos bottle in the boot, i noticed the sound proofing but its pretty well stripped apart from that isnt it, looks like the saloon is maybe 40 kilos heavier, neither here nor there really....yet they feel so different to drive!

Dave

sie said it probably weighs aroun 1030kgs now, the weight you talk about was some time ago with a spare wheel and spare seat.

the sound proofing still has 10kg to go only the passenger side has gone.

its good enough for what i want it for, still some weight to lose.

end of the day sie bagged a great time at coombe 1.23 etc so know what the car can do

carmadbaker
19-09-09, 03:11 PM
Very nice :D i want breathing apparatus :( car looks sweet!!

Dave ZS-X
19-09-09, 03:35 PM
sie said it probably weighs aroun 1030kgs now, the weight you talk about was some time ago with a spare wheel and spare seat.

the sound proofing still has 10kg to go only the passenger side has gone.

its good enough for what i want it for, still some weight to lose.

end of the day sie bagged a great time at coombe 1.23 etc so know what the car can do

yeah no doubting that ross its a very capable car, sie did 1.21's at combe the day i went first time with audi power and he had that full nos bottle in the boot.

Dave

Supercharged_Z
19-09-09, 06:49 PM
yeah no doubting that ross its a very capable car, sie did 1.21's at combe the day i went first time with audi power and he had that full nos bottle in the boot.

Dave

blimey its better than i thought, going to get some weight out of the car, i will be adding custom heater matrix and fan though, cant be dealing with no heater lol.

wonder what shes capable of with the charger on and dta, the charger is good as the power is so linier and while the torque is low it will get me out of corners early. also it would depend on my driving lol.

stamford
19-09-09, 06:52 PM
That's one neat package you have there.

Dave ZS-X
19-09-09, 07:06 PM
blimey its better than i thought, going to get some weight out of the car, i will be adding custom heater matrix and fan though, cant be dealing with no heater lol.

wonder what shes capable of with the charger on and dta, the charger is good as the power is so linier and while the torque is low it will get me out of corners early. also it would depend on my driving lol.

assuming it handles and lays the power like it did before then imo theres an extra 1.5 to 2 seconds max in the charger, no doubting it will be a proper quick car, good luck with it , cant wait to see it out and you driving it well.
Ive learnt power is a difficult way to reduce lap times for one reason or another, but damn its fun and once you can learn how to drive it and get the set up working well it makes for a lethal combo.....this is what ive been doing all year and im still not quite there, i think you will find it easier though as its not such a night and day transition.
All the best with it.

Dave

Supercharged_Z
19-09-09, 07:11 PM
assuming it handles and lays the power like it did before then imo theres an extra 1.5 to 2 seconds max in the charger, no doubting it will be a proper quick car, good luck with it , cant wait to see it out and you driving it well.
Ive learnt power is a difficult way to reduce lap times for one reason or another, but damn its fun and once you can learn how to drive it and get the set up working well it makes for a lethal combo.....this is what ive been doing all year and im still not quite there, i think you will find it easier though as its not such a night and day transition.
All the best with it.

Dave

hopefully she will give around that time if not more, it just adds to the package the charger obviously gives it 50-60 odd bhp at the wheels more than what it had previous, and the way it lays its power down is what counts i spose.

dta opens up other options in the way the car drives, but to be honest i just want to have fun rather than chase lap times

Supercharged_Z
23-09-09, 07:55 PM
been out in this tonight having a wee blat. it truely is a sensational car it does feel very different to my old zs, it really does run rings around it, and iv no idea what the suspension is set too (damping wise) just as i got it.

I have fitted sies seat again now after messing around with the brackets, which changes the way the car feels to drive from the drivers perseption.

I am going to install a custom heater matrix and fan whch i will try and pipe up to the screen with some ali, it will allow the car to be used in the winter and might help with misty screens, not somthing i have had a issue with yet but i can see it happening. this shouldnt really weigh to much either.

DTA s80 isnt in stock at dta untill october but i have a price to fit it and uprate my fuel pump so am going to wait, might not fit this to the new year or somthing, it really is a very fast car even on half throttle and changing at 5.5k.

the car sounds tremendous with its current exhaust, im not to sure what to do really as its quite loud, but no idea how loud, i dont want to get kicked of any track days i attend so i have bought a piper system, but not sure if i will change it yet.

also added a couple of my own stickers
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/DSC01508.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/DSC01521.jpg

Ritchy
23-09-09, 08:10 PM
lol!

Phate
23-09-09, 08:12 PM
I'd love a car like this....its just awesome in everyway haha.

Jay-ZS+
12-10-09, 06:23 PM
Quick question mate Im thinking about striping mine at some point, just wondered how do you close the door and then wheres the handle to open it??

Supercharged_Z
12-10-09, 07:07 PM
no easy way,

i close the door by the top of the door card, there is some protector stuff there so you dont cut yourself it works well.

The cable you see sticking out the door card it what opens it, and its a simple pull to open. but not pull to close as it would break.

David
13-10-09, 07:36 AM
The must have drove through McDonalds drive through all night to grow the arse that big!