PDA

View Full Version : A busy month coming up

stamford
19-09-09, 07:01 PM
Got back from Essen, Germany last night, our company had a stand at the world's largest welding exhibition for the week, so spent three days away. This Thursday i'm off to New Zealand for 18 days on business taking in Hong Kong on the way out and then L.A. on the way home. The day I leave the zed is being sorn'd and not being used until I get the clutch replaced, belts done and finally stripped of all excess weight. Daily runner will be the TD5 Discovery which will be ready to pick up the day I leave! Bloody typical!

I'll miss driving the zed but will look forward to when it can be used as a play thing. Not entirely sure what to do but will focus on track use for now and then see what happens. I'm hoping that I can gain some sponsorship through work as and when things pick up, we'll see. This will dictate which way I decided to go, rallycross or MGOC who knows? It's too good for ovals! :laugh:

peterzs
19-09-09, 07:44 PM
How about MG's on Track.

Have a good time but watch out, isnt NZ, Lord of the Rings land??:laugh::laugh::laugh:

afcbadam
19-09-09, 07:48 PM
will you be leaving the zs road legal, or will is be used as a track only car mick? would be such a shame to see it going up the a27 on a trailor.

Jay-ZS+
19-09-09, 07:48 PM
Would be good if you could be sponsered! All the best with your travels mick :)

Dan1971
20-09-09, 06:46 AM
Enjoy your travels Mick.

I reckon the ZS will be back on the road soon enough. You'll miss it.

stamford
20-09-09, 10:12 AM
I am aiming to keep it road legal in the event that I may still drive it to and from tracks until such time I think no, it'll be trailered! One of the reasons I bought the Disco.

arwilson80
21-09-09, 09:01 AM
Have fun on your travels... Maybe you'll stop off in FL on your way back too. :D

Tomorrow morning 04:30(-ish) i'll start my journey. :bounce:

stamford
21-09-09, 09:12 AM
You're away as well, have a great time Alan, I'm sure you will! ;) Catch up when and if you're back :D

stamford
21-09-09, 12:29 PM
Been told I'll have a car to use during my stay in Auckland..............a Monaro Ute :D I was told you can have it and do as you wish for the duration, it'll have sat nav so no need for us to pick you up and take you back to the hotel, sweet! :D

The general manager of the engineering company i'm visiting told me his 18 year old son has an Evo6 and has been tuned and the runt only pays the equivalent of £300 a year fully covered! He also said Skylines are dirt cheap over there! Looks like I'm in the wrong country!

...................think I'll check the current issue of my C.V. ;)

Jay-ZS+
21-09-09, 12:43 PM
nice if you move you can always leave your zed on my drive ill keep the battery charged for you ;)

grimmy
21-09-09, 05:43 PM
Been told I'll have a car to use during my stay in Auckland..............a Monaro Ute

you lucky bstard i would love a Ute,would maybe start doing some homers with it, imagine rollong up to somebody's garden to cut their grass in one of them.

Ritchy
21-09-09, 06:00 PM
i really wanna go to new zealand, im jelous mick:D have a great time

stamford
23-09-09, 02:11 PM
Last drive in the zed today, expect it'll get a hard drive home from work tonight :D Then tomorrow it'll be sorn'd and remaining tax refunded. Pick the Discovery up tomorrow lunchtime and that will sit sorn'd until I get back from NZ! Kathy won't drive it until I get back! It's a tad bit bigger than her Jimny :laugh:

Just got my currency from work for the trip, Hong Kong dollars, US dollars and Euro's for me to change up as and when I need to and for whatever ;) Wan Chai is supposed to be interesting.............

Whilst in NZ I won't be needing anything as the company is paying for everything and including expenses!

It's all work!

Phate
23-09-09, 02:35 PM
Have fun Mickalias :)

stamford
23-09-09, 02:39 PM
I'll try ;)

Off tomorrow teatime and won't be on-site until Monday, possibly Tuesday :D

Phate
23-09-09, 02:43 PM
Bet your dreading it ;)

stamford
23-09-09, 02:52 PM
Some parts I am dreading.............like the 1st leg out, around 11hrs 45 mins and then the 2nd leg is another 10hrs 30mins! Oh well best try to sleep my way there. Haven't checked on the flight duration coming back...................then again I'll be a zombie for sure the following week as it's the groundhog day route..